Help!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She was probably just trying to pick up the baby with her mouth. She thought you were taking her baby from her. Try to relax.

Are there 2 now? Is mom cleaning them? Did she bite the second cord? Is she eating the placentas?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

elizabethrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two now and she's chewed this cord and is licking them she was chewing down there a while so I think she must be eating placentas as they come

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay. Moms usually do what's needed unless the kittens are coming too fast. You're doing fine! Glad you're with her! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sometimes there can be several hours between kittens. Have the kittens been nursing?

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, that cat is so lucky to have found you :) Just in case you didn't know feed her kitten food (if you can) while she is pregnant/nursing. Also I live with an outdoor kitty that is slowly after (7?) years learning to stay inside most of the night. He loves drinking out of our outdoor slow trickle fountain. If you can't afford a drinkwell, you might try one of those cheap table top fountains. I have a glass of water on the bathroom counter that I refill with fresh water every time I use the restroom. My cats love it. You might try bottled water (she may not like the chlorine) Best of luck, I look forward to seeing her kittens after they are born. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congratulations! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

The babies and mom look well!

elizabethrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She's nursed them all day and only moved to eat or pee etc but now she seems bored like she wants to come up on the bed and lie with me like she usually does and go for a wonder to see the other cats etc is this normal?!

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! She's nursed them all day and only moved to eat or pee etc but now she seems bored like she wants to come up on the bed and lie with me like she usually does and go for a wonder to see the other cats etc is this normal?!
She just wants a breather from them. It's perfectly normal. She knows they can't follow her.

elizabethrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for her to have some fresh blood today it's not heavy but she's leaving little patches where she sits today. She wasn't bleeding yesterday.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it's normal. Moms spot for 7-10 days after giving birth while the uterus heals. It should turn pink, then brown, and become less, then disappear.

elizabethrose

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, this is a question regarding my other cats one in particular Teddy. He is a three year old and he's always loved going outside. Before Christmas I lost my beloved old boy cat Toby and he was always out and about and was very territorial (all neutered) but he would fight off any Toms that came near our house. Since he disappeared though slowly Toms have started appearing and one in particular that lays around outside my front and back door calling everyday! And I've noticed my Teddy is scared of him and my older female too I saw her ihiding under my car because of him yesterday and poor Teddy was sat on the windowsill and wanted to come in but even though I opened the door and called him in because the Tom was there he wouldn't get down I had to go scoop him up and carry him into the house!! The Tom seems lovely towards me and my children but I don't want him around scaring my cats! I've chased him off a few times hissing like a crazy person haha but he just keeps coming back! And another one that appears occasionally too! Any ideas how I can stop them coming and scaring my poor other cats? Do you think they can smell Molly?? As she's obviously not spayed?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi, this is a question regarding my other cats one in particular Teddy. He is a three year old and he's always loved going outside. Before Christmas I lost my beloved old boy cat Toby and he was always out and about and was very territorial (all neutered) but he would fight off any Toms that came near our house. Since he disappeared though slowly Toms have started appearing and one in particular that lays around outside my front and back door calling everyday! And I've noticed my Teddy is scared of him and my older female too I saw her ihiding under my car because of him yesterday and poor Teddy was sat on the windowsill and wanted to come in but even though I opened the door and called him in because the Tom was there he wouldn't get down I had to go scoop him up and carry him into the house!! The Tom seems lovely towards me and my children but I don't want him around scaring my cats! I've chased him off a few times hissing like a crazy person haha but he just keeps coming back! And another one that appears occasionally too! Any ideas how I can stop them coming and scaring my poor other cats? Do you think they can smell Molly?? As she's obviously not spayed?
Yes, they can smell Molly, she is a magneto to them, esp when in heat.

The best is you help they with neutering, both for yourself and your cats, and also, its a nice gift to these toms, whom are essentially friendly...  So you would prefer NOT to be mean to them...

If you yourself dont afford to neuter them, there may be some rescue group nearby, or some shelter / Animal friends organisation sponsoring such??

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, they smell Molly's hormones and think she is in heat. He will likely hang around until after she is spayed. Getting him neutered would be helpful.