Hampton the feral cat returns after 8 months of being gone

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I am glad your kitty made his way home, he never forgot. I am also glad @ShadowsRescue  that your kitty  is doing well. I hope she makes a full and healthy recovery.

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sickening how cruel people cann be-flinging the cat by the tail. She was likely injured and tossed outside afterwatds. Poor sweet little princess kitty. I'm so glad you rescued her. She will love you forever.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor little girl! But at least it's something that can heal. I was really worried about her when I read yesterday's post on how sick she was.

Hope her pain meds give her some relief and she's feeling better soon.

Hope who ever hurt her gets bitten on the butt by karma.

tails up

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just can't comprehend how a person could ever hurt any animal like that. It hurts my heart so much to think about the way some animals are treated. Poor Sadie, I hope she continues to recover quickly and painlessly.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's sad that I'm not surprised by the torture of animals. I hope whoever caused Sadie's injuries pays for it somehow. How's she doing today?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It makes me so sad and  I have spent a lot of time crying about what must have happened to poor Sadie.  She is a bit better.  The pain medicine is definitely making her feel better.  Her appetite is not great, but she is eating a bit.  We saw her briefly sit on her bottom last night and this morning.  She is still wobbly too.  She is no where near as bad as yesterday.  She is moving around and resting too.  I may have to take her back today or tomorrow for a laser treatment.  The vet is to call this morning.  No poop since Wed and no pee since yesterday morning.  Hoping that will start up again too. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So glad she's improved...even if it is only a little. Try not to focus on the horrors she's endured up till now. Instead, think of the life of luxury she'll have with you :hugs:

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We just cannot catch a break.  She is horrible again.  I was gone for a few hours and came home to check on her.  She can hardly move and kept falling over.  I held her in my lap for 30 minutes or so and then had to go.  She growled when I picked her up.  I placed her on a heat pad almost 2 hours ago.  She has not moved at all.  She can barely lift her head and her back end doesn't want to move.  We go back to the vet at 1.  This is not looking good.  I have no idea what happened.  More tears.  Please hang on Sadie girl.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

We just cannot catch a break.  She is horrible again.  I was gone for a few hours and came home to check on her.  She can hardly move and kept falling over.  I held her in my lap for 30 minutes or so and then had to go.  She growled when I picked her up.  I placed her on a heat pad almost 2 hours ago.  She has not moved at all.  She can barely lift her head and her back end doesn't want to move.  We go back to the vet at 1.  This is not looking good.  I have no idea what happened.  More tears.  Please hang on Sadie girl.
I'm so sorry to hear that. Come on Sadie!! Hang in there baby!! 

I really hope that karma comes back and bites whoever did this to her right square in the behind. 

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sadie, keep fighting. You are in good hands now. Despite the cruelty some person has done to you, there are many people reading your story who love you and want to you heal and live a long, happy life.  I hope that your little spirit can feel the outpouring of care sent to you.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We are home.  She is in so much pain.  More x rays which revealed stenonis in the neck.  This is most likely from an old injury or has come one with age.  Then the broken bone at the base of her tail and then we discovered mineralizations in her lungs.  This could be from long term steroid from lots of URI or she could just have chronic URI.  The x rays are being sent to a radiologist for review.  She is not exhibiting signs such as coughing or wheezing, but it was just discovered.  The biggest hurdle is the broken tail and stenosis of the neck.  She was yowling in pain at the vet.  She was given strong pain meds and will be restricted to a cage at least during the night. 

The neck issue will never be resolved.  It can be controlled through pain meds and she can get the laser treatments.  This is costing a fortune.  The laser treatments are not cheap, but I want to give them a try to see if she can get some relief. 

I want to look forward to getting to know her.  She is so sweet, but in so much pain.  Hopefully the weekend will be calm.

Once again thank you all for you thoughts, care and concern.  I so appreciate it.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor, poor baby. :hugs: to you both. At least you have a clearer picture of what's going on with her now. Really hope laser and pain meds work for little Sadie, and that the bits that can heal do so quickly. It might be worth looking into acupuncture as another pain management option for her. I've seen that work really well for animals. Might be cheaper than laser too.

I can't keep from worrying about her myself. Huge hugs and mega vibes for you both, and for her quick healing.
:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Sadie. @Columbine is right about acupuncture. It's good for so many things that people don't think about. Setting up a page for her on a crowd funding site like gofundme to help offset her medical expenses is a good idea, too. Someone put this little girl through hell. People will respond to that. People may have more sympathy for dogs in general but nobody likes to see an innocent animal suffer like this poor baby is. 

Lots more love, hugs and vibes go out to you, sweet Sadie. I hope you recover as much as possible as quickly as possible. You're in very good hands. 

• Purraise
Reactions: ldg

msaimee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is the vet hopeful that once the broken tail heals, her pain in that area will be resolved?   

Two summers ago, I almost lost Mia, the feral I took into my home. When I trapped her, she had a bad reaction to the anesthesia during her spay surgery and suffered temporary kidney and liver failure. The vet tech ear-tipped her without my permission and accidentally chopped off a third of her ear. Then she got an infection from the surgery and stopped eating, and I had to feed her with a syringe for several days. Then the vet x-rayed her and found a bullet from a firearm lodged in her pelvis. Several months prior, someone had shot her. The bullet broke her leg, and the leg healed, but it healed crooked, so she's a bit lame.  My feral, Muffin (her father), started bringing her to his food bowl on my porch, and that's how I rescued her. While I was nursing her back to health and thought I was going to lose her, I kept looking into her sad eyes and promised that if she pulled through, she'd never be hungry, cold, or harmed again. I really think she understood, because she pulled through. I share this story with you to encourage you that despite the awful life Sadie has had and the pain she is now enduring, she can pull through it because now  she has a reason to live. She knows she is loved and in a safe place. I hope she finds the strength to endure this painful period and make a full recovery. You're such an angel for taking such good care of her.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, poor little darling. She's been through so much. At least she must be feeling a bit more comfortable now, indoors in the warm with some medication for her pain.

Thank you for all you are doing for her @ShadowsRescue  I'm so glad that someone gave her a second chance.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not much progress.  She slept peacefully in the crate all night.  She peed just a tiny bit.  No poop since Wednesday.  Ugh.  We are back to syringe feedings and she is not eating much.  All she wants is the AD food from the vet.  So back I go this morning to get more.  She is still very very weak and wobbly.  The pain meds help as she isn't growling or hissing at us.  Yet I can't explain the no eating.  I guess it could be the pain meds, but it could be she just doesn't feel well. 

She is trying to fight the best she can.  Keep the good thoughts coming.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little girl. I hope she picks up a bit soon. Keep fighting Sadie. We're all rooting for you.

:hugs: shadowsrescue shadowsrescue I can only imagine how tough this is on you. You're both continually in my thoughts.