Help me - cat is due any time now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
sarthur2 lolly is really being picky with her good she's stopped eating dry all together and picks at one can a day..maybe I should try other wet didn't know if it was a good ideal might give her diarrhea I put 2 kinds of dry and try different flavor of wet she is currently on friskiest wet and dry and Ian's dry the Ian's is kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You mean she's eating less food lately? Does she seem okay otherwise? Are the kittens nursing well?

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She seems find comes out the closet. A lot and walks around then goes back in when I look at her she meows I keep thinking she's hungry cause she's not eating much is there a kind of food cats seem to like more so then others maybe I should try that I'm not to worried but like I said she's only eating.g one can a day now

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds like she is doing fine. She is getting settled in with her babies, and as long as the food is available, she will eat what she wants and needs. She should be fine with whatever she was accustomed to eating before. She may be more hungry some days than others. My cat ate like a horse while pregnant, then backed off a little after she first had the babies, then resumed eating a lot. Let her dictate to you what she wants this first week. Everything sounds okay. She is probably more interested in resting up and nursing after all she went through over the weekend! :)

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can someone help me please ...lolly is eating only chicken but she's eating thank goodness. Its one of the kittens that I think might be sick..their eyes started to open and the one baby keeps sneezing. A LOT ..and has mucus coming out the nose..should I be worried ..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You need to take the kitten to the vet. It may have an upper respiratory infection (UTI) and need antibiotics.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can someone help me please ...lolly is eating only chicken but she's eating thank goodness. Its one of the kittens that I think might be sick..their eyes started to open and the one baby keeps sneezing. A LOT ..and has mucus coming out the nose..should I be worried ..
The mom will need also a calcium source.  Sure she doenst eats anything containing calcium?   If not, you can have some preparate containing powdered calcium.

You can even make one yourself. Take a boiled egg, take off the eggshell, take away the thin inner skin of the shell, and crush the shell thoruoulgly into a fine powder.

And sprinkle a little of that powder on the chicken meat.

It would also be good to add some fat...   If salomonella in eggs is no problem at your place, try to blend a raw egg yolk on this chicken...  Or anything she eats.

If salomonella IS a problem, you can give her boiled yolk too, the nourishment is essentially the same, but its not as easily digestible.

Re the kitten - yes contacting the vet is the wise to do, dont experiment yourself if you dont exactly know what you are doing.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The kitten formula would be good for Lolly to drink as well if you are able to get some. It's packed full of vitamins and minerals. And the egg and egg shells, as Stefan mentioned.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He thought she was just eating boiled chicken, not cat food. But the egg will still help her nutritionally. She can use the extra calcium while she's nursing. Calcium deficiency can cause seizures.

How's the sick kitten doing?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He thought she was just eating boiled chicken, not cat food. But the egg will still help her nutritionally. She can use the extra calcium while she's nursing. Calcium deficiency can cause seizures.

How's the sick kitten doing?
Yes, I didnt got the whole message.  If she eats canned cat food, with chicken flavor, she will manage nicely.

Still my food advices are useful, so  use them anyway, please!    :)

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always on the weekends.  Just like kids.  How are you doing?