Going on a vacation?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Is he wearing an e-collar? Did they give him pain medication? That could be what is making him so mellow. :nod:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is he wearing an e-collar? Did they give him pain medication? That could be what is making him so mellow. :nod:
Yes, and he's also purring so loudly whenever I pet him now..

Still hoping for Twix to come back though.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Which clinic performed his surgery? What did they charge?

How did Oreo act in the pet taxi?
The vet charged £35

Oreo acted fine.. He's now being a loving cat, just like Twix.. He's always purring...

I'm still hoping for Twix to come back home safely..

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Any sign of Twix? How is Oreo doing? Any pictures of them that you could share?

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any sign of Twix? How is Oreo doing? Any pictures of them that you could share?
Still no sign of Twix..

Oreo is alright, I have many pictures of Oreo and Twix but I can't share, my tablet doesn't let me, I'll try to share their pictures with y'all when I'll be on computer :)

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, Oreo is becoming a loving cat :)
And.. no, Still no sign of Twix...

Some cat came in our house (don't know how she came), and she gave birth to three kittens in our attic.. And one of the kittens came out of there and she came in my room and I don't know why, but, she came to me and started purring.. Then I asked my mum and dad about her... My mum said we can keep her (even though, I said I can't because Twix is lost, I felt like I'm "replacing" Twix with kitten).. And my dad said maybe she's one of the kittens upstairs (my mum and I didn't know there was a cat with her kittens), we went upstairs and saw a little kitten, but no cat there.. We also saw a really tiny kitten (like a newborn..), It was dead... We don't know what the cat looked like.. It can't be Twix, because this happened last week and the kittens were around 3 weeks old... Its been almost three weeks since Twix is out...

So... We decided to keep the kitten because she wasn't leaving me (weird...), she also acts so much like TWIX.. Its like she's Twix... This kitten is a Calico/Tabby mix.. But Twix was Tortoiseshell...

This kitten came to us on 5 April, Wednesday.. One week after Twix went out...

We're going to keep her.. Even Oreo is starting to like her, I do miss Twix.. I want her to come back too... Few days ago, I heard Twix's meows and Oreo was sleeping, he woke up and ran so fast and sat in front of the door, waiting for me to open it.. Oreo and I went out, Oreo ran a little far and I was walking while calling for Twix to come, she was nowhere to be seen... When I heard her meow, I also heard to kids say "Gracie, where are you going?" and "come back in the house".. Someone is keeping my cat and changed her name.. Would she remember me if she sees me someday? Would she remember her name is Twix not Gracie? This happened 9 days ago or something.. And after that, I never heard Twix's voice...

My finals have started so I'm kind of busy and I can't look for her...

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Two kids*

I don't know who they were, there are many kids in my neighbourhood

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Twix is bound to recognise you if she were to see you. I sometimes only see dad's cat and my mum's cats for a couple of years at a time, and they all recognise me instantly, get all excited, abandon my parents, follow me around, and sleep on my bed. This kinda annoys both my mum and dad, but, hey, what can I say, they're my buddies and we have lots of catching up to do! Twix might not respond to her name though but I'd still try calling her it to jog her memory. If you ever do manage to capture her, and she does go outside again, put a collar on her, with your name and phone number, stating she's your cat, hands off! (And, obviously get her spayed & microchipped, she won't be so fickle and easily cat-nabbed.)

What's your new kitty called? Is it chocolate biscuity, too? KitKat, perhaps, heeheehee. :lol:

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, those cats love you.. Same with my cousin's dog, whenever she sees me, she forgets about my cousin and stays with me all the time...

I was thinking about putting a collar on her, I bought one for her the day before she left the house, when she comes back, I'll get her spayed and put a collar on her, I don't know why she still hasn't come back, she was like my best friend, she always stay with me, and if someone else wanted to pick her up (my cousins, aunts, uncles...), she would run and hide behind me..

The new Kitty's name.. I'm still not sure, my cousin said to name her Candy, but everyone else (my mum, dad, aunts, uncles) wants her name to be "Elsa"..

I don't even know, I'm always hungry after calling my cat's names :lol:

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about putting a collar on Twix*

Sounds like I was thinking about putting a collar on my cousin's dog.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am confused. Are there still cats in your attic? How old is this kitten?

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Her mum and dad decided to keep a female kitten from the litter in the attic, and the queen moved the others out of their house. The kitten is now approximately 7-8 weeks old.

I'm staying in touch with her via PM for support.

She's studying for her Maths final this week, and is focusing on her work right now. Maths is avchallenging subject for her.

If Twix had kittens while she has been away, they would be less than 3 weeks old, and likely not walking well enough to follow Twix home.

I still believe that Twix will come home to her.
OP has no free time to search for Twix right now. These finals are too important for her future.
Many members understand the education system in the UK and how these exams literally determine your future.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, well done foxden foxden ! It's a huge relief to hear that you're lending your support to her, Oreo, Candy/Elsa, and all the family. It's ever so good of you. I left school when I had just turned 15, so didn't get any qualifications until I did an Access to university course, GCSE Maths, and GCSE English Language all in one year when I was 27 (well, I did actually get GCSE English Literature when I was 14 but that was by a night class at the tech college). I remember my Maths GCSE all too well!

There's a cunning trick to do the 9 times table on your fingers. Hold out both hands. Then, say, "1 x 9" and put down your 1st finger, which is your left thumb. Count how many finger are left standing before it = "0" and after it = "9", which makes "9" the answer. Then, hold both hands out with all fingers up again, and say, "2 x 9" and put down your 2nd finger on your left hand. Count how many fingers are before it = "1" and how many are after = "8", which makes "18". You can run through up to 10 x 9. For, example, "7 x 9" put down your 7th finger, which is the 2nd finger on your right hand, as the 1st 5 fingers are your on left hand, count how many fingers are before it = "6" and count how many are after it = "3", which makes "63". I still use this trick to this day! Do tell CatsFurever CatsFurever . In my maths exam it was very funny to see everyone counting their fingers!

GOOD LUCK! :clover:

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oreo was outside, now he just came home and.. His left eye is bleeding (not too much, there's just a little blood), he's acting normal and doesn't seem like he's in pain or anything (I know cats hide their pain..)

Its the same eye that had allergic reaction to cat food last year in June.. If any of you don't know: Last year, in June, Oreo had an allergic reaction from the cat food, his left cheek became swollen and we were trying all day to find a vet, this vet near our house said he can't see Oreo and Oreo will need a surgery.. I looked on internet and we found this vet who's REALLY far from our house, the day we were taking Oreo there, his cheek bursted (it looked really painful), we took Oreo to the vet, the vet checked Oreo's temperature and gave him an injection for the pain and said keep giving him cat food and he'll be fine (we didn't knew it was because of cat food because he was eating that from 4 months and he was perfectly fine), and then we got home, Oreo's cheek was perfect again, then three days later, it got swollen and then in the evening, it bursted AGAIN and that time, his eye was full red and wherever he sat, there he would leave blood that was dripping from his cheek and eye (sorry I feel like I'm making this sound more painful), then we found another vet, we took him there right away, the vet checked Oreo, gave him medicines, cleaned his cheek and eye (Oreo was screaming so loudly that my cousin and I had to go out of there because we just can't hear Oreo screaming like that in pain, my aunt was praying for Oreo to get better), when we got home, he was fine again then we had another appointment next day..
Again, the vet cleaned Oreo's cheek and eye, and gave him injection and antibiotics.. Oreo was perfect, his red eye turned to green again, I was happy.

Few days later that started to happen all over again, and then my mum said we should try changing his food then go to vet, it was night (11:30 Pm), we didn't had any other food, we gave him meat and next day.. His cheek was perfect, his eye was perfect.. It didn't even looked like anything happened to his face...

I think I wrote a lot..

Oreo just went out again, sorry, I know its my responsibility to keep him inside but just understand, I have my finals, I know Oreo's health is important but my finals are important too.

Just tell me what should I do now? About his eye..

I can't take him to the vet, is there anything I can do at home? My parents will start lecturing me about my finals if I ask to take Oreo to vet...

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, poor Oreo! 'It never rains, but it pours', as the saying goes.

He's possibly had an abscess due to a scratch either from fighting with another cat, or from a thorny plant, like a rose bush or brambles. Did the burst fluid smell bad? Is it actually in his eyeball/eye-socket or on his cheek? He might also have conjunctivitis.

Wash your hands thoroughly. The get a bowl of warm water with a teaspoon of salt dissolved into it, rock salt or sea salt are best, but table salt will do, also. Soak a cotton wool pad or chunk of cotton wool in the salt water. Then ever so gently clean the eye area. You'll probably need someone to help hold him whilst you do this. Very gently, but firmly hold his head and keep his paws out of scratching reach. Don't put any stress on his neck though.

Recurrent conjunctivitis would worry me and might suggest he has a hidden virus, living in his system, that shows up symptoms, occasionally. He needs to go back to the vet, I'm afraid. Ask them to test him for: FHV-1, Calicivirus, and Feline Chlamydophila. And also, get him vaccinated against these three diseases to prevent further outbreaks. Your vet will probably prescribe anti-virals (like aciclovir, which is zovirax for herpes in people), antibiotics, and anti-inflammatories, depending on the cause.

In the long term, giving him 500mg of L-lysine every day will help to lessen the outbreaks.

Please report back...

:alright:

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
His cheek is alright, it all happened last year..

Today, only his left eye seems like other cat scratched it (He do get in a lot of fights with only ONE cat, and that cat, is my granddad's cat), my granddad passed away in December so this cat doesn't have a home, he's a stray, he's also Oreo's brother, they have same mum, she had three kittens and one of them died.. I said about this in thread I think, I said two kittens died, but no, one of them died and only Oreo and Tommy were left (okay, he was my granddad's cat and he named him "Tommy").. Oreo and Tommy fight A LOT like, they don't even want to see each other's face.. Tommy sometimes come here in the house and if Oreo sees Tommy, there will be a really REALLY bad fight.. No one can stop them when they're fighting, except my mum.. If she says "Oreo, you're a good cat, don't fight" and believe me, Oreo will look at my mum, then at Tommy and then he will walk away from Tommy..

So... I was saying.. Oreo's eye seems like some cat scratched it and there's very little blood, it isn't swollen or anything, it doesn't even look so bad now, he again ate meat and his eye is getting better now.. I'm just worried, I don't want him to be blind or something, I always worry too much about Oreo when he's hurt or sick.. He's inside right now, my mum said this in the morning "Oreo, stay inside, we don't want you to get hurt" and now he's been inside all day, he just left once for like 25 minutes..

Thank you for the help though, I'll try to clean his eye..