Guys my new feral could use your prayers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
SHE JUST ATE!!! She also tried to eat my hand, but she ate some baby food just now, almost the whole jar. I was so grateful to see that she was eating- I was so worried for her. I used a plastic spoon to get the food to her mouth and she mangled the spoon - thinking it was one of my fingers probably.
I will give her this, she is quick when she strikes out, but thank God, at least she ate!! Thanks for the prayers everyone!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I guess now it's mainly a question of time MA... and she has the best person in the world to work with her!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have ended up ditching the pills- to stressful and am using the paste (liver flavored) ugh...I mix it with her food and kind of spoon feed her the stuff. She is really quiet today, but she did eat earlier, and when I went to pet her, she hissed (her trademark) but she did let me touch the top of her head and I also was able to examine her incision to see if there is a problem which there isn't. But as I had to scruff her (which I hate to do) she is back in her box now growling at me once again....one step forward, three steps back.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just like a feral she just rewarded me with a three second purr..
It is the first time she has purred since being here. I was sitting on the floor reading to her when she came out from under the chair, let me pet her head, gave me her quick purr then went over to eat. She is such a funny duck!

a_loveless_gem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just read the thread.
I'm glad that Whisp managed to pull through and has started to eat.

Sending lots of positive energy your way.

williewz

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a fighter! Any chance we'll get to see what this paragon of catitude looks like?

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As soon as I finish the roll of film, I will post pics. This morning Ms. Hiss allowed me to scratch under her chin and purred for me again!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I finally decided to listen to her, and released her this morning on our land. When I went back outside later on, she was all stretched out in the hay loft, so I crawled up the ladder and extended my hand, and she licked me and purred and head-bumped me. She was thanking me for her freedom.
I have 4 feral feeding stations and plenty of places she can get in out of the weather, we have beds under the house and in the carport so she has a whole bunch of hidey holes.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just an update- Whisp is sleeping on the back porch in one of the carriers. I can get close to her, but Mike cannot. She is healthy and happy and doing well.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Hissy! I feel so rotten for not seeing this thread way back when you first posted it and needed our prayers!!!
I don't get much time to do anything but check threads in the lounge anymore, so I rarely get to visit the other forums here...I need to make a definite effort to do that more!!! I am so sorry to hear about Whisp losing the babies!!!!!! I am sorry I am too late to add my prayers. I am glad to hear she wis doing well now, though.....give her a little hug from me....you are such an
Hissy!!!!!!!!!!!