Have some of you received "signs"

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
of their babies after they took the Rainbow Bridge.
It may be a weird thing to ask, but I would find it comforting. I told my cat that I would be happy if he could send me any messages of any kind when he gets there, but I still have nothing (it's been 3 days).
Have some of you experienced something, this time or some time ago ?

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
My childhood cat Jeany crossed the rainbow bridge when she was 19 years old in April 2021. In the following weeks I always felt her presence in our house and sometimes I could see her right from the corner of my eye, I was seeing her walk over the kitchen floor and her fur shining in the sun. She was older than me and took care of me since I was born, always watching out for me. It's comforting to know she is still here watching over me. I'm sure your boy is watching over you too ❤

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Other than feelings, I had a positive sign from my soulmate Chrissy. On the night she died, on a December night, my husband and I were so distraught, standing outside looking at the heavens. My husband cried out, "Chrissy if you made it to heaven, baby, please show us a sign!" At that exact moment, a shooting star shot sideways across the heavens! I wish I could have always held on to that certainty, that amazement, the belief, that we had at that moment. But I will never forget it, even though it has been 10 years ago, as long as I live. It is so like her to be so dramatic!
Do not worry you haven't received your 'sign' yet, it may take a while while your heart processes your grief. It is there, i believe all our little ones will send an answer. You just have to let yourself open up to it. Sometimes it is a feather in a strange spot, or a penny, or a favorite toy showing up. Sometimes it is a shadow in the corner of your eye, sometimes through your dreams. Do not worry, love is spiritual, so eternal. Your little one will always be connected to your soul........

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Poppy fought cancer for 18 months before we sent her over the bridge. Even though she had trouble breathing and clearly was suffering ( which is why we made the decision) she fought it. The vet had to use double the amount of medicine and put it directly into her heart rather than just an injection. I was left with the agony of second guessing if I had done the right thing. I was standing looking out onto my deck, worrying that I had misjudged and ended her life too soon, when I thought ‘If the decision was the right one, let me see a hummingbird.’ The hummers had already become scarce due to migration. At that moment, a hummingbird flew onto my deck and hovered in front of me for a few seconds! I truly believe that Poppy was telling me not to torture myself about her death.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Poppy fought cancer for 18 months before we sent her over the bridge. Even though she had trouble breathing and clearly was suffering ( which is why we made the decision) she fought it. The vet had to use double the amount of medicine and put it directly into her heart rather than just an injection. I was left with the agony of second guessing if I had done the right thing. I was standing looking out onto my deck, worrying that I had misjudged and ended her life too soon, when I thought ‘If the decision was the right one, let me see a hummingbird.’ The hummers had already become scarce due to migration. At that moment, a hummingbird flew onto my deck and hovered in front of me for a few seconds! I truly believe that Poppy was telling me not to torture myself about her death.
Clearly we're always trying our best but are never sure we did the right thing at the right moment. I was questioning myself earlier too, I was watching the film image by image (before I forget it, I know my mind will soon lock it in a drawer, so that accessing it will be very difficult) of what happened this week-end and before, my reason knows we did the best we could, my heart will always be doubting.
Anyway, your story is really nice too because it's so specific ! Your kitty found the perfect way to come to you, that's nice !

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Just in case you don't feel that you have received any messages or signs.....I am a person who has never experienced anything of this kind, despite years of animal ownership and many deceased pets. However, several years ago I had an animal communicator come to the house to talk to my then living GSD. I had removed all "clues" as to my life from the room and made sure to remain as neutral as possible to prevent a "cold reading." In the course of talking to my dog, she received messages from two of my other deceased pets. They apparently just sort of showed up and butted in; however, the information that she gave me and the messages they had were exactly who they were and who they had been. She would have had no other way of knowing any of this; for example, she was not referred from a clinic who had treated my other pets and had asked no questions about us except for directions to the house.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I, too, am like the previous poster. Never really received any signs I could recognize from my cats who passed. But tbh, I never asked for, or expected them either. There are any number of 'signs' that could happen and never be recognized as such. When my first cat Tawny passed, the very same day a female kitten showed up behind my fence out of nowhere - maybe it was him that made sure someone could take care of me as he did. When she (Gracie) passed, it was two years that went by when another cat 'showed up' - but those two years were unfortunately filled with 3 family members' illnesses and passing. It was at the end of those long two years when things started to finally settle down that Feeby found me. Never took these as signs, but maybe they were. You just never know and, as I said, you may not even be able to realize the signs.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Typically, the signs that I get are celestial but I was taught to look to the skies. I usually get a spectacular sunrise or sunset but sometimes the skies are clear and I have to wonder. With my little cat Joey, it took 12 days and I kept praying daily to know that he was all right - my then-husband decided to drive me to Vegas for a long weekend and there was the most spectacular sunset coloring a Sierra Wave that extended the length of the Sierra and the clouds stayed brilliantly colored for over 100 miles - it was the sign that Joey is part of something bigger now, up there with the Creator, the ancestors and those yet to be born.

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just in case you don't feel that you have received any messages or signs.....I am a person who has never experienced anything of this kind, despite years of animal ownership and many deceased pets. However, several years ago I had an animal communicator come to the house to talk to my then living GSD. I had removed all "clues" as to my life from the room and made sure to remain as neutral as possible to prevent a "cold reading." In the course of talking to my dog, she received messages from two of my other deceased pets. They apparently just sort of showed up and butted in; however, the information that she gave me and the messages they had were exactly who they were and who they had been. She would have had no other way of knowing any of this; for example, she was not referred from a clinic who had treated my other pets and had asked no questions about us except for directions to the house.
This is very interesting. I thought of contacting a pet communicator but I didn't know where to search, and he hadn't been eating for 4 days already, we were running out of time, so I gave up. Can yours do this at a distance or does she have to come to the pet's place ?
I live in Japan but I'm European so everything is more complicated. It would be nice to receive some messages as well, but I guess they come only if the pet is willing to communicate...

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I, too, am like the previous poster. Never really received any signs I could recognize from my cats who passed. But tbh, I never asked for, or expected them either. There are any number of 'signs' that could happen and never be recognized as such. When my first cat Tawny passed, the very same day a female kitten showed up behind my fence out of nowhere - maybe it was him that made sure someone could take care of me as he did. When she (Gracie) passed, it was two years that went by when another cat 'showed up' - but those two years were unfortunately filled with 3 family members' illnesses and passing. It was at the end of those long two years when things started to finally settle down that Feeby found me. Never took these as signs, but maybe they were. You just never know and, as I said, you may not even be able to realize the signs.
When I lost my first kitty almost 30 years ago, I got another one a little later. I had a photo of her on the wall. After a few days, the new kitten jumped on the chair, and stared at the picture on the wall, like for several minutes. That was weird... he never did it afterwards, that was the only time.

My big boy came into my life just before I got very sick. He was not there the first time we walked this street, he was there 20mn later when we came back. 3 weeks old, and very hungry. He hissed once, but then let us pick him up. We searched the place but there was no signs of mom or siblings so we think he was just put there during these 20mn. He was with me during all the time the treatment lasted and after. Maybe he came to help me during that difficult time. Maybe I'm well enough now so he was summoned to help another family, who knows...

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Typically, the signs that I get are celestial but I was taught to look to the skies. I usually get a spectacular sunrise or sunset but sometimes the skies are clear and I have to wonder. With my little cat Joey, it took 12 days and I kept praying daily to know that he was all right - my then-husband decided to drive me to Vegas for a long weekend and there was the most spectacular sunset coloring a Sierra Wave that extended the length of the Sierra and the clouds stayed brilliantly colored for over 100 miles - it was the sign that Joey is part of something bigger now, up there with the Creator, the ancestors and those yet to be born.
This is really nice too ! Today's a rainy day so no nice sunset or anything, but it's also the summer solstice and it's usually a good day for me, so we'll see !...

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My daughter woke up she had a dream. She was in a Japanese style room and there was someone with her to ensure everything would go well because practicing magic could be dangerous. There was a kind of magic stick she beat on a table, and it was making some kind of small magic circles. The first time nothing happened but the second time, our boy appeared sitting like on my avatar, and she pet him, and he was happy. The second time, she didn't hit the table strong enough so she could see him in another place but couldn't reach him.
She says she saw him very precisely as he really was, which she finds weird because she makes a lot of drawings and never managed to remember his features well enough to draw him from memory.
Maybe it's just a grieving little girl's dream, maybe...

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The person I mentioned came in person but many will communicate via other methods. If you consider doing this, look around at your options, read reviews, and if you know anyone who had used a communicator and thought that they did a good job ask for the name. I attended another animal communication meeting with a different communicator at a vet clinic locally and the woman was terrible.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
castoretpollux castoretpollux I have. And some might be a coincidence, but in some cases I am absolutely certain it was a sign, and no one will ever change my mind.
My latest loss was a very special Papillon dog. I loved him with all my heart, and I still do. He passed away on September 15, 2022.
The day after he passed, I was outside and noticed there was a large, beautiful Monarch butterfly trapped inside the catio. I managed to capture this butterfly, and gently cupped him in my hands to take him out of the catio. When I opened my hands, the Monarch sat there for a moment, then flew away. I went inside, glanced at the clock. It was 7:00PM, and realized it was exactly 24 hours since my dog had passed that I set that butterfly free. What really got me is that Papillon dogs are sometimes called "Butterfly Dogs". For weeks, there were butterflies ALL OVER my yard. This was an extreme amount of them. Pretty awesome "coincidence" IMO.
One week later, on the morning of Saturday, September 24th, I was up early and was outside by 6:00 AM. I went inside at 7:00 AM. Immediately, my phone rang and it was a friend telling me to look out the window, and did I see the rainbow? I went outside again, and there was a double rainbow in the sky. I had been outside for a solid hour before that, and was inside for less than a minute, and I saw absolutely no rain. (I didn't know until a few days later, but this was also the morning after a relative had passed, which made it all the more meaningful to me.)
When I got the call that Tag's ashes were ready to be picked up on Tuesday, September 27th, I dropped what I was doing and drove to the pet crematorium to collect him. It was around 2:00PM. On the way home, I kept thinking "wouldn't it be cool to see a rainbow right now?" I did not. I was a little bummed, but, I was just happy that his ashes were back home, safe and sound, in a beautifully hand-made wooden urn.
Later that night, I got on the website of our town's newspaper. On the front page was a photo of a huge, flawless double rainbow taken on Main street. I thought it was the one from September 24th that I had seen in my yard. I read the caption, and did a double take. The picture had been taken that day, September 27th, right around 2:00PM. That rainbow made an appearance as I was inside the crematorium, picking my boys ashes up. The crematorium sits right on the corner of Main street, so, I was literally under it as I was preparing to bring my boy back home. I didn't see it in person, but I now have a beautiful photo of it, and the knowledge that sometimes, amazing things are there even if we don't see them right away. I do not feel all of that was a coincidence, at all.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

This is what I have found about signs, some of them are very subtle and others kinda slap you in the face. Growing up, my father always told me that when you find a dime, it means that someone who has passed is sending their love. When the dog I grew up with had to be euthanized, I started finding dimes...and sometimes in places where I KNEW that dime should not be, like on a dresser I had just dusted. When my father, himself, passed, I found dimes EVERYWHERE, eventually over thirty of them. I still have all of those dimes, tucked away in my jewelry box. Sometimes there are butterflies, which are symbols of the soul and transformation. Sometimes you catch a glimpse of a familiar movement or shape. Sometimes you dream. Be patient, be open, and pay attention. Don't be quick to dismiss something as coincidence or imagination. Sit with it awhile first.