Harness Recommendation

ck2d

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has a broken leg (long story - he was shot - for real) and his doctor has said to take him for walks to help him strengthen his leg. Obviously he needs to wear a harness when we go on walks. Do you have any recommendations on one I should get? He's short haired and a healthy weight so I'm afraid he'll squirm out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry your cat was shot!!!!!! (who shot him with what and why?) :sickcat: I hope your poor kitty has a speedy recovery.

I have a harness squirmer who can only do it when the leash gets caught on something and he wiggles just right. He has wiggled out of every type of harness! The kitty holster seems to work the best and he can not wiggle loose when I am walking him (just when he is leashed to my chair in my ‘yard’)

I suggest taking a measuring tape and measuring your cat’s neck and chest to get his size.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ck2d

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
You could talk to Petco or PetSmart and see if they will help size a harness to him, I read about a TCS member who was able to do that:)
Thank you for the suggestion!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ck2d

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m so sorry your cat was shot!!!!!! (who shot him with what and why?) :sickcat: I hope your poor kitty has a speedy recovery.

I have a harness squirmer who can only do it when the leash gets caught on something and he wiggles just right. He has wiggled out of every type of harness! The kitty holster seems to work the best and he can not wiggle loose when I am walking him (just when he is leashed to my chair in my ‘yard’)

I suggest taking a measuring tape and measuring your cat’s neck and chest to get his size.
Thank you for the suggestion!
The police have an open case trying to find who shot him. I've done all kinds of publicity and set up a site where people can get updates on his progress. It's been suggested I post about it in the SOS section, so I will. Thank you

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Demi got out of the Kitty Holster and was gone for 2 days in the woods. I recommend the Come With Me Kitty Harness.