HELP! Don't have a vet appt until Wednesday

clory525

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My 1 year old cat, Sophie, started developing this rash around her neck. It was scabbing up at one point and looked like it was healing, but today it got much worse. There is a huge patch of bald skin where her fur used to be, and it's very red. 

Has anyone experienced this before and could provide me with any insight at all? the blizzard affected us badly and I don't think I can make it out to a 24 hour hospital today. 

Here's a picture of what it looks like:

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

carinajosefine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If its not explosively getting worse, I think you can treat this like any other wound untill your appointment (then again, Im no vet.) I had a cat with allergies for a few years, and the most important thing to do, while waiting for treatment to start, or treatment to work, is to keep their paws and tongue away from the wounds, and to keep the wound clean. I also used some antibacterial cream from time to time, if it looked red and inflamed. So ho to keep their paws away...? I have used everything from collars/cones (comfy cone being the cats favourite), to hand made socks to keep him from hurting himself with his claws. Little scarfs and bodysuits have been used from time to time as well, but they were never a favourite for the cat.

Last edited: