How long after loosing the mucus plug does a cat usually go before labour?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that the bleeding is diminishing and that she's hungry. All good signs :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are 1 week old today :) my scales have ran out of battery now and I don't have more battery's yet but yesterday morning all the kittens had nearly doubled there birth weight [emoji]128522[/emoji] peppa is back to her normal self now and feeling much better the bleeding has stopped and her diarrhoea has gone also :)
Here's some pictures of the kittens today on there one week birthday [emoji]128513[/emoji] they all still have there cords and there eyes are starting to open

oreo ( kitten 1)

max (kitten 2)

oscar (kitten 3)

dexter ( kitten 4)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are precious and look very healthy :).

I'm happy to hear that Peppa's bleeding has stopped and her diarrhea is gone. She just needed some recovery time.

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oreo is such a sweet boy as soon as he knows I'm by the den he will start to meyow dead loud and make his way over and crawl on to my hand he just loves to be cuddled :) it's a toss up atm if we are keeping oreo or liyla [emoji]128525[/emoji] x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just make sure the kittens are with mom and nursing most of the time right now, as they are very young and fragile :).

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are with mum all the time we never pick them up and take them away from were she is, oreo just always crawls over when he knows I'm there, we cuddle them each a few times a day sat by the nest in front of peppa and she is completely fine with it 9 times out of 10 she takes the opportunity to go and get some food and have a sit on the window cill if not she just sits there and watches us or goes to sleep for a minute x

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens were 2 weeks yesterday, all are doing really well and so is peppa ill post some pics of the kittens thy have all grown so much its crazy how quickly they grow! x

fist born oreo

2nd born max

3rd born oscar

4th born dexter

5th born Liyla ( we are keeping her)

last born Toby ( my brother is addopting him)

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are 3 weeks old today! They are growing so quickly! They are all well on there way with there walking they are even trying to so a little wobbly run now [emoji]128514[/emoji] they all love snuggles and as soon as I walk in the room they all run over meowing and trying to climb up my legs [emoji]128525[/emoji] peppa is worrying me a little iv read online that kittens shouldn't start to weene untill 4-5weeks but I keep catching peppa taking the kittens over to the food bowls and litter tray with her when she goes there she will then eat a little and look around to them and let them sniff and dip there heads in to the bowl! I pannicked and removed them and put them back in the den and she cryed at me and walked back to them to lead them back over! She started to do this yesterday AM and it's worrying Me as the kittens are only still so young!?! Should I move her food bowls up high so she can't do this yet?? Apart from that the kittens are thriving and love to play fight with each other and they have started to lick alot I was giving them a supplant bottle yesterday as they were hungry and peppa didn't want to come down to feed them atall and as I was testing the milk on my wrist oreo liked the milk from my wrist!?! And iv noticed they are all starting to groom there self's too they always licking there fur on there paws.. x here is there updated weekly pics :) x

oreo [emoji]128522[/emoji]

max [emoji]10084[/emoji]

oscar [emoji]128513[/emoji]

dexter [emoji]128522[/emoji]

my little princess liyla [emoji]128120[/emoji]

tiny Toby [emoji]128525[/emoji] he isn't so tiny anymore he is as big as his siblings now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kittens look healthy and so cute [emoji]128149[/emoji].

Let your cat lead her babies to the bowl. This is what good moms do. She is teaching them so they will begin to wean soon and eat and learn the litter box. It's the next step and very natural for her to do this, so please do not interfere. In fact, they will learn more quickly!

Since she is doing this, you can put moistened kitten chow and wet food food down for them on a flat plate so they can reach it. It may be that the kittens are hungry and ready to begin the transition. With 6 kittens mom may not have enough milk to satisfy their growing needs.

Thanks for the update. Let us know how the weaning process goes!

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok ill do that thanks for the advice.. what's best to use the wet kitten food in jelly or the paté type food? I was worrying as they are only 3 weeks I was scared they would try to eat some and choke :( everything iv read on the Internet says don't wean kittens till they are at least 4-5 weeks thats why i removed them i wasnt sure what the right thing to do was.. I guess if she is doing it now she must instinctively know her babies are ready.. x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Pate is easiest for kittens. You can make a mush of it by adding water or preferably, kitten milk. Either way it makes it easier for them to lap it up.

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2 I can't get out to get any packets of the pate kitten food untill tomorrow so I blended up half a pouch of kitten wet food with my hand blender and added some kitten milk it's like a sloppy porridge consistency now, I just wanted to check this would be ok for them before I feed it them..

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is what iv made up for them, do I need to warm it a little in the microwave first? I made it up with warm kitten milk but by the time I give it to them in 20 mins or so it will of gone cold

Last edited by a moderator:

katie lou93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They licked at it a little on the plate but mainly they just walked thru it and then licked it from there paws it was very cute! peppa was happy to sit and watch themshe didn't try to move them away or anything then when they were done trampling in it she ate the rest [emoji]128514[/emoji] oreo and dexter have also sins last night been doing wees without stimulation they keep going over on to the feeding mat were peppa's food bowls are and squatting down and doing a wee.. I'm thinking is time to put them a tray down now?!? I'll probably move the food and put the tray were dexter and oreo have taken to going to do a wee.. I did find 1 little wet patch on there blanket this morning were sombody has done a wee I don't know if it's just them 2 atm doing it or everybody is iv only seen those too up to now and today iv not noticed peppa licking there bums atall when she's feeding them.. x

Dexter doing his wee on the mat [emoji]128584[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator: