green discharge in heavily pregnant queen help please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We went to sleep with the 3boys she had. Woke up to find a girl crusty quite cold not in the huddle and very weak gave her formula and a heat bottle but don't know if she'll make it

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She lets the boys feed but is worryingly rough with them sometimes. Not sure shes helping them to toilet though

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Last kitten born is half the size and weight of the rest she was born about 8/9am. She now looks as if she stops breathing until you rub her and tossher around. How can I keep her alive please help. Weve kept her warm and syringe feeding her

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi im no expert and sry if I'm wrong but I think your doing your best keeping her warm and feeding her , try encourage mom to comfort her and put them with the other kitties , keep it up and let nature take its course even though it can be cruel sometimes your doing the best you can

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your reply mum has no interest in her and emmy (the runt) isnt strong enough to try and suckle on mum or anything so im trying to keep her body going by nudging her and rubbing her every minute or so, so she doesnt give uo.. im so emotional its ridiculous

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know how stressful it is and can only imagine how upsetting , maybe mom cat knows something you don't , how are the others ? Is she nursing them and cleaning them a lot ?

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She didnt for hours we had to feed them all and she attacked the first born. They seem fine now but this one is just to weak and custard doesnt show enough interest for meto be comfortable putting emmy with her. She wont lick her or anything

Last edited by a moderator:

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww how sad , is mom cat young? It's new to her and she's probably scared and all confused hopefully she will settle down in a few days and I don't think there's anything more you can do for the poorly kitten Than what your doing already

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She isn't being rough ( I don't think ) she's just cleaning them and stimulating them to there business . You'll find she will lye on them aswell don't worry just gentle move them from under her .

Last edited by a moderator:

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No the vet adviced us to not even yry giving them back to her but we did with the other 3, she attacked the baby in the vet (her first one) and both his feet were bleeding

flow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Like I said she's probably very stressed out and confused , is she in a quiet room where she can't be disturbed and mabe make it so its dim light in there ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
C custardsmummy

Please put honey on the girl kitten's gums for energy, then syringe feed her 1 mL every single hour. She should perk up. Make sure she is warm when you feed her. The goal is to get her strong enough to be able to nurse from mom. Keep her with the litter except to feed her each hour.

If mom is not cleaning the boys, do it for her with a warm, damp cloth.

Moms sometimes take 24-48 hours to settle down fully after having kittens. She should become a better mom soon.

Is she staying in the nest with them except to eat, drink, and use her litter box? Are those nearby?

All of the kittens are beautiful!

Last edited:

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The boys are doing great emmy not so good. Im going to buy a teat to place on the syringe for her to help her get it, shes pooing a lot for such a small baby. Shes only 25grams ish.. half the size of her brothers. Her poo is sticky/gooey nd yellow sI that normal I only have syrup?

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No I have royal canin kitten milk.. when you said give her honey I dont have any just a jar of syrup if thatll do any good?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
C custardsmummy

Oh, yes, use the syrup!

It does not sound like she is strong enough to suckle. That's why you are using a syringe. You put the syringe in the SIDE of her mouth and squeeze drops in slowly. Let her swallow and breathe, but keep going until she gets the full 1 mL. If she'll take more, give her more.

Once she's strong enough to suckle, she can nurse mom. That could be hours or days from now, but the sooner the better because she needs feeding every hour.

Royal canin powder is excellent.

Last edited:

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The vet gave me a syringe as they had no bottles but they said to get one. Erm how do I give syrup its so sticky?..