Hampton the feral cat returns after 8 months of being gone

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yay! Good for you!

I've got a Sadie too.

Looking forward to seeing some pictures of your new girl when she's feeling a bit better and bolder.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sadie's one lucky little girl to get to stay with you
Thanks.  I just wish she felt better.  She is a bit more bright eyed today, but still having to syringe feed her.  I have never done this before so I have no idea how long I should do it.  I keep trying to get her to eat on her own, but no luck.  She loves the food and is very compliant with the syringe.  She can't wait for the next bite.  I tried having her lick it off a spoon and she took maybe one lick. 

It looks like it's back to the vet tomorrow.

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor boo-boo.  I've never had to syringe feed but it must be time consuming, not to mention nerve-racking.  Thank goodness she found you!

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sadie has taken a turn for the worse.  I am not sure she is going to make it.  Yesterday she slept most of the day.  This was good since she had paced for 20 hours.  Yet she ate at least a can of wet food on her own.  Yet she seemed very tired and she had problems lifting her head.  I left her food overnight as she has been eating during the night as well.  When I went in this morning, she hadn't touched the food.  She could hardly move.  She falls over, can't hold her head up and refuses to eat.  I did hear a few sneezes again.  I hold onto an ounce of hope that her infection is not cleared up.  We stopped antibiotics on Monday night since she was so much better and it was thought to cause her some digestive upset.  Now she is the worst she has been.  THe vet doesn't open for another 90 minutes.  I am so scared she is going to die.  I just keep crying.  I am not sure I can save her.  Please send good thoughts to Sadie. 

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with Sadie and you. God please give the vet wisdom and please let this cat live.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all.  I dropped Sadie off at the vet.  She doesn't have a fever, but something is majorly wrong with her tail.  She is in terrible pain.  It may be why she doesn't have the strength to hold her head up as well as the reason she is not using the litter box.  They are going to do blood work and an x ray.  Also will look at anal glands as she was quite uncomfortable at the back end.  I am more hopeful.  I will keep everyone updated.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad she didn't need to be euthanized, and that things are looking hopeful! Maybe she has a broken tail which will heal in time. Hopefully they will send her home with some pain medication. That poor little baby has been through so much. If you hadn't rescued her, she'd be going through this all alone in the streets.  

tails up

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope little Sadie recuperates quickly and has the chance to be the princess of the house. I feel your pain...my "pinky" was severely injured on our wedding day (2/14/15) and we thought we were going to lose her. Instead of preparing for the ceremony I was at the vet for emergency services. We dont know if she possibly was hit by a car or if a statue fell on her in the yard. (We found it turned over 2 days later and she never goes near the road) She made it and is blind in her right eye, and her separated nasal cavity and upper jaw are 90% healed. We too had to syringe feed. I pray you are as lucky as we are and your furry baby comes home ASAP. Has the vet given any updates yet?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, hope poor little Sadie gets better soon!

On the original topic, just recently I saw one of my ferals that I haven't seen since last April. Now maybe I just wasn't outside when she came around, because I just leave food out, not on a schedule, but I've seen her every night this week so it would be weird if I missed seeing her for that long. And I didn't see the male all winter, and now he suns himself on the driveway for hours. Someone was eating the food so I figured he was still around, but it's odd that he could make himself so invisible. Ah cats. They like to mess with our heads :D.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww, hope poor little Sadie gets better soon!

On the original topic, just recently I saw one of my ferals that I haven't seen since last April. Now maybe I just wasn't outside when she came around, because I just leave food out, not on a schedule, but I've seen her every night this week so it would be weird if I missed seeing her for that long. And I didn't see the male all winter, and now he suns himself on the driveway for hours. Someone was eating the food so I figured he was still around, but it's odd that he could make himself so invisible. Ah cats. They like to mess with our heads
Wow.  Seeing one after a year.  That is amazing.  I wish they had gps trackers in them so we could know where they have been.  Someone must be caring for them.  They certainly do like to mess with our heads!!  Glad you are seeing yours again too.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The vet called.  Sadie has a bone out of place at the base of her tail.  The vet says it appears someone flung her by her tail.  This explains her wobbly gait, lowered head and possibly the litter box issues.  She also had impacted anal glands which may be because of the tail pain.  She is in a lot of pain.  Her throat is also red and raw from the respiratory virus.  Her blood work came back normal!!!  She is receiving a laser treatment for the inflammation and pain meds.  She is still at the vet as they wanted to keep an eye on her for a bit and see how she responded to the pain meds. 

It has been a rough week.  I hope she chooses to live and get stronger. 

Thank you all for your thoughts.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hope little Sadie recuperates quickly and has the chance to be the princess of the house. I feel your pain...my "pinky" was severely injured on our wedding day (2/14/15) and we thought we were going to lose her. Instead of preparing for the ceremony I was at the vet for emergency services. We dont know if she possibly was hit by a car or if a statue fell on her in the yard. (We found it turned over 2 days later and she never goes near the road) She made it and is blind in her right eye, and her separated nasal cavity and upper jaw are 90% healed. We too had to syringe feed. I pray you are as lucky as we are and your furry baby comes home ASAP. Has the vet given any updates yet?
Poor Pinky.  I am glad she is doing better.  I posted an update above.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow. I just read through this thread. I'm so glad you had two boys return to say hello. :heart2:

You've got a lot of vibes coming for your sweet Sadie girl. :vibes::vibes:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sadie is home from the vet.  She is doing a bit better.  They have her on pain medication that is helping.  Since she has been with me, she has never sat on her bottom.  This may be because of her tail injury or the impacted anal glands.  She is sitting a bit tonight. 

I am still waiting on blood chemistry profile and a heartworm and heart muscle test.  It will be back tomorrow. 

I am more hopeful tonight.  She is eating a bit and is happy to be home.

Thank you for all of your concerns and well wishes.