Heavily pregnant cat

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I can see more discharge tonight still not tons but more progressing as the night goes on she has been on litter tray 3 times in past 15 mins without going the toilet fingers crossed something will happen tonight
sounds like she nearing tonight or tomorrow

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Better for them to be a bit late than a bit early. She looks very relaxed in the pictures. Just hang in there, they'll be here soon enough.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it will be soon. My pregnant stray was huge with a hard belly & hung on for almost the full 10 weeks. I too thought she would never have them.Then she had a litter of four who are all healthy & turned 4 weeks old yesterday! And if you're not there she will still be fine!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

loulou85

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still nothing :/ does anyone know how long u can usually see kittens moving for before labour I have been able to see them kicking for 2 wks now I spoke to the vets on Monday they have said give her a few days then take her in to be checked I don't know how long to leave her

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Still nothing :/ does anyone know how long u can usually see kittens moving for before labour I have been able to see them kicking for 2 wks now I spoke to the vets on Monday they have said give her a few days then take her in to be checked I don't know how long to leave her
Its any day now, perhaps even any hour.  But as Nora-chan mentioned earlier, cats tend to manage late deliveries well, better than humans.  I myself think this with the fear of late deliveries is mostly from the human medicinal practice.

Its much more touchy with premature deliveries of the kittens, the kittens dont manage it well.  Again, unlike humans.

Nothing is quarenteed and fireproofed, but we do have the best of hopes!

Good luck!

loulou85

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat is in labour I'm totally new to this and crapping myself x

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Stay calm & let mother nature run its course. In all likelihood your cat will deliver her kittens with no problems. :)

loulou85

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Middle of bedroom floor of I stop rubbing her belly she meows at me how long should she have contractions for a kitten to be born

loulou85

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First kitten is here I had to save him she didnt know what to do x

loulou85

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
2nd kiten is here

loulou85

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
4th kitten has arrived at 9.45 (almost 2 hrs ago) she paused after the 2nd kitten for a while and had 2 close together I was so panicked and didn't know what I was looking for I don't think ive seen the first 2 placentas kitten one was breech and she struggled to get him out so I had to help her and then she wasn't interested so I had to save him by freeing his mouth from the bag and putting him with her so I might have missed that as I was too busy checking he was alive, 2nd born came out fine but again she didn't know what to do so I had to sort that one too then 3rd time I didnt have to intervene too much except clean mouth I only noticed last 2 placentas cos kittens seemed stuck to her for a bit but first 2 came out quite fast now I'm worried she hasn't passed first 2 ... I am a complete novice to this and was freaking out at first so may have just not noticed

loulou85

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought there would be more than 4 by her size but she had 4 between 8pm and 9.45pm so if nothing since is she likely done it's now 11.35pm and she's happily feeding kittens

loulou85

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weights were 88 grams 94 grams 111 grams 104 grams