Got the Tidy cats Breeze and love it!

craftycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HURRAY!! Hope is not lost. I just got woken up by the loudest scooping/crunching sound and realized someone was in the TC Breeze box. Sure enough, my Molly did peeps!
Now maybe the others will pick up the scent and follow suit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CraftyCats

HURRAY!! Hope is not lost. I just got woken up by the loudest scooping/crunching sound and realized someone was in the TC Breeze box. Sure enough, my Molly did peeps!
Now maybe the others will pick up the scent and follow suit.
Great!
Just be patient and give it time. I think it was almost 2 weeks when both my cats were using it regularly and pooing in it.

craftycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No one has used it since Molly's piddle but I haven't changed the pad to leave the scent there. If I didn't catch her in it or looked at the pad, I wouldn't have even known there was urine there! That's a treat to not smell it.

One of the other boxes is getting low so when I'm ready to dump and wash it out, I'm putting it away and going to set up the second TC Breeze System I got. I'm thinking that by taking the other boxes away one by one over time and setting up the TC Breeze boxes, they'll eventually start using it.

I don't think I'm going to have much of a choice but to leave a regular box with the scoopable litter set up and maintained. I'm trying to stay optimistic but I just don't think I'll have luck 9 times around.

How I long for the days of our home with a single cat. Then again I would have all this love from my rescues.

Because every life should have 9 cats!

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have to admit that I'm not at all sold on the Breeze system, but that Wal-Mart video link was one of the silliest things I've ever seen...

Good luck to you all using the new system!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are using it more and more. I love it. Especially no urine smell! I want to get another one. And I'd love to eventually get rid of the traditional litter box. The breeze is so much easier to keep clean!

craftycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well no one has used it since Molly's piddle a few nights ago and I haven't changed the pad nor do I smell ANYTHING!! It's great in that regard but then again, it was just the one time use.

Anyway so onto week 2 with it.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mzjazz2u, is the Breeze system really and truly dust free?

craftycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well, I'm no longer a Breeze owner. No one was using it to poop and they even stopped using the regular boxes to urinate. I found a LOAD of urine at the bottom of the utility closet behind the regular boxes. I guess that was their way of telling me back to the usual or else!

Too bad because it was a joy not having to scoop heavy loads of litter soaked urine ... then again, after my discovery, that could have been why. I think with a multicat household such as mine, it was too much to hope for that all of them would take to something different.

I have two packs of unopened refill pads up on eBay, seller name craftycleo, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for all the great advice.

enuja

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry it didn't work out, CraftyCats.

Have your cats ever transitioned successfully between litter types before? Have they ever successfully used a pellet litter?

Just this Saturday I went out to buy the system... but I couldn't find it in three different stores (PetCo, PetSmart, and Target). I'm trying to decide if I should order it online.

How about mzjazz2u, is the Breeze still working for you? Have you gotten rid of your old box?

White cat lover, is the box still a good secondary system for you?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I set up my 2 upstairs for Twitch & Lily. Had the pellets in, going to get the pads....Lily hops in & pees without the pads in.
They've taken to peeing in them, which helps on the litter usage....but no poop.

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I set up my 2 upstairs for Twitch & Lily. Had the pellets in, going to get the pads....Lily hops in & pees without the pads in.
They've taken to peeing in them, which helps on the litter usage....but no poop.
Does anyone have any idea why a cat will use a particular litter for pee but not poop???

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

Does anyone have any idea why a cat will use a particular litter for pee but not poop???
To drive us nuts?

I believe it is a natural instinct to poop & pee in seperate places, perhaps to mark terriroty?

mschauer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I believe it is a natural instinct to poop & pee in seperate places, perhaps to mark terriroty?
But some cats will do both in a particular litter but with another litter will only pee in it and not poop.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mschauer

But some cats will do both in a particular litter but with another litter will only pee in it and not poop.
That I cannot explain. Other than to go back to they want to drive us nuts.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought the Breeze and I love it. Both my cats are using it to both pee and poop and so far it's worked out great. I have one box, and I change the pad every Saturday. It never smells, only like right after they poop, and all you do is scoop it and it's gone. I had to build a covering to put over it though. They were used to going in a covered litter box so I built a cover using the box it came in and now they use it. It's great!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking of buying it but not sure if it will work for my larger cats? My senior cat Sneakers has always peed a LOT (no medical cause) and it gets really difficult to keep up with the litterbox changes with how much she pees! If you don't keep the box immaculate she'll go outside it. I'm thinking this box could possibly be a good solution but I have my doubts about the size... Sneakers is a little underweight right now but is normally about 12 pounds. My DSH kitten is already over 8 pounds at six months so he's also gonna be a big cat, and then I also have a Maine Coon kitten!
Anyone tried this system with larger cats?

The other thing I'm wondering about is what if they have soft stools. Sometimes Sneakers does, and it seems like it might be really difficult to clean that out of this type of box.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekochan

I'm thinking of buying it but not sure if it will work for my larger cats? My senior cat Sneakers has always peed a LOT (no medical cause) and it gets really difficult to keep up with the litterbox changes with how much she pees! If you don't keep the box immaculate she'll go outside it. I'm thinking this box could possibly be a good solution but I have my doubts about the size... Sneakers is a little underweight right now but is normally about 12 pounds. My DSH kitten is already over 8 pounds at six months so he's also gonna be a big cat, and then I also have a Maine Coon kitten!
Anyone tried this system with larger cats?

The other thing I'm wondering about is what if they have soft stools. Sometimes Sneakers does, and it seems like it might be really difficult to clean that out of this type of box.
My cats are 11 pounds each and they can use it no problem.

With softer stools, if it's just soft not liquid, the pellets will attach to it. It may be a pain to clean up if it gets on the box, but if it's just on the pellets, just scoop it up and throw it away. I just cleaned it, and there was a soft stool in there, and I just scooped it up.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Enuja

I'm so sorry it didn't work out, CraftyCats.

Have your cats ever transitioned successfully between litter types before? Have they ever successfully used a pellet litter?

Just this Saturday I went out to buy the system... but I couldn't find it in three different stores (PetCo, PetSmart, and Target). I'm trying to decide if I should order it online.

How about mzjazz2u, is the Breeze still working for you? Have you gotten rid of your old box?

White cat lover, is the box still a good secondary system for you?
I'm still using the Breeze system and still loving it! My cats use it for both poop and pee and I no longer have any other kind of boxes in my apartment. I love having to only carry two small bag of pellets up to my apartment every month (one for each box) and I love that there is no urine smell coming from the litter boxes anymore!

As far as where to buy... PetCo is supposed to have it. I know PetSmart doesn't yet. Walmart sells it and I think someone said Kmart has it too.

craftycats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The only litter transition my cats really ever made was from clay to scoopable. When Gwen and her kittens came into the house, I had to switch back to clay until they were older and the other cats didn't have a problem. It never mattered which brand. Clay was Johnny Cats and scoopable has gone from Tidy Cats to Scoop Free to Arm & Hammer and back to Tidy Cats.

I tried the Shweat Scoop once and was met with a piddle of resistance in front of that box only.

I had a problem with the Breeze box not being covered as well. All our boxes here are covered and two of my boys are high whizzers. I'm amazed that they are even in the box at all the way they stand on all paws and lean out! So even though they took to the Breeze System by peeing, it didn't all catch.

It's not a flawed concept and I'm still in love with it's idea ... as well as not carrying heavy ass jugs of litter one block away and then 3 flights up ... but just didn't work out in this multicat household.