Got the Tidy cats Breeze and love it!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an update...I now have both kitties peeing in the breeze box! I have slacked off a little in cleaning the other three boxes, but I haven't discontinued them all together (too much stored up litter inventory
).

What did seem to help was buying another bag of pellets and dividing it between the breeze (so the pellet layer was deeper) and the other boxes.

I was thrilled to hear Bella digging in yesterday!

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My 4 are now using the Breeze

Not sure what really made it click with all of them. I stopped cleaning their only old box left on Tuesday. Yesterday morning I was done with that (it was so gross!), so I just dumped the whole thing out and prayed they'd go in the Breeze. Went out and bought a 3rd Breeze yesterday, and last night they all used it perfectly! It's so nice. My time cleaning has been cut in half, if not more, and there's no litter being tracked anywhere. Love it.

ms.blackie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kady05

My 4 are now using the Breeze

Not sure what really made it click with all of them. I stopped cleaning their only old box left on Tuesday. Yesterday morning I was done with that (it was so gross!), so I just dumped the whole thing out and prayed they'd go in the Breeze. Went out and bought a 3rd Breeze yesterday, and last night they all used it perfectly! It's so nice. My time cleaning has been cut in half, if not more, and there's no litter being tracked anywhere. Love it.
I am so happy for you!

It is so much less work and no litter anywhere. I cant
say enough goods things about it.
The breeze system is so great may they never quit making it.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My boys have been 100% Breeze since Monday with no problems. Scooping IS much easier. If they keep it up I will be recommending this to my cat loving friends for sure. Yay!

interhmai

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If your cat is doing fine with the synthetic pellets, try Feline Pine pellets!

I didn't like the Synthetic Pellets because I don't think they biodegrade, and don't have any odor control.

The only downside is the pellets will break apart when wet, and fall through the grate into the pee tray. This means you will have to clear it out every day or it will build up and get on everything when the tray comes out. I just pour mine over the toilet, and use the scooper to clear it off while holding one end. I also have a large tray underneath to catch any that fall through while the pee tray is out as well.

brennok

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep debating on picking up the Breeze but my cats don't like boxes that aren't covered. Has anyone found any solutions for enclosing the Breeze?

I keep hoping they will introduce a cover and preferably a larger model. I have both jumbo Van Ness and large Van Ness/petmart litter boxes and my cats always use the jumbo boxes avoiding the large ones if they can.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by brennok

I keep debating on picking up the Breeze but my cats don't like boxes that aren't covered. Has anyone found any solutions for enclosing the Breeze?

I keep hoping they will introduce a cover and preferably a larger model. I have both jumbo Van Ness and large Van Ness/petmart litter boxes and my cats always use the jumbo boxes avoiding the large ones if they can.
you could always make a cover w/a storage container...

xris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just bought the breeze system yesterday at Walmart. For anyone who is thinking about it there was a coupon on the box for $10 off making it only $23 dollars for the complete system.

JoJo seemed interested in the new box and got in it a few times and scratched around so far. I haven't seen Nala inside of it yet but she has been near it. There was some pee in the pad today though. That made me excited.

I came out of my room a couple hours ago to find JoJo sleeping inside of it though. Anyone else have that problem?

Is it a good or bad idea to put a piece of poo inside of the box to let them know thats where they can go?

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I picked up my breeze on Amazon.com for 19.99 plus it has the 10$ rebate so really 9.99 after its all said and done. I didnt get any extra pads or pellets because i figured that 15 yr old beavis wouldnt switch to it. He used it the first night though and after a few days Peanut Butter started using it too. NOw i wish i had gotten 2 boxes! what a deal!

I did subscribe to Amazon.com's subscribe & save for the pads as 40 pads shipped 2 day (no charge for shipping) was less than 40$. Thats a deal. I may end up doing the pellet subscribe and save too.

I use 1 pad every 4-5 days so not too bad. My first shipment will be here on friday and i just changed the pad out for the 3rd time today so not too shabby i dont think. I only notice a smell when the poops are fresh but i like how they dry out nice.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
question: how long can you go w/o removing the poops?

some days, i'm gone almost 12 hours or more - no scooping when i'm not here, since i'm the only one w/thumbs. i currently have littermaids, since that solves the scooping issue for the most part [i can clean up any 'missed' areas when i get home] & keeps the boxes clean enough the cats will use them...

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

question: how long can you go w/o removing the poops?
It is a manual scooping box so if you don’t scoop it, its not happening. My two largish (12-15lbs) boys use one Breeze system, but they are very forgiving on my scooping habits. One time when I was really sick it went 3 days without a scoop, though I decided to toss all the pellets and start over after that.

I don’t think the time schedule you mentioned would be an issue for the Breeze, I think it really depends on your cats and what they will put up with. There is less waste the cat is exposed to in the box because the urine isnt clumped in there, but they would still have to deal with the poop until you came home. Did your cats do ok with a regular scoopable box not being scooped all day while you were at work or do they demand to have their “stuff” scooped out as soon as they go?

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have two cats, two Breeze style boxes, and I seem to be scooping about once every other day (although I scooped twice in the last 14 hours). My cats are extremely unperturbed by dirty boxes (knock on wood), so scooping every 48 works for them (although I feel guilty about it).

I've been keeping a record, and it looks like I change the pad in one box every 10 days and in the other box once every 15 days. I change the pellets about once every three or four months.

So, yeah, how often you need to scoop the breeze really depends on your cats and on you. If you had to switch to littermaids because your cats used places other than the box before you got home from your 12hr shifts, then the Breeze is very likely not for you. If your cats are not super-sensitive about clean boxes, then the Breeze and your 12hr shifts will probably work very well together. Honestly, I think the number of cats who are so picky that they can't go about 18 hrs between litter box scooping are very few and very far between.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Did your cats do ok with a regular scoopable box not being scooped all day while you were at work or do they demand to have their “stuff†scooped out as soon as they go?
haven't had one in years.
that said - one of the littermaids broke last year before Christmas 07. i continued to use the box, just as a manual scoop box, because i needed it - i have 5 cats & only 4 boxes. it didn't seem to bother them - they still used it [it was in the 'favored' location] but they still had 3 other boxes to use if necessary.
i'll consider it - if i had another location, i'd just add one. but i have all available locations occupied!
thanks, guys!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by xris

I came out of my room a couple hours ago to find JoJo sleeping inside of it though. Anyone else have that problem?
Yeah when I first got the Breeze box, Roxy kept sleeping in it. Once one of the cats had used it though, she stopped pretty quickly!

I like the Breeze box so much that I recently bought a second one. I might buy a third one because I still have one box using regular litter... Either that or I might buy the "Smart Cat Box" instead which is similar to the Breeze except it has no pads to change (uses a plastic reservoir for the urine instead) and uses safflower seeds instead of pellets.

I can go quite a while without scooping and the cats don't mind, but since we have multiple cats and Sneakers always pees large amounts I have to change the Breeze pad more often than once a week.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two cats and I use 2 pads/week. Even with that the pad is usually REALLY saturated when I change it out. But I only have one box for 14lb males.

My boys also like the box better with 1½ bags of pellets in it instead of just one. I have to completely change the pellets out every 2-3weeks.

I can get away with only scooping once per day with this system, but the longer I go between scoops the shorter amount of time I get out of the pellets.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You do need to check the urine pad drawer on a regular basis: if I don't turn it, it doesn't last nearly as long. I think I'm taking advantage of evaporation, and therefore stretching out the life of the pad. My cats have been concentrating more and more on one box (the real breeze instead of the fake one) and if they urinate it in too often, I do have to change the pad quite often. So I think that more boxes means less use of urine pads (because the lower frequency of use means more time for urine to evaporate, which means that a larger volume of urine can go into a single pad).

kady05

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say that I've been using the Breeze since December and LOVE it. I don't think I'll ever go back to regular litter.

No more litter tracked everywhere is the best part. Plus with 4 cats, it takes me maybe 5min. to scoop in the mornings (I scoop once a day, my guys usually go at night so I do it in the AM).
I have 3 boxes, and they use one the most, and the other two get used a lot less. I think I change the pad in the one that's used the most once or twice a week. The other two can go well over a week without needing changed, and sometimes I just change it to change it, even if it doesn't really 'need' changed. I do rotate the pans like Enuja said, and that definitely helps the pad last longer.

It's so great. I love it. And my cats have no issues with it anymore. Only took them a week-10 days to fully switch over. I do think if I tried having 2 Breezes and one regular box, they'd all go in the regular box though. So I wouldn't suggest doing that for anyone looking to switch over. But, every cat is different so who knows!

I get my replacement pads & pellets off of Amazon. Every time I'd go to the store to get replacement stuff, they'd be out! I got so annoyed that I went online and found that Amazon has the best prices.
If you subscribe, you get 15% off every time, and free shipping (doesn't cost anything to sign up either).
You can get 10 packs of pads (4 in a pack) for about $40. Then 6 bags of pellets for $36. You choose how often they're shipped, and if you run out before, you can have them shipped sooner. I have mine set to ship every 6 months, just because I'm not sure how fast I'll go through everything yet. Anyway, it works out great, and it's cheaper than buying them in the store.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kady05

I get my replacement pads & pellets off of Amazon. Every time I'd go to the store to get replacement stuff, they'd be out! I got so annoyed that I went online and found that Amazon has the best prices.
If you subscribe, you get 15% off every time, and free shipping (doesn't cost anything to sign up either).
You can get 10 packs of pads (4 in a pack) for about $40. Then 6 bags of pellets for $36. You choose how often they're shipped, and if you run out before, you can have them shipped sooner. I have mine set to ship every 6 months, just because I'm not sure how fast I'll go through everything yet. Anyway, it works out great, and it's cheaper than buying them in the store.
Right now, they have 40% off the 10 packs of pads, with free shipping at Amazon. I priced it out, and it comes out to around $2.70 something a pack, which is half the cost of the ones at Walmart. I'm going to order 2 packs or so, which will last a long time.

Just a FYI in case anybody is looking for a better price for these.