Got the Tidy cats Breeze and love it!

chadsgirl374

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought the Tidycat Breeze yesturday and I had my doubts whether Sunny would use it or not. My first concern was that there were not many pellets and Sunny is a digger. He previously had a covered box and he usually slung all of the litter to one side.

When I was setting it up yesturday afternoon he immediately got in and begain digging and attempting to eat the pellets. Once he got that out of his system, I put it in the bathroom where his other box once sat. Sunny is an anything-goes kind of cat so I decided to try the system without doing the new pellets on the old trick. It took a couple of hours but within that time he took a pee! Overnight he used it again to take a poop and this am while I was in the bathroom, he took another pee. I gotta tell you, I haven't scooped his box as of yet, but there is absolutely no odor!

Incidently, for those of you who haven't tried it, or those of you with multiples, I have a coupon that came inside the box for
$5.00 off the system. If any of you want the coupon I can mail it to you. Just pm me and I'll drop it in the mail.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After about a week we're taking ours down. Lola keeps desperately trying to bury where the pee pad is saturated.
I think it's a nice idea, but not working for us. I'm cleaning it up then going to try and sell it used. We still have 2 pads, the coupons, and an almost full bag of pellets.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's the first I've heard of cats who don't like the presence of the urine pad. We had a behavior expert who was worried about the breeze for that reason, but I hadn't heard of anyone who'd had that problem in person.

Does Lola not like non-clumping litter or Feline Pine either?

I think this suggests that if you have a cat who insists on having a box clean of urine, the breeze is not for your cat.

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Enuja

Wow, that's the first I've heard of cats who don't like the presence of the urine pad. We had a behavior expert who was worried about the breeze for that reason, but I hadn't heard of anyone who'd had that problem in person.

Does Lola not like non-clumping litter or Feline Pine either?

I think this suggests that if you have a cat who insists on having a box clean of urine, the breeze is not for your cat.
She's not a huge fan of non-clumping litter but will use it. We tried Yesterday's News Unscented, and for 3 days (long story, but I had to change the boxes, then again in 3 days) used a non clumping clay (Tidy Cats standard clay). The rest of the time we've used clay scooping litter since she arrived in August. She is very fastidious and will bury the guys' waste under a monstrous pile of litter.
I can always tell when she's been in there, there's a mountain on one half of the box and nothing in the other.

I can't believe it, but I think she's even more picky than Raven
was about the box. I never thought that could even be possible.

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

After about a week we're taking ours down. Lola keeps desperately trying to bury where the pee pad is saturated.
I think it's a nice idea, but not working for us. I'm cleaning it up then going to try and sell it used. We still have 2 pads, the coupons, and an almost full bag of pellets.
Oh that stinks. My guys will 'bury' outside of the box after they pee; they'll scratch at the litter a bit, and then jump out and scratch the floor around the box. But it never lasts more than, 10secs. maybe?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've read through this thread with much interest! I have a question that I didn't see addressed completely. I have two CRF cats. Cleo has gigantic pee balls (probably 1/2 cup of urine or more!!!) and Maggie has slightly smaller 1/4 to 1/3 cup. Lola's are normal (about the size of a walnut.) Do you think that the Breeze would work for my three? I use clumping litter, and normally scoop twice daily, am & pm, and they seem fine with that. Cleo tends to balance herself on the edge of the pan, and pee into the litter. Then she turns around (while still balancing on the edge of the pan) and reaches out to cover. The upstairs litter pan is covered, so she isn't able to perform this quaint little acrobatic act. She just doesn't cover in that pan. Do you think the Breeze would be overwhelmed by the copious amounts of urine that would be put into the system? I'm guessing that I'd need to change the pads more frequently. Does anyone have any idea how much liquid the pads can absorb? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!!!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

Do you think the Breeze would be overwhelmed by the copious amounts of urine that would be put into the system? I'm guessing that I'd need to change the pads more frequently. Does anyone have any idea how much liquid the pads can absorb? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!!!
I think it would be overwhelmed. You would be changing the pads a lot. I was changing ours every couple of days. It seemed quite saturated after being peed on a couple of times (Stimpy is a large cat with a large bladder), despite the website saying it should be good for a whole week for 1 cat. When putting my nose a couple inches away from the pad(about what a cat would be in the box) I could smell the urine after the pad was used a couple times. So I could definitely tell what Lola was unhappy about. My DH, who doesn't have allergies and a stuffy nose like me, swore he could smell urine in the house after it was used a few times too.

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I've read through this thread with much interest! I have a question that I didn't see addressed completely. I have two CRF cats. Cleo has gigantic pee balls (probably 1/2 cup of urine or more!!!) and Maggie has slightly smaller 1/4 to 1/3 cup. Lola's are normal (about the size of a walnut.) Do you think that the Breeze would work for my three? I use clumping litter, and normally scoop twice daily, am & pm, and they seem fine with that. Cleo tends to balance herself on the edge of the pan, and pee into the litter. Then she turns around (while still balancing on the edge of the pan) and reaches out to cover. The upstairs litter pan is covered, so she isn't able to perform this quaint little acrobatic act. She just doesn't cover in that pan. Do you think the Breeze would be overwhelmed by the copious amounts of urine that would be put into the system? I'm guessing that I'd need to change the pads more frequently. Does anyone have any idea how much liquid the pads can absorb? Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated!!!
Eh, I kind of disagree with the above post. I've found that the pads are super absorbent in my case. I have 4 cats, and they all tend to pee in one (I have 3 Breeze's), and I change it every 2-3 days. It's pretty amazing how heavy they get without leaking. But, I also rotate it, so that it's not all in one concentrated area and can 'spread out'. Rotating is easy, you just pull the entire pan out and turn it around, then put it back in.
Of course if you stick your nose to it it does smell like pee, but I've never noticed a smell when it's covered by the pellets.

So, I think it's worth a try, IMO.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kady05

Eh, I kind of disagree with the above post. I've found that the pads are super absorbent in my case. I have 4 cats, and they all tend to pee in one (I have 3 Breeze's), and I change it every 2-3 days. It's pretty amazing how heavy they get without leaking. But, I also rotate it, so that it's not all in one concentrated area and can 'spread out'. Rotating is easy, you just pull the entire pan out and turn it around, then put it back in.
Of course if you stick your nose to it it does smell like pee, but I've never noticed a smell when it's covered by the pellets.

So, I think it's worth a try, IMO.
I think it's worth a try too. I have two cats with one litterbox, and I change the pad every Saturday. And I don't rotate it or anything. It stays in the same place when I first put it in. And I can't smell any pee in the bedroom we keep it in. I haven't had any problems yet, but I keep a second pad under the first one to catch any leakage. But like I said, it's just a precaution because I haven't had any problems with that.

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use the breeze box as intended but since my cat pees in the exact
same spot, front of the box I use a those small styrofoam meat trays (meat
trays from purchased meat from the grocery)
cut down the sides a little and put in on top of the pad and close
the drawer. I empty the pee twice a day flushing down the toilet.
Since I remove the Urine twice a day my cat is not obsessed with trying to cover her urine either.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My mom has a CRF cat, and the Breeze works very well for her. In fact, she was telling me how often she changes the pads, and I was telling her it was too often and that her cats urinate too much and need to be taken to the vet. Unfortunately, I was right. But my mother loves the Breeze, even with a cat with chronic renal failure. You will need to change the pads more often, so it will be a little more expensive, but the Breeze should work just fine.

sheena13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I skimmed through the replies after page 12, so I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but I've done a lot of research on the boxes & have decided to invest in the "Smart Cat Box." It's the same concept as the breeze, but there are no pads. There is a non absorbent, natural litter & the urine goes down the slots into a semi sealed container that you can empty into the toilet. http://www.smartcatbox.com/

It will cost more initially, but over time it's guaranteed to save money. I have 5 cats, all of whom I encourage to drink water in various ways, so there's a lot of urine to contend with. I don't like the idea of a chemical laden pad that sits under their urine, so this seems to be the best thing for me. I also don't like the idea of being roped into buying their pads again & again. Kind of costly for a multi-cat home. I think Smart Cat Box is absolutely essential for kitties with kidney issues & diabetes. They expel a lot of urine. I have a high pee'r so I'll need to invest in the walls. I will be buying 3 boxes. My cats are great at sharing, but they like a really clean box. They use 1 box to pee in, which I dump a lot. I think they pee in one box because they don't dig in the litter much for peeing, so they don't like to poop in there & get their paws all filled w/ urine soaked litter.

My cats are fine with switching litters, so I'll let you know how it works for us!

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sheena13

I skimmed through the replies after page 12, so I don't know if it has been mentioned here, but I've done a lot of research on the boxes & have decided to invest in the "Smart Cat Box." It's the same concept as the breeze, but there are no pads. There is a non absorbent, natural litter & the urine goes down the slots into a semi sealed container that you can empty into the toilet. http://www.smartcatbox.com/

It will cost more initially, but over time it's guaranteed to save money. I have 5 cats, all of whom I encourage to drink water in various ways, so there's a lot of urine to contend with. I don't like the idea of a chemical laden pad that sits under their urine, so this seems to be the best thing for me. I also don't like the idea of being roped into buying their pads again & again. Kind of costly for a multi-cat home. I think Smart Cat Box is absolutely essential for kitties with kidney issues & diabetes. They expel a lot of urine. I have a high pee'r so I'll need to invest in the walls. I will be buying 3 boxes. My cats are great at sharing, but they like a really clean box. They use 1 box to pee in, which I dump a lot. I think they pee in one box because they don't dig in the litter much for peeing, so they don't like to poop in there & get their paws all filled w/ urine soaked litter.

My cats are fine with switching litters, so I'll let you know how it works for us!
Let us know how it works I started a thread on the smartcat box and
was sort of interested in it as well, but no one seems
to have one here. They use Safflower seeds, I looked
into those at the feed store but they are so so small I just dont see
how I could use those in my breeze box, but I might still buy some and
see how many fall through for a test. The breeze box has those
pellets and they are very noisy.

sheena13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i will for sure let you know how it goes!! I think people are turned off by the look of the smart box unit, it's not fancy & modern looking & people are always looking to hide boxes away & I also think that they're turned off by the initial price!

Let us know how the experiment w/ safflower seeds goes for you!
I read that they recommend a non toxic clorox product to freshen up the litter, but it might just be cheap enough to toss....

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pulled ours back out of the box at the beginning of the week and set it up again. I'm in the middle of midterms and can't get the boxes done until Friday. I felt really bad about that so I set up the Breeze. Someone likes it...It's already been peed in again.
We're going to give it another run, Lola doesn't seem bothered by it so far.
I really hope giving it another try works...2 of these would significantly cut down on our dust problem.

I was looking at the Breeze forums and it seems Wal-Mart.com and Amazon are the best places to buy refills in bulk?

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

I was looking at the Breeze forums and it seems Wal-Mart.com and Amazon are the best places to buy refills in bulk?
Yup, Amazon's the way to go IMO. Free shipping, and you get 15% off if you sign up for the program that ships it to you every month, 2, 3, 4 or 6 months. I posted about it on the previous page of this post I think

steelercats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, Cat Lovers!

My husband reluctantly agreed to not one, but two cats. However, he didn't realize the litter would smell. After cleaning the cats litter box one a day for a year, I had had ENOUGH! I got a CAT GENIE. This is an automatic cat machine. You only have to simply install it and change catridges of cleaning solution. I want to emphasize I DO NOT work for Cat Genie; I am a school teacher who doesn't have time to empty litter. Check out Cat Genie's site and use this a family and friends savings code number for $30 off the Tabby package. You will NEVER regret your decision. I LOVE MY CAT GENIE!

Friends & Family Savings Code Number is: F17409

I'm looking forward to hearing from other cat lovers!

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
For those who want to try it, Target is getting rid of their stock so you can find them up to 75% off if your Target has any left in the clearance sections which are usually at the end of every few aisles.

Also Petsmart is now carrying it and has 20% off litterboxes this week and they all had the $10 off coupon so you can get the starter set for around $18 unless you still have the $5 off coupon which was in the newspaper ads a while back. I figure for $13 if my cats don't use it, I won't feel so bad about throwing it out.

melesine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Anyone still using the Tidy Cat Breeze? Do you still like it? 

I'm still using clumping litter in traditional boxes for my 2 kitties. I'm really considering giving this a try.