How can I tell how pregnant my cat is?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How was she able to leave the bedroom? I thought she was being kept inside?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terrietarr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The garage is attached to the house thru the kitchen and our deep freeze is out there so my daughter, not being smart, had the door propped open and Lilly was wondering around today and that's where she ended up, back where she started. The dogs were at papas for a daily visit so she was safe, but sometimes my daughter forgets we have babies!

terrietarr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They are all snuggled so I left them be and tomorrow I will open the door and see what she does unless you think I should leave her be. I think Lilly likes it because it's bigger and darker out there and plenty of places to go. I just don't know when they actually start moving around and being on the go. We have shelving out there with boxes on them and an unused tanning bed and fridge and freezer but not much else because we have an unattached two car garage we use for cars and tools and such. I just know they will be climbing on everything eventually.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
For some reason I had it in my head that she took them to the detached garage. They are probably fine where they are for a bit. What's the climate like though in the garage? An attached garage in the summer time here in Florida would get too hot.

They definitely need to be back in the house when they start running around. Lilly had to make a few trips to accomplish this feat! :)

terrietarr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh Lilly is wearing me out. She is being so picky with her food and only wants one kind of canned food and I always leave out kitten chow but she doesn't eat it unless I don't open a new can every time she sees me. It is in the 80's here and I have an oscillating fan out there to circulate air. It's cooler in there than outside I've noticed. I'm beginning to feel like she is trying to see how much I can take between work, her, the wedding planning and dogs!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it your son who just found the kittens in his truck who is getting married in Florida soon?

terrietarr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes Miss Lilly found her fun indeed but she seems very content where she is. My son that found the kitties is the one getting married which means he won't b taking kitties because he has four new ones of his own now. They are doing great. Their dog doesn't attack any animal she knows. They have Freddie their inside cat and she loves him. As long as she knows Cassie is ok with something she is too. They have ducks and stuff and she is ok with them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You will be about 45 minutes to an hour from me when you are in Florida for the wedding :).

I'm glad his dog does not usually attack cats. This was sad, but I'm glad the kittens are doing well.

terrietarr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh lucky you to be in Florida all the time! My boyfriend is from St. Pete so he is excited to return to Florida and some of his family will be attending. Lilly is doing well and the kitties are hissing at me sometimes[emoji]128574[/emoji] maybe because their eyes are open and they don't know what's going on? They have doubled their weight since birth and the orange ones look like little porkers.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's fantastic news about the kittens! I hope the weight gains continue. You'll need to put them all back in the house before you leave.

So your daughter will be in charge of the house, the cats, and the dogs for two weeks while you're gone?

terrietarr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh no! I'm smarter than that. Lol the dogs are going to grandpa's for the time we are gone which is for the best so Lilly will have the house to herself with my daughter, but I also have my neighbor watching and coming over to check on things since my daughter is in college and works.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Whew! LOL. I was wondering. I have a daughter in college who works, but I would not leave her with quite that much responsibility either right now :).

terrietarr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's a good kid, but she is all over the place sometimes. I have an older 14 year old dog with no hearing and little eye site so he needs my care at night and our other one is actually a therapy dog who goes in to nursing homes, schools and libraries for kids to read to so she can't keep up with all that and Lilly. Cats are a little less work, but with the kittens she'll be busy enough. Hopefully with the neighbor they can get it done.

terrietarr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't been on for a while but wanted everyone to see the kittens at five weeks. We are doing so well and they are using the litter pan and eating small amounts on their own already. They are very attached to humans. All they do is crawl all over you and play, play play. I love them to pieces. All have homes but one. Lilly is due to be fixed in two weeks and doing very well.

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
What cute babies [emoji]128525[/emoji] they look great! Thank you for the update, happy to hear that all is well - Good Job with this cat family [emoji]128149[/emoji]