Help!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

elizabethrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
One of the kittens keeps trying to eat litter out of the tray it has crystals in it and I'm worried it will be bad for him! It's only him that does it and they aren't interested in any mushed up food yet, I have tried with him. When I see him doing it I fish the litter out with my finger so I'm not sure if he's ingested any, but obviously I'm not there all the time. Does anyone know why he might be doing it and what I can do?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to use non-clumping clay litter. Kittens don't know any better yet not to eat litter. Please change it.

Maybe they would eat dry kitten chow.

elizabethrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi the kittens are all weaned now except one. She was the runt and Molly had stopped feeding them now. I have given her goats milk full fat and she had started eating porridge with goats milk but I stopped giving her it as I thought it might hinder her going onto kitten food, or just be bad for her? But she is still not eating and is quite a lot under the weight of all her siblings! Any ideas on how I can get her to eat something nutricious that will help her grow?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would continue to give her goat's milk since she likes it. It is very good for kittens. Give her as much as she wants.

How old are the kittens now?

elizabethrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They will be nine weeks by the end of next week, they are going to new homes next Friday. She is staying with me though I am keeping her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's good, especially since she's not yet eating. :)

Have you tried Gerber turkey meat baby food? Kittens usually like it, and will lick it from your finger.

elizabethrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again! Trixie is still not eating cat food ‍♀ She started eating raw egg just beaten up for her and I was so relieved because of the protein and still having goats milk too. But now she's stopped eating egg :( she eats nothing else I've tried every type of cat food and it's really stressing me out! I've never known a cat like this!! And desperately want her to eat!! I worry about her health she is smaller than her brother but not worryingly so and she was the runt to begin with too.
If I buy cheap minced beef and cook it for her or raw and she eats that will that be an ok substitute? I'm running out of ideas!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you tried mincing chicken or turkey and mixing it with her goat's milk?

Will she eat dry kitten chow softened in milk?