Have some of you received "signs"

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have, all three of them.

With Cindy, we had a mat with her dry food in our bedroom so she could eat it easier. She had colon cancer and lived almost 2 years after diagnosis with medication and chemo. We would be in bed, lights off, and I'd hear the sound she made when picking up the kibble off the mat. Not the same day, but the following evening, I heard that sound. My husband didn't, but she came back later and did it again for him.

For Swanie, he sent me a smell-o-gram. He has stomach problems and very smelly diarrhea. And he wouldn't cover. I used to say, Oh Swanie I wish you would cover, and get up to clean the box. The night following the night after he passed, I smelled it very strongly. We only had Cricket and she never had that problem. But I got up and looked in every litter box, and they were all clean.

Darcy was our FIP kitten who we lost way too young. With her, it was one month to the day she passed I had a dream of her. She was running and I was chasing after her because I was so afraid she was going to get hurt. Eventually, she ended up in an enclosure and I watched her get into a bed with a white adult cat. When I saw that, I knew she was okay.

My mom sent signs to all of us too after she passed, something that meant something to each of us.

I think my M-I-L sent a rainbow. We were leaving Walmart and it was not raining or bad weather, but there was a beautiful full rainbow across the sky. Husband said he felt it was from his mom.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The person I mentioned came in person but many will communicate via other methods. If you consider doing this, look around at your options, read reviews, and if you know anyone who had used a communicator and thought that they did a good job ask for the name. I attended another animal communication meeting with a different communicator at a vet clinic locally and the woman was terrible.
I'm not sure it's something that people do in Japan, it might be difficult to find. But if I have the occasion, I will try maybe...

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
castoretpollux castoretpollux I have. And some might be a coincidence, but in some cases I am absolutely certain it was a sign, and no one will ever change my mind.
My latest loss was a very special Papillon dog. I loved him with all my heart, and I still do. He passed away on September 15, 2022.
The day after he passed, I was outside and noticed there was a large, beautiful Monarch butterfly trapped inside the catio. I managed to capture this butterfly, and gently cupped him in my hands to take him out of the catio. When I opened my hands, the Monarch sat there for a moment, then flew away. I went inside, glanced at the clock. It was 7:00PM, and realized it was exactly 24 hours since my dog had passed that I set that butterfly free. What really got me is that Papillon dogs are sometimes called "Butterfly Dogs". For weeks, there were butterflies ALL OVER my yard. This was an extreme amount of them. Pretty awesome "coincidence" IMO.
One week later, on the morning of Saturday, September 24th, I was up early and was outside by 6:00 AM. I went inside at 7:00 AM. Immediately, my phone rang and it was a friend telling me to look out the window, and did I see the rainbow? I went outside again, and there was a double rainbow in the sky. I had been outside for a solid hour before that, and was inside for less than a minute, and I saw absolutely no rain. (I didn't know until a few days later, but this was also the morning after a relative had passed, which made it all the more meaningful to me.)
When I got the call that Tag's ashes were ready to be picked up on Tuesday, September 27th, I dropped what I was doing and drove to the pet crematorium to collect him. It was around 2:00PM. On the way home, I kept thinking "wouldn't it be cool to see a rainbow right now?" I did not. I was a little bummed, but, I was just happy that his ashes were back home, safe and sound, in a beautifully hand-made wooden urn.
Later that night, I got on the website of our town's newspaper. On the front page was a photo of a huge, flawless double rainbow taken on Main street. I thought it was the one from September 24th that I had seen in my yard. I read the caption, and did a double take. The picture had been taken that day, September 27th, right around 2:00PM. That rainbow made an appearance as I was inside the crematorium, picking my boys ashes up. The crematorium sits right on the corner of Main street, so, I was literally under it as I was preparing to bring my boy back home. I didn't see it in person, but I now have a beautiful photo of it, and the knowledge that sometimes, amazing things are there even if we don't see them right away. I do not feel all of that was a coincidence, at all.
Those are really beautiful stories !! Thank you for sharing. It will be one week this afternoon, maybe something like this will happen...

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sweet Friend, dream you deep. Your pawprints are on someone's heart forever.

This is what I have found about signs, some of them are very subtle and others kinda slap you in the face. Growing up, my father always told me that when you find a dime, it means that someone who has passed is sending their love. When the dog I grew up with had to be euthanized, I started finding dimes...and sometimes in places where I KNEW that dime should not be, like on a dresser I had just dusted. When my father, himself, passed, I found dimes EVERYWHERE, eventually over thirty of them. I still have all of those dimes, tucked away in my jewelry box. Sometimes there are butterflies, which are symbols of the soul and transformation. Sometimes you catch a glimpse of a familiar movement or shape. Sometimes you dream. Be patient, be open, and pay attention. Don't be quick to dismiss something as coincidence or imagination. Sit with it awhile first.
Yes I know about synchronicities. I found a coin a few weeks ago, in an unusual place, I don't remember where. I kept it.
Last Friday, it might be just a coincidence too, but it's very rare that I can get all the green lights from the grocery store to home. I crossed railways and just after me the trains came, and I thought I had been lucky. Then I had one green light, then 2, then I thought it would be weird to have more, and especially the last one is very hard to have, doesn't last long but the waiting is close to 2mn, and I had it too... It hasn't nothing to see with Cat, but still, it was weird.

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I have, all three of them.

With Cindy, we had a mat with her dry food in our bedroom so she could eat it easier. She had colon cancer and lived almost 2 years after diagnosis with medication and chemo. We would be in bed, lights off, and I'd hear the sound she made when picking up the kibble off the mat. Not the same day, but the following evening, I heard that sound. My husband didn't, but she came back later and did it again for him.

For Swanie, he sent me a smell-o-gram. He has stomach problems and very smelly diarrhea. And he wouldn't cover. I used to say, Oh Swanie I wish you would cover, and get up to clean the box. The night following the night after he passed, I smelled it very strongly. We only had Cricket and she never had that problem. But I got up and looked in every litter box, and they were all clean.

Darcy was our FIP kitten who we lost way too young. With her, it was one month to the day she passed I had a dream of her. She was running and I was chasing after her because I was so afraid she was going to get hurt. Eventually, she ended up in an enclosure and I watched her get into a bed with a white adult cat. When I saw that, I knew she was okay.

My mom sent signs to all of us too after she passed, something that meant something to each of us.

I think my M-I-L sent a rainbow. We were leaving Walmart and it was not raining or bad weather, but there was a beautiful full rainbow across the sky. Husband said he felt it was from his mom.
I wish I could hear things like this but at the same time I'm scared, so maybe my mind just blocks them...
When my grandma passed, my mum took her tape radio player. A few days later, the radio went on suddenly, and the song was "Relax", from FGTH, which was a thing grandma would say to my mum !
I should be less scared, but I don't know how to...

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I wish I could hear things like this but at the same time I'm scared, so maybe my mind just blocks them...
When my grandma passed, my mum took her tape radio player. A few days later, the radio went on suddenly, and the song was "Relax", from FGTH, which was a thing grandma would say to my mum !
Try to determine *exactly* what it is you are scared of. Fear is a funny emotion, a lot of it is based in "what if's" and "but maybe's".
That radio coming on with that song, well, I'd find it absolutely comforting. :hugs:

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Those are really beautiful stories !! Thank you for sharing. It will be one week this afternoon, maybe something like this will happen...
I have had people I loved with all my heart pass away, and rarely have I gotten signs. A few of my cats have passed away that I have not gotten signs from yet, but, I still watch and welcome it, IF it happens!
One of the strongest signs I've ever experienced happened 4 1/2 years after the person had passed. Like the situation with the rainbows and the butterflies, I firmly believe it was no coincidence.

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try to determine *exactly* what it is you are scared of. Fear is a funny emotion, a lot of it is based in "what if's" and "but maybe's".
That radio coming on with that song, well, I'd find it absolutely comforting. :hugs:
You know what ? This is a really good question...
And just like this I wouldn't know what to answer...
Maybe that what I believe in becomes real for real ?
Maybe that it's a whole new world / dimension we know nothing about, and what we don't know is scary ?
Maybe because of the loss of control ?
I've heard many stories like this in my mother's family, I'm a tarot reader (for fun, not professional), so I shouldn't be afraid, but I don't know...
Maybe I need a therapist, lol !

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My best friend just told me she had a vivid dream !
She saw him in an environment she doesn't know (she lives in France and me in Japan), in a city, and he was "telling" her that he was happy, he was with other cat friends. I told him last week that when he went, he could go with my other kittys, that they would be nice with him. My friend didn't see the "friends". My boy was thinner she said but feeling very well (he had lost a lot of weight).
Then he was not talking with words but she could understand he was sending a positive energy, love and thanks for us, and that he was very happy with his friends.
:caticon::happycat::angelcat::catlove::dizzycat:🐱

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There really is nothing to be scared about. It's just our loved ones letting us know they are alright. They aren't ghosts come to haunt us, just our loved ones letting us know they are okay.

CakesCats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We had to say goodbye to our oldest boy on Monday. My husband built him a box and we laid him to rest beneath two trees in our yard. It was quite the scene. I was terrified they wouldn’t get him buried deep enough and something would get to him so my husband, father in law and brother in law got out the skidsteer and backhoe and dug a hole big enough that I could’ve fit in it. On Tuesday my husband and I walked out to Peteys graveside and there on the ground was a black feather(Petey was a black cat). I told my husband “I wonder what finding a feather means?” So I googled it. The first website I looked at said this:
“You may feel alone or hopeless against your dire situation. The discovery of a black feather in the house or on the ground suggests you're not alone. An angel watches over you, encouraging you to move forward - to hold on. In some cases, the feather could be a symbol that a lost loved one is still looking in on you, offering you protection to help you stay strong.” I was not one to believe much in signs, but we both cried when I read that and it truly brought us some comfort. I placed it in with Peteys paw imprints and know that it wasn’t a coincidence that I found that feather that day in that spot.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We had to say goodbye to our oldest boy on Monday. My husband built him a box and we laid him to rest beneath two trees in our yard. It was quite the scene. I was terrified they wouldn’t get him buried deep enough and something would get to him so my husband, father in law and brother in law got out the skidsteer and backhoe and dug a hole big enough that I could’ve fit in it. On Tuesday my husband and I walked out to Peteys graveside and there on the ground was a black feather(Petey was a black cat). I told my husband “I wonder what finding a feather means?” So I googled it. The first website I looked at said this:
“You may feel alone or hopeless against your dire situation. The discovery of a black feather in the house or on the ground suggests you're not alone. An angel watches over you, encouraging you to move forward - to hold on. In some cases, the feather could be a symbol that a lost loved one is still looking in on you, offering you protection to help you stay strong.” I was not one to believe much in signs, but we both cried when I read that and it truly brought us some comfort. I placed it in with Peteys paw imprints and know that it wasn’t a coincidence that I found that feather that day in that spot.
Love this... ❤. That's amazing!!!

StephMo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry this is lengthy. I'm chatty and type super fast (a horrible combination! :hyper:) but have two signs.

I said goodbye to my soul-buddy Mouse almost one year ago, on July 18th last year. We were attached at the hip and finished each other's sentences... I believe I've had two 'signs' spaced about 10 months apart which were supernaturally-influenced.

As Mouse was being put to sleep I whispered in his ear to wait for me on the green stripe of the rainbow bridge ready to play fetch with his foam golf ball. I also asked him to visit me in the form of butterflies. No one except my vet knew I asked him these things. For a few months after he passed, I also asked God to let Mouse "have some input" in the selection of which kitty soul entered my life next. (that sounds silly, but nonetheless I asked for it) My only "future kitty" parameters were: it needed to be a very young kitten that found me when God knew I was ready, not one that I went and found myself and made a human decision as far as timing, and one that Mouse knew would be a good fit for what I needed in a kitty companion. (super affectionate, big boisterous personality, funny)

Sign #1: The day after Mouse went to sleep, I walked into my office to find a bouquet of flowers and a card from my coworkers. The card was one of those blank-inside ones where people can write what they want, but the cover of the card was beautiful - it was covered in bright, colorful butterflies. I went to the lady that had picked out the card and asked her how many there were to choose from and she said "oh, tons of pretty ones - I just was drawn to this". I burst into tears. I've not had random butterfly encounters since.

Sign #2: Fast forward to May 31st after about 10 months of the worst grief. As I was getting ready for work that morning I was talking to myself (not uncommon - I live alone) and trying to verbalize for the first time the new stage I grief I was relieved to be at: the stage where you start to feel guilty for not waking up depressed. The worst stages of grief had been lifted like removing a heavy, wet blanket from my shoulders and I had to verbalize to myself that I was indeed, finally, moving on.....even telling Mouse out loud that I still loved him even though I wasn't crying anymore. It was a pretty emotional morning. Well, I get to work this very day and a couple hours later, a coworker comes into my office with his Facebook pulled up. He said he'd been deliberating telling me for over a week bc he didn't want to upset me. A friend of his had kittens she was giving away. He said "this morning I just couldn't keep my mouth shut about it anymore". Even more weird, the lady lived only 1.3 miles from my house and I'm in a fairly rural-ish area. What are the odds re: timing and location. That night I went to 'interview' them (a boy and a girl) and the little boy came right up to me and just would NOT leave me alone. Two days later he came home. Eventually I named him Moose. So far, at only 11 weeks old, Moose is doing so many of the funny things Mouse did that my head is spinning. Just like Mouse, he: lays on my chest when I'm using my total gym exercise machine, sits between my feet pawing up at the counter when I'm cooking, will sit or stand quietly when getting a bath, will fetch/retrieve small balls, engages in tug-o-war, wants to play with the vacuum cleaner while it's running, and is showing signs he might actually become more affectionate than Mouse. :hearthrob: It's heartwarming to experience and feels like Mouse is giving me 'permission' to love another just as much as I loved him, but also God's way of letting me know it was time to let go of the past and take the step into the next chapter.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry this is lengthy. I'm chatty and type super fast (a horrible combination! :hyper:) but have two signs.

I said goodbye to my soul-buddy Mouse almost one year ago, on July 18th last year. We were attached at the hip and finished each other's sentences... I believe I've had two 'signs' spaced about 10 months apart which were supernaturally-influenced.

As Mouse was being put to sleep I whispered in his ear to wait for me on the green stripe of the rainbow bridge ready to play fetch with his foam golf ball. I also asked him to visit me in the form of butterflies. No one except my vet knew I asked him these things. For a few months after he passed, I also asked God to let Mouse "have some input" in the selection of which kitty soul entered my life next. (that sounds silly, but nonetheless I asked for it) My only "future kitty" parameters were: it needed to be a very young kitten that found me when God knew I was ready, not one that I went and found myself and made a human decision as far as timing, and one that Mouse knew would be a good fit for what I needed in a kitty companion. (super affectionate, big boisterous personality, funny)

Sign #1: The day after Mouse went to sleep, I walked into my office to find a bouquet of flowers and a card from my coworkers. The card was one of those blank-inside ones where people can write what they want, but the cover of the card was beautiful - it was covered in bright, colorful butterflies. I went to the lady that had picked out the card and asked her how many there were to choose from and she said "oh, tons of pretty ones - I just was drawn to this". I burst into tears. I've not had random butterfly encounters since.

Sign #2: Fast forward to May 31st after about 10 months of the worst grief. As I was getting ready for work that morning I was talking to myself (not uncommon - I live alone) and trying to verbalize for the first time the new stage I grief I was relieved to be at: the stage where you start to feel guilty for not waking up depressed. The worst stages of grief had been lifted like removing a heavy, wet blanket from my shoulders and I had to verbalize to myself that I was indeed, finally, moving on.....even telling Mouse out loud that I still loved him even though I wasn't crying anymore. It was a pretty emotional morning. Well, I get to work this very day and a couple hours later, a coworker comes into my office with his Facebook pulled up. He said he'd been deliberating telling me for over a week bc he didn't want to upset me. A friend of his had kittens she was giving away. He said "this morning I just couldn't keep my mouth shut about it anymore". Even more weird, the lady lived only 1.3 miles from my house and I'm in a fairly rural-ish area. What are the odds re: timing and location. That night I went to 'interview' them (a boy and a girl) and the little boy came right up to me and just would NOT leave me alone. Two days later he came home. Eventually I named him Moose. So far, at only 11 weeks old, Moose is doing so many of the funny things Mouse did that my head is spinning. Just like Mouse, he: lays on my chest when I'm using my total gym exercise machine, sits between my feet pawing up at the counter when I'm cooking, will sit or stand quietly when getting a bath, will fetch/retrieve small balls, engages in tug-o-war, wants to play with the vacuum cleaner while it's running, and is showing signs he might actually become more affectionate than Mouse. :hearthrob: It's heartwarming to experience and feels like Mouse is giving me 'permission' to love another just as much as I loved him, but also God's way of letting me know it was time to let go of the past and take the step into the next chapter.
This is beautiful! I'm so glad Moose is helping you, and I think Mouse would be incredibly happy to know you aren't spending your life depressed. That stage of grief you described is so relatable. I have literally felt guilty several times feeling happy even though my Tag is gone, but I keep reminding myself that had I passed instead, and he was still living with a new family, I would want him to be happy. ❤ Thank you for sharing your story!!

CoffeyCats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have with some years ago not so much with more recent ones passed. Inky came back and got on my bed some say it was a dream but her fur sure felt real and she looked healthy again. The next day I was telling Cricket, my dog who was Ink's shadow and had no clue she wasn't a cat too, about Inky and as soon as I said her name Crick jumped up started dancing and pawing at me her tongue was hanging out of a lopsided grin like "I know mom she visited me too." Then she ate her food which she hadn't had much of an appetite for since Inky had passed.
I was building Speckles coffin when I heard that little blurrp noise only she made.
Misha slammed the back door after I put the last shovel of dirt on her grave.
I felt Omega's paw long after he was gone.
The flameless candle I used at Addy's funeral came back on after it was turned off after the service.
But probably the most powerful message from beyond was not one of mine but my mom's. She planted a sweet surrender rose bush on her poodle's grave and took a picture when it first bloomed. Lady Puddin's face was in the rose plain as day.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have with some years ago not so much with more recent ones passed. Inky came back and got on my bed some say it was a dream but her fur sure felt real and she looked healthy again. The next day I was telling Cricket, my dog who was Ink's shadow and had no clue she wasn't a cat too, about Inky and as soon as I said her name Crick jumped up started dancing and pawing at me her tongue was hanging out of a lopsided grin like "I know mom she visited me too." Then she ate her food which she hadn't had much of an appetite for since Inky had passed.
I was building Speckles coffin when I heard that little blurrp noise only she made.
Misha slammed the back door after I put the last shovel of dirt on her grave.
I felt Omega's paw long after he was gone.
The flameless candle I used at Addy's funeral came back on after it was turned off after the service.
But probably the most powerful message from beyond was not one of mine but my mom's. She planted a sweet surrender rose bush on her poodle's grave and took a picture when it first bloomed. Lady Puddin's face was in the rose plain as day.
These are wonderful. :)
I have a flame less candle next to the urns that are on a timer. Right around April Fools Day, it stayed on twice as long as the timer. It had never malfunctioned before, or since, and I like to think it was them saying "haha, we got you this year, Mom!"
The rose story is amazing!! Some of these stories are just so awesome!

castoretpollux

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your beautiful stories !
As I told you, I told my boy to go to my other cats when he's there (since he didn't know any other cats, except his mom maybe, but I doubt he remembers her).
My best friend saw him in her dream, as I said before. He was with friends (but she didn't see them).
This morning, my daughter said she saw him in a dream. It was him, and then he "transformed" into a black and white long hair cat.
I asked her to draw this cat, and then I showed her pics from the net.
I think she saw my Jedi. She was black and white with long hair, and I told my boy to go to her. I guess it means he's with her and the others now :)
(my daughter has never seen pics of my Jedi since it was a very long time ago)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks for your beautiful stories !
As I told you, I told my boy to go to my other cats when he's there (since he didn't know any other cats, except his mom maybe, but I doubt he remembers her).
My best friend saw him in her dream, as I said before. He was with friends (but she didn't see them).
This morning, my daughter said she saw him in a dream. It was him, and then he "transformed" into a black and white long hair cat.
I asked her to draw this cat, and then I showed her pics from the net.
I think she saw my Jedi. She was black and white with long hair, and I told my boy to go to her. I guess it means he's with her and the others now :)
(my daughter has never seen pics of my Jedi since it was a very long time ago)
This is awesome!! Your daughter must have a sixth sense!