Help with "punishment"

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

If it looks stupid when I'm 85, I won't wear halter tops and bikinis
I want more, and am saving up money. I know people in their mid-40s who wear noserings and I don't think it looks weird at all.
OMG I soooo completely misread your post
. "It looks stupid when I'm 85, I don't wear halter tops and bikinis." Wow I thought that is a pretty secure 85 year old and surprised that there was one on the boards!! Wow ok I get it now, sorry

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

OMG I soooo completely misread your post
. "It looks stupid when I'm 85, I don't wear halter tops and bikinis." Wow I thought that is a pretty secure 85 year old and surprised that there was one on the boards!! Wow ok I get it now, sorry
that is easily misread but funny still!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by minxie

Brave? I think rebellious is the word. He is the type of 'individual' that has to stand out from the crowd and doesnt care what people think (I do love him though!). Its not mentioned on family holidays....on the beach...mum just closes her eyes to stop her having a paranoid panic attack and I have to reassure her by pointing out other kids who have the same thing and say 'its the fashion now...the generations have changed!'
Oh, no, by brave I meant was he stoic about it, or did he give your family ammo by being a big baby on tv

In my family you would have to be very sure of yourself before doing something like that - the slightest flicker of pain would surely be brought up every Christmas and Thanksgiving or other get together til the end of time.

ebongrey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually that sounds like my utopia
I'm hoping to still be showing off my eyebrow ring and tattoo in 40 years (I'd be 68 btw). I imagine I will be one of the eccentric elderly, running about with her hair dyed pink and her metal bits glinting in the sun.

Originally Posted by Cat_eyes

the info

Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos and pierced navels? (Now that's scary!)

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AnnasMom

I say let her keep the lip ring with the following changes in her life... Since she has decided she is an adult, charge her rent, make her pay part of the utilities, part of groceries, do her own laundry, clean her room ,dishes every other night, etc. If she whines, which you know she will, make her take it out then. Its like that new cell phone commerical "Why do you always have to treat me like and adult?"
I partly agree. Forget the ring. If it stays in and she has to do so many chores that she has no time for anything else but homework and school: each time she looks or feels the ring she will remember you told her not to do it!

She can make beds, wash and dry dishes, do some ironing, sweep and mop the kitchen. Just enough to let her see what it is like to be an adult!

ebongrey

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, I hope you don't think you hurt my feelings! I have thick skin, and you certainly didn't say anything offensive. You just stated your opinion, as did I. I just think it would be cool to see a bunch of elderly women running about town with piercing and tattoos and funky hair
*grin* I know, not everyone would be quite as impressed.
I'm a little goofy.

Originally Posted by Cat_eyes

I did not mean to herd anyones feelings

cat_eyes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ebongrey

Oh, I hope you don't think you hurt my feelings! I have thick skin, and you certainly didn't say anything offensive. You just stated your opinion, as did I. I just think it would be cool to see a bunch of elderly women running about town with piercing and tattoos and funky hair
*grin* I know, not everyone would be quite as impressed.
I'm a little goofy.
you made me giggle on that one!