Have some of you received "signs"

Gunther4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
of their babies after they took the Rainbow Bridge.
It may be a weird thing to ask, but I would find it comforting. I told my cat that I would be happy if he could send me any messages of any kind when he gets there, but I still have nothing (it's been 3 days).
Have some of you experienced something, this time or some time ago ?
Had video of my old boy Gunther (24 -1/2 years old when he crossed) just pop up on my phone and play when I had set it down after a call with a friend. It was a video of him watching a chipmunk on our deck and dreaming of his hunting days. So I figured he found some happy hunting grounds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Had video of my old boy Gunther (24 -1/2 years old when he crossed) just pop up on my phone and play when I had set it down after a call with a friend. It was a video of him watching a chipmunk on our deck and dreaming of his hunting days. So I figured he found some happy hunting grounds.
That's cute !

I'm sad just now. I just gave his food to the friend of a friend who takes care of stray cats in her backyard.
I gave it because there's nothing I can do with it at the moment, it would be a shame that the date expires.
I won't give anything else, everything is still in place. I just washed the litter box and put new sand in it.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's cute !

I'm sad just now. I just gave his food to the friend of a friend who takes care of stray cats in her backyard.
I gave it because there's nothing I can do with it at the moment, it would be a shame that the date expires.
I won't give anything else, everything is still in place. I just washed the litter box and put new sand in it.
It's hard giving up things like food, treats, etc. But, it would be a shame to waste as you said, and it helps me to know that their extra food is going to feed others, just like them.
There is no law stating that you have to give his other things away or move them just yet. My Levi passed in March of 2022, and he favored a small room that we called "his". The other cats don't go in there, and while it's been dusted and cleaned his cat tree and favorite bed are still there. It isn't hurting anything by being there.
Today would have been 14 years since I brought my Tag home, and tonight, I saw a deer in the field, and moments later, a rainbow appeared. It's been almost a year since he passed and this brought me a lot of joy, even after all this time. :)

Eurocat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My beautiful calico soul cat Tiggy accompanied me growing up. We were extremely close and she went through so much with me - the trials and tribulations of growing up and the breakdown of my parents marriage. I got her aged 6 and she „left“ due to very distressing circumstances when I was 21. I was an only child and she was my everything. I was totally devestated. She was extremely shy towards strangers, but strongly affectionate and loyal to me and us as a family and extremely smart, understanding many words and situations, being able to solve many problems and grasping a multitude of tricks in the blink of an eye and moving house with us many times. This was the 70s and 80s when the understanding of feline behaviour was still extremely limited and outsiders were always astonished that she totally crushed all the typical stereotypes of cats being unsociable, untrainable, unadaptable and only connected to their territory.
Although now over 30 years ago, I still miss her and grieved her strongly for many years, but was always so thankful that she enriched my life for so long.
I moved away, left the country, lived into an apartment and I felt my lifestyle and accommodation wasn’t suited to the commitment and responsibility of getting another animal for many, many years. But I believed I often felt her presence in the first years, the door opening a crack wider like when she used to push into the room, a thud when she used to jump from the window sill. I also dreamt that she had slept on my bed countless times, dismissing these dreams though as wishful thinking the moment I awoke.
One night, a few years after her death, it happened again, but this time much more vividly. I FELT the jump on to the bed, the footsteps walking tentatively over me to the chosen sleeping spot - I woke up, was fully conscious - the walking continued as did the circling before finding the right position on the designated place and the vibration of the purr as she stretched, relaxing into her sleeping position. I knew it all so well. I kept very, very still, whispered her name and turned on the light. But there was nothing, no indentation of cat on the bed, nothing, the empty nothingness just reawakening my feeling of deep loss and grief.
I was actually really shaken up by this event for a couple of days and talked to friends, questioning my sanity or the ability of the brain to vividly conjur up familiar or comforting situations when necessary. One friend told me a similar story regarding her dog which had passed which reassured me somewhat, and in the end I had no other choice than to just to accept the situation as it was for whatever it was. It always stayed with me though, but it never recurred again...
Fast forward 30 years later and enter a tiny, emaciated, extremely skittish semi-feral 5 month old torbie kitten whom I had a chance encounter with on a summer kajaking holiday on a remote Greek island in the sparkling Aegean Sea. The heartbreaking plite of millions of street cats/dogs in southern Europe wasn’t new to me. I’d always tried to help whenever/however possible but had never considered adopting due to an incompatible lifesytle.
This time something was different. I saw her and I knew. „This is my cat“ I whispered to my partner who otherwise knew me as being very pragmatic in such situations. Bringing a wild street cat back home when I was in the middle of dealing with a sick parent in another country didn‘t really sound that rational.
Yet after endless soul searching and organisation (very long story) I arrived home, tiny terrified kitty in hand and heart, facing the unknown of a wild Greek semi-feral in a German apartment. It wasn’t that I was totally inexperienced. I had grown up around a plethora of domestic animals, and working with wild animals was also not new for me, but not aiming to release them was.
Socialization was slow and hindered by the necessity of many vet visits. She had to overcome a massive infection of the gastrointestinal tract and months of diarrhea and skin issues. I was often disheartened and took strength from the multitude of fantastic informatively supportive postings here on this site (thank you everyone! :)). After 2 months we had progessed to the point where I could let her roam the apartment and her catio at night. At this stage although really enjoying interacting through play, she was only allowing me to stroke or touch her in 3 locations in the flat where she felt safest. I left my bedroom door open at night, but she never came in.
I often asked myself (even before I brought her back) if the stress I had exposed her to in bringing her with me and trying to socialize her had really been in her own best interest. The painful thought even crossed my mind that she may be better off living a wilder life on the organic farm of a colleague of mine.
One evening I went to bed again feeling quite disillusioned. I fell into a deep sleep only to be jolted into consciousness by the feeling of something landing on the bed, small purring footsteps seeking the best place to curl up. It was exactly the same experience as 30 years previously. This time I felt all the wiser and just accepted my vivid imagination, not bothering to turn on the light. Next morning I woke in the knowledge and comfort that I‘d had a lovely dream. I turned over, ready to get up and start my day and….. beholded my little skittish kitty lying spread out on my bed next to me. :))
This was major for me in 2 respects. Of course it represented one huge breakthrough with my semi-feral but it also begs the question of my vivid experience 30 years ago. Both experiences were for me in the realm of not being really „feasible“ within their existing framework and for me it was very moving that a breakthrough with my kitty came in the form of such an experience I had had all those years ago.
So maybe a double sign? :))
As to my little semi-feral? She is now fully healthy and although still very shy of strangers she has blossomed into such an affectionate, smart, beautiful and sensitive cat. We have a deep, trusting bond. She again is my soul kitty. Long gone are the days when I couldnt approach her, now everything is possible even a trip with us to a little holiday cottage in the countryside which she loved. It seems that she (and I) is/are indeed being watched over by a (cat?) guardian angel?

mmdesolate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've never had any "single moment" signs, but I consider Twitch as a whole to be a sign from my dad's giant orange cat Turbo. My dad took the family to the city shelter "just to say hi to the cats" the day Turbo died, and Twitch attached himself to my dad as soon as he bent down to open his cage. Twitch isn't as big as Turbo was and isn't orange, but he's still well above average size for a cat.

mmdesolate

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also had a few dreams about Squeaky (cat my parents made me give up to a barn cat placement program in 2017 for having litter box issues) earlier this summer... maybe he got a good 5 years out there and finally decided it's time to go.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First I want to apologize for the length.
I haven't had any signs that I have noticed for any animals passing but I have one from a family member passing.
My Great aunt had been diagnosed with cancer. After her diagnosis she declined rapidly I had quit my job and moved to NC to stay with my cousin (her son) and his wife who was a cna. The reason I moved there the last month of her life was because my cousin and his wife wanted her to be able to come home and they needed someone else with medical training to help.
Anyway I moved in there and helped do everything for her (she couldn't do anything not eat, move, talk, she was incontinent, etc) the day before she passed my grandmother and a few other family members were finally able to make the trip to come see her. It was a very heartfelt day. When it was time for everyone to go back home 6hr drive one way.. everyone had said their goodbyes to my aunt. Then Sarah (my cousins wife) and I had to go to the store we told her we would be right back.
We got a call from her son she was deteriorating we rushed home and were there while she passed. No one that came to see her had made it home by this time, they were still about an hour from home. It's as if she held out long enough to see her sisters (my grandma and other great aunt and her husband) before she let go.
We waited for everyone to make it home before we let them know because we didn't want anyone driving upset. When they got home and called us we had to tell them the news.. Anyway my great aunt always said if a butterfly lands on you it is a sign from a loved one. The next day I was writing important things texting people etc. I was outside as it was a beautiful day I was visited by this beautiful butterfly that stayed on my hand for almost 45 minutes. The whole time I'm moving writing and texting it stayed right with me on my hand it didn't fly away until I was done doing some of the funeral home arrangements
I will always know it was my Great Aunt Mary letting me know she was OK and there for me. I was crying (knowing it was her) and trying to continue figuring out the funeral home arrangements

Attachments

Last edited:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've never had any "single moment" signs, but I consider Twitch as a whole to be a sign from my dad's giant orange cat Turbo. My dad took the family to the city shelter "just to say hi to the cats" the day Turbo died, and Twitch attached himself to my dad as soon as he bent down to open his cage. Twitch isn't as big as Turbo was and isn't orange, but he's still well above average size for a cat.
mmdesolate mmdesolate I do believe things like this are more than coincidence. I lost a cat in 2010 and never got another, it felt so disloyal to do so. 4 1/2 years later, I found a very sick kitten (in a way, she found me) and I sometimes wonder if my cat I lost years before that was giving me a nudge to help another sick kitten in the same way I helped him.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
First I want to apologize for the length.
I haven't had any signs that I have noticed for any animals passing but I have one from a family member passing.
My Great aunt had been diagnosed with cancer. After her diagnosis she declined rapidly I had quit my job and moved to NC to stay with my cousin (her son) and his wife who was a cna. The reason I moved there the last month of her life was because my cousin and his wife wanted her to be able to come home and they needed someone else with medical training to help.
Anyway I moved in there and helped do everything for her (she couldn't do anything not eat, move, talk, she was incontinent, etc) the day before she passed my grandmother and a few other family members were finally able to make the trip to come see her. It was a very heartfelt day. When it was time for everyone to go back home 6hr drive one way.. everyone had said their goodbyes to my aunt. Then Sarah (my cousins wife) and I had to go to the store we told her we would be right back.
We got a call from her son she was deteriorating we rushed home and were there while she passed. No one that came to see her had made it home by this time, they were still about an hour from home. It's as if she held out long enough to see her sisters (my grandma and other great aunt and her husband) before she let go.
We waited for everyone to make it home before we let them know because we didn't want anyone driving upset. When they got home and called us we had to tell them the news.. Anyway my great aunt always said if a butterfly lands on you it is a sign from a loved one. The next day I was writing important things texting people etc. I was outside as it was a beautiful day I was visited by this beautiful butterfly that stayed on my hand for almost 45 minutes. The whole time I'm moving writing and texting it stayed right with me on my hand it didn't fly away until I was done doing some of the funeral home arrangements
I will always know it was my Great Aunt Mary letting me know she was OK and there for me. I was crying (knowing it was her) and trying to continue figuring out the funeral home arrangements
This is amazing to me!!!! My jaw literally dropped when I read that the butterfly stayed on your hand for a full 45 minutes. That is a WOW moment and what a wonderful, wonderful gift. :butterfly: I am so sorry for the loss of your Great Aunt Mary, but, she let you know that she is now in Good hands...HIS hands!!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is amazing to me!!!! My jaw literally dropped when I read that the butterfly stayed on your hand for a full 45 minutes. That is a WOW moment and what a wonderful, wonderful gift. :butterfly: I am so sorry for the loss of your Great Aunt Mary, but, she let you know that she is now in Good hands...HIS hands!!
iPappy iPappy Yes as you can see I was able to move my hand in different positions and the butterfly would just crawl around on me.
I literally cried because I had never has a butterfly land on me and stay I've had one or two land and fly away about a second later but never in my life had I experienced anything like this. I truly believe she was telling me not to worry, she had made it in the kingdom of heaven with God, and that she will always be here with me,

I am so happy I was able to share my experience with the amazing people here! Sometimes the signs can be so subtle that you might not notice, and other times I they can be so noticeable that there is no doubt.

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree with Ipappy, it's totally amazing !! Sometimes you wonder if you don't see things because you want to see them, but 45mn is a veeeery long time ! Thanks for sharing !

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I think pets can lead us to their "successor", and also that we don't choose them but they choose us.
More than 30 years ago, I went to the shelter just to "see" the cats, after I lost mine. They were all quiet except one weirdo little kitty who looked like an owl with her long hair, she wanted to show me everything she could do, jump and roll etc. As you can imagine, I wasn't able to resist !
My other kitty quite simply just escalated me until my shoulder !
For my big boy, it was weird. I was going to the grocery store with my kids, walking. We passed the park, nothing. On the way back 20mn later he was here :-O He was crying loudly and he was very very hungry. We searched the park for other kittens or his mum but he was completely alone... We never knew what had happened in this 20mn timespan...

eevans3373

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Around Christmas of last year, I had a dream that Sammie was with my grandmother. I remember feeling so excited that I would see him again. It had been such a long time since I'd seen Sammie. I got on my bike and rode it the route I used to ride it when I was a kid to go to my grandmother's house. Then I woke up. My grandmother died in 2017. I took it as a sign the universe was telling me that Sammie would be leaving me soon and I had best prepare.

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
of their babies after they took the Rainbow Bridge.
It may be a weird thing to ask, but I would find it comforting. I told my cat that I would be happy if he could send me any messages of any kind when he gets there, but I still have nothing (it's been 3 days).
Have some of you experienced something, this time or some time ago ?
it is has been a month? since i lost my baby girl. i can tell you that i could hear her calling me. i can feel her jump on the bed. sometimes i think i c her out the corner of my eyes. but when i look, i know i imagined it. I have stopped looking at the foot of the bed when i feel the pressure. i know it is because i miss her so much. almost 21 yrs is a long time. just be open to it.

Attachments

nanniecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just in case you don't feel that you have received any messages or signs.....I am a person who has never experienced anything of this kind, despite years of animal ownership and many deceased pets. However, several years ago I had an animal communicator come to the house to talk to my then living GSD. I had removed all "clues" as to my life from the room and made sure to remain as neutral as possible to prevent a "cold reading." In the course of talking to my dog, she received messages from two of my other deceased pets. They apparently just sort of showed up and butted in; however, the information that she gave me and the messages they had were exactly who they were and who they had been. She would have had no other way of knowing any of this; for example, she was not referred from a clinic who had treated my other pets and had asked no questions about us except for directions to the house.
that is wonderful! were you comforted?

hspot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have yet to receive any sign of my Tabitha from the great beyond yet. But it's only been a week. I have her ashes looking out the window, and still talk and cry to her every day. I thank her for being in my life for those 19 years. But I have yet to see or feel any presence or sign from her.

skylerlark

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've had several signs since my beloved Binx's passing 6 weeks ago. The day he left he walked past my monitor on my desk, that night I heard him at the end of my bed. Just last week I distinctly saw him laying on the couch with his head on his paws asleep. He often used the couch before he became ill but always stretched out to take advantage of the space. Just two nights ago I was awoken by him, looking much younger, cradled in my left arm, then the the sight quickly changed to a shadowed circle (sorry forgot technical name) in which he was heartily chomping down a can of Whiskas wet food. I'd never given him Whiskas here in Thailand, only kibble which I believe contributed to his CKD.

In any case, I haven't felt him around me so much since. I believe it was his way of letting me know he was okay, and I was very comforted by it.