green discharge in heavily pregnant queen help please

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her tiny littlebody is giving up, she suffocates almost when her tongue comes out. I left her to get a nappy for my son I was 30seconds she was stiff with her tongue right out completely no life in her, I bought her back around .. shes extremely restless and weak. She cant settle it seems shes trying to curl up to pass as often as every 90seconds but I move/rub her to prevent her from leaving but I think im delaying the inevitable. I hope shes not in pain

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Emmy has passed at the vets after having stimulant injection and oxygen :( thankyou for everybodys help through this. Mum and other 3 are okay x

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So sorry to see this.  Rest in Peace sweet little Emmy. 

Glad Mum and the other kittens are doing well.  Take care of yourself @CustardsMummy  You did everything you could for little Emmy.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. You did everything you could. It is always an uphill battle with underweight kittens.

Keep us posted on mom and the other three.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm sorry to hear that Emmy lost the fight. She's no longer in pain. You did a great job with her.

How are mom and the other three doing now?

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Theyre okay first born in smaller but shes ok all feeding and pooing weeing (thought was a boy but shes not)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad all are doing well! Are you able to weigh them every 24 hours to make sure they are all getting enough from mom?

And I forget, do you know how she got pregnant? Did she get outside? Or do you own dad?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good to hear that the others and mom are doing well. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm, so my kittens started to open their eyes at the early age of 8days.. one girl opened them both fully at ten days.. but at 12 days old one of her eyes shut again and it only open a tiny bit now.. is that a normal occurrence for them to open and then glue shut again.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hmm, so my kittens started to open their eyes at the early age of 8days.. one girl opened them both fully at ten days.. but at 12 days old one of her eyes shut again and it only open a tiny bit now.. is that a normal occurrence for them to open and then glue shut again.
As much is indivudual, so I suppose this is too individual.  Esp as it was a late one.  But there is a risk of infections, that is what you must watch out for...

If you notice any traces of infection, its safest to contact your vet.

You can lay on a warm and damp "cushion" an the eye, but dont try to pry it open by force.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, this is not normal. I highly suspect that she needs an antibiotic ointment from the vet. As mentioned above, use a warm compress over the eye and don't allow it to stay closed but never pull it open.

custardsmummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our vets has an offer on.. for people on benefits its just 10pounds so no we don't but thankyou.. is difficult birth genetic?. As I dobt know weather or not to get her daughter spayed if its hereditary

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our vets has an offer on.. for people on benefits its just 10pounds so no we don't but thankyou.. is difficult birth genetic?. As I dobt know weather or not to get her daughter spayed if its hereditary
I believe that it could be, yes.  I also think it's especially important to spay and neuter if it's difficult to afford vet bills in case of emergency.  That isn't a judgement, and it can happen to anyone, but it's a huge risk to take.  Litters are EXPENSIVE and can be deadly for mom and babies.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree that spaying her daughter is the best way to avoid future issues and possible heartbreak. She needs to be at least 2 pounds though.

I'm so glad they are doing well! [emoji]128522[/emoji]