Help me - cat is due any time now

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you look at the picture the whole round side on the left side is like a big hard circle

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If/when Lolly is taken to the vet what should be done with the kittens.  They need to be warm and fed every 2 hours but vets are never quick.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillollypop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When she got up it almost look like when she was one month pregnant or maybe even one and a half month

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. Poor Lolly. Why don't you take @Handsome Kitty up on her offer and take her to Valley Central? I think it might be best.
I have the number and can call while you are in transit so they have payment info.  what needs to be done with the kittens.  Maybe Debbie can at least have that all ready or thought out 

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I will say that the Vet is the best idea. We can help you learn what to do to keep the kittens fed, warm and safe until their mother returns.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens must be fed every two hours, cleaned every two hours, you must simulate them to potty by rubbing their private area with a soft, warm washcloth. Most importantly of all they must be kept warm with a heat source, they cannot regulate their temperture yet. A sock filled with dry rice and heated in a microwave until warm will work for about 2 hours before needing to be reheated. Be sure it is not too hot. If you have a box you can keep them in with the sock that would work nicely. Also make sure they can move off the sock if they get hot. I'll look up some links for you.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is the link to hand raising kittens, http://www.thecatsite.com/a/hand-rearing-kittens

Also you'll need a needle-less syringe, no needle or a baby kitten bottle and some liquid KMR or goat milk. I've used liquid KMR not yet used goat milk. Be very sure that the kittens do not breathe in any milk, when/if you must feed them, I say this depending on what the Vet decides about Lolly. If any of them were to sneeze milk out of their noses, immediately stop feeding turn the kitty over, head facing the ground and gently pat to help drain the milk out. They must not breathe it in or they will get very sick, very fast. Please keep us posted on Lolly.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
handsome kitty handsome kitty

She is going to the vet and will contact you. Kittens staying home for now. She will leave the vet with formula and syringe in hand in case she needs it. Neighbor driving her to clinic.

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Here is the link to hand raising kittens, http://www.thecatsite.com/a/hand-rearing-kittens

Also you'll need a needle-less syringe, no needle or a baby kitten bottle and some liquid KMR or goat milk. I've used liquid KMR not yet used goat milk. Be very sure that the kittens do not breathe in any milk, when/if you must feed them, I say this depending on what the Vet decides about Lolly. If any of them were to sneeze milk out of their noses, immediately stop feeding turn the kitty over, head facing the ground and gently pat to help drain the milk out. They must not breathe it in or they will get very sick, very fast. Please keep us posted on Lolly.
If you don't have this on hand, the vet might.  You can leave Lolly w/the vet and run home see to the kittens then go back if it is taking too long.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Handsome Kitty

She is going to the vet and will contact you. Kittens staying home for now. She will leave the vet with formula and syringe in hand in case she needs it. Neighbor driving her to clinic.
The kittens must be kept warm, please pass along the rice idea and the box, they will scoot around trying to find their mother. I'm afraid they'll get cold, especially this young, please hurry before she leaves.

@sarthur2  

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She has a heating pad set up under their blanket in the nest. They have just nursed. They should be okay for a couple of hours. She does not have her own car. A neighbor is driving her.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I glad they are being kept warm. Yes, they should be alright for now. Please keep us posted along with Lillolly

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
handsome kitty handsome kitty

I told her you called and left credit card info. Lolly is nursing the babies while they are waiting for her neighbor. She is coming home with formula and a syringe regardless. Thank you and N nansiludie for all your help on here. Will update when I know more once she is at the clinic! :)

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good news, I am glad to hear it. Praying that nothing is seriously wrong with Lolly.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She reached the clinic in the last 10 minutes. She had to wait awhile for her ride. Lolly is doing okay, but was VERY stressed about leaving her babies. I'll update further as soon as I hear more.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The vet palpated Lolly extensively and, unsure, ordered an X-ray. It turns out that Lolly is fine! So that last placenta - delivered some 12 hours after the dead kitten - was it.

Our poster is checking out now at the clinic, and is feeling a great deal of relief and an enormous sense of peace of mind. She will be back on the forum this evening after she returns home and sees that Lolly is settled with her babies. Again, much thanks to handsome kitty handsome kitty for making it possible for her to get in the door. :)