Going on a vacation?

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Where did you hear her meows?  If she has a nest full of kittens, she won't be able to leave them to come to you, you'll have to go to her.  But she'll be starving hungry by now, so tomorrow nip down the shop and buy a packet of Dreamies cat treats, they are virtually irresistible.  Put some in your upturned hand and hold the rest of the packet in your other hand and shake it, whist calling to her, softly.  Listen carefully and really hone in on her meows, you might have to get down on your hands and knees.  Considering her hungriness though, could you put some of her favourite food (or plain tinned tuna) in a bowl right now and take it to where you heard her meows and leave it as near as possible?  I know it's dark, getting late, and other animals will eat the food in a flash, but she might just be able to leave her nest long enough to eat something without endangering her kittens safety. 

You also sound very depressed to me.  You might need to see a doctor.  I suffer depression.  I see a doctor.  

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
If you get Oreo neutered at the soonest opportunity available, like tomorrow, after your picnic, say, he will rapidly change in behaviour.  He will stay indoors much longer, not want to go out as much, and not stay out for long when he does go out.  He will also become ever so loving towards you.  Two year old neutered male cats are the best company in the land!   You won't feel so lonely, as Oreo will become your best buddy and would probably follow you around, sit on you, play with you, and enjoy a thoroughly good stroking session all day long.  Neutering = loving, affectionate, homebody, catfriends.  

My cat, Dudley, is my very own furry shadow. 
 I  wouldn't know where to be without him by my side. 

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do not even entertain the idea of a new kitten.  Concentrate on Oreo and Twix.  If both cats are neutered asap, then 2 year old adolescent, Oreo, and 6 month old kitten, Twix, will be FAR more fun and games than a boring baby kitten.  Trust us, if you play with them, they will play with you.  The older they get, the better company they become.  

Honestly, step away from the kitten.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CatsFurever CatsFurever

Please do NOT get a kitten. You said Twix has been away several days once before. She is likely to come home.

A kitten will be a distraction from your studies. Wait at least until your exams are over so you have the ability to spend more time loving a kitten and teaching a kitten how you want it to behave.

A well-trained kitten makes a wonderful cat. A kitten without enough attention can grow up to be a "problem" cat. I know that's not what you want to happen.

There are things you will do differently for the next cat in your life. You know that now. You were doing what you had been taught to do. We have talked about some of these things..

I am still learning more things about the best ways to take care of my furbabies. There are always more things to learn, more things we can change.

Use Oreo as the reason to get up in the morning. He is confused as well as lonely. He knows Twix is missing, but he also knows you are very different.

You need to increase your play time with Oreo. He needs your love and attention more than ever.

When you look for Twix, go to the places you think you heard her meow. Sit quietly for awhile. Take some food or treats with you.

When you hear her, call her name softly. Try to figure out where she is hiding. She can go through a much smaller hole than you think is possible. If she has kittens, she will be difficult to find -- she has tried to pick a safe place.

Let your family help you. They all want Twix to come back. They all want to help your pain. Know that they love you and care for you.

I care about you and I care about Twix. I can't physically help, but know that my thoughts are with you.

There are a lot of people here who care about you and Twix. We are giving you "virtual hugs". We are offering you our strength.

Let your family love you today. You have the opportunity to be with them today.

I believe Twix will come back to you. She knows where home is. She has come home before. She is a smart kitty.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
@MoochNNoodles I known you all are trying to help, I appreciate it.

I won't get a new kitten, I'll just take care of Oreo and play with him, he's confused. He keeps looking for Twix and calling her.
He looks under the bed, behind the doors, in every corner of the house.. He keeps crying while going upstairs then downstais...

I'll learn more about cats...

Brian007 Brian007 The problem is.. I heard Twix's meows, but when I call her, they stop and then I can't find her..

I was wondering, if a little boy or girl has Twix, should I let them keep her? My cousin started crying when I asked her this question and she said she won't let anyone else have Twix, is that mean of her? She really loves Twix.. Twix was so tiny when we got her, you could fit her in pocket. She's one of the most loving cats...

I remember Twix would sit beside me, demand me to pet her and when my hand would stop, she would look at me, meow sweetly and place her soft paws on my face.. I remember she would sit on my stomach and sleep there, then I wouldn't want to get up because it would disrupt the cuteness...
I'll be getting Oreo neutered tomorrow.

foxden foxden I would do anything I'll have to, to get Twix back. I won't get a new kitten, I'll spend more time with Oreo, I will eat my food and medicine, I will study hard, I will be praying all day and night. if Twix is gonna come back by all these things, I will do everything! I just want her back...

I had a dream that Twix came home with a kitten (only one kitten).. I told my cousin about the dream, she told me she had exactly same dream! I told my mum about this she said she was just thinking Twix might come back with a kitten...

I don't know, if this is a sign that Twix is gonna come back, I'm gonna be so happy!! I act like a child, okay sorry about that...

Anyway, now I have to eat my breakfast, bye :)
I will keep you all updated !

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'll be getting Oreo neutered tomorrow.
Wow! It's amazing that you were able to get an appointment so fast and even on a Sunday. :nod:

:vibes: that you find Twix soon.

Last edited:

daisyd

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear all this sounds horrendous ! I live in central London and there are tons of vets ! Pets at Home or some other big pet stores have good, cheap vets inside the stores ! We had our kitten vaccinated, microchiped, wormed and checked out for £45. We also got her spayed for £32! Do you live South, East or west ? Can you put a poster up around the neirbourhood too ? Cats don't tend to go far and is probably hiding somewhere where she can still see her home ! They are pretty good at hiding .... Nobody is trying to patronise you or anything just trying to help !

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CatsFurever CatsFurever

I'm happy your family is helping you get Oreo fixed.

He will be a much happier kitty. Boys recover from this surgery fairly quickly. His behavior won't change right away, but you will see him change a little more every week.

I know Twix stops meowing when you hear her -- go near there and freeze when you hear her. Move really slowly, and only call her once or twice. Freeze again if she stops meowing. It might take 30 minutes or more to start to figure out where she's hiding.

You don't want to scare her so much that she moves the kittens. Her instinct is to hide the kittens and keep them safe.

Take a flashlight (torch?) with you when you're hunting. You want to try to see into the dark places she could be hiding. Food or treats as Brian007 Brian007 suggests could also be helpful.

You will know right away if Twix has had kittens when you see her. She will be skinny and scrawny. She might be very tired

She could be very nervous. No matter how excited you are to find her, be quiet-happy. Laugh and cry and happy-dance in your head.

Do NOT let a child keep Twix. She is your kitty. She knows you love her, she knows your house, she knows her brother Oreo.

A child may not take care of her very well.

I am wishing good things for you and Twix. Please take care of yourself, too.

We all want Twix to come home and for you both to be well.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow! It's amazing that you were able to get an appointment so fast and even on a Sunday. :nod:

:vibes: that you find Twix soon.
Yeah, I can't believe that we got appointment so quickly :) the vet knows my problem so he said to bring Oreo tomorrow or as soon as possible.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear all this sounds horrendous ! I live in central London and there are tons of vets ! Pets at Home or some other big pet stores have good, cheap vets inside the stores ! We had our kitten vaccinated, microchiped, wormed and checked out for £45. We also got her spayed for £32! Do you live South, East or west ? Can you put a poster up around the neirbourhood too ? Cats don't tend to go far and is probably hiding somewhere where she can still see her home ! They are pretty good at hiding .... Nobody is trying to patronise you or anything just trying to help !
I tried everything, she's probably just hiding somewhere a little far from here..

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
CatsFurever CatsFurever

I'm happy your family is helping you get Oreo fixed.

He will be a much happier kitty. Boys recover from this surgery fairly quickly. His behavior won't change right away, but you will see him change a little more every week.

I know Twix stops meowing when you hear her -- go near there and freeze when you hear her. Move really slowly, and only call her once or twice. Freeze again if she stops meowing. It might take 30 minutes or more to start to figure out where she's hiding.

You don't want to scare her so much that she moves the kittens. Her instinct is to hide the kittens and keep them safe.

Take a flashlight (torch?) with you when you're hunting. You want to try to see into the dark places she could be hiding. Food or treats as Brian007 Brian007 suggests could also be helpful.

You will know right away if Twix has had kittens when you see her. She will be skinny and scrawny. She might be very tired

She could be very nervous. No matter how excited you are to find her, be quiet-happy. Laugh and cry and happy-dance in your head.

Do NOT let a child keep Twix. She is your kitty. She knows you love her, she knows your house, she knows her brother Oreo.

A child may not take care of her very well.

I am wishing good things for you and Twix. Please take care of yourself, too.

We all want Twix to come home and for you both to be well.
Thank you, I'll try everything I can to get Twix back..

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
CatsFurever CatsFurever
By now, I guess Oreo is back home. Some cats are sleepy and some have energy after the surgery.

Every cat is different.

He can still be fertile up to 4 weeks. Over time, he won't wander quite so much and he shouldn't get in as many fights.

Give him lots of love, but obviously on his terms.

I'm very happy your parents agreed to do the right thing for Oreo.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Last edited:

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oreo is at home, he ate his food and now he's sleeping..

He's always outside at night but now he's inside.. I know he shouldn't be out at night but its Oreo, the cat who would bite his owner to go out when he wants...
I'm giving him as much love as I can, but suddenly he starts growling, I didn't do anything, he do that every time I pet him.. He would keep licking himself for hours to stay clean, then I would just touch him and he would stare at me angrily... Its funny how he always wants to stay clean but Twix would roll over on the unclean floor and would try everything to not stay clean [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm still hoping for Twix to come back safely.. I miss her so much [emoji]10084[/emoji] :(

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oreo is at home, he ate his food and now he's sleeping..

He's always outside at night but now he's inside.. I know he shouldn't be out at night but its Oreo, the cat who would bite his owner to go out when he wants...
I'm giving him as much love as I can, but suddenly he starts growling, I didn't do anything, he do that every time I pet him.. He would keep licking himself for hours to stay clean, then I would just touch him and he would stare at me angrily... Its funny how he always wants to stay clean but Twix would roll over on the unclean floor and would try everything to not stay clean [emoji]128514[/emoji]

I'm still hoping for Twix to come back safely.. I miss her so much [emoji]10084[/emoji] :(
Did he have his surgery today?

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oreo wants petting and loving on his terms. If he doesn't want to be petted, you can play with him. Maybe he just wants to chill out with you, even just to sit next to you

I think Twix will come back.
I'd go out to the places you thought you heard her and call her again. Take some food or treats with you. She could be really hungry now and might come to you when you call.

When you see her, be as calm as you can so you don't scare her accidentally.

Oreo sounds just fine.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
Oreo will be a bit sore and stroppy about being at the vet, but he'll soon come round.  Two years old is quite old for a cat to be neutered, so his hormones might take even up to 6 months to totally leave his body.  It's not terribly old, though, but he might have the odd bit of TOMCAT behaviour that he's learned over the years that even without those pesky hormones may still carry on.  Just ask us for help with anything and we'll gladly offer possible solutions to any problems.  As @foxden  says, he'll still be fertile for 4 weeksish.  He'll very soon stop being stinky though, you'll all be pleased to hear.  I had my Dudley done when he was just 3 months, before he became sexually mature, and so he basically didn't even notice the surgery and was bouncing about as normal the moment he got out of his carrier.  Oreo will take a wee while longer.  But you should see improvements in his behaviour within days.  I'm so excited for you all!  

As foxden says don't push him too hard to love you, take it at his pace.  Just do your homework with him in your bedroom, so that he knows you're there and he feels safe.  Offer him dangling bits of string and scrunched up bits of printing paper to ping across the room when he's feeling a bit brighter.  Those all important Dreamies will certainly get him onside. 

Don't stop looking, calling, and rattling Dreamies packets for Twix as often as possible.  It's just as well the weather is nice at the moment but you know what it's like here and we get cold snaps in April.  Did you rustle up some "lost cat" posters, I'm sure you could do one ever so quickly and easily what with your student skills, and print some off. 

We're all still praying for Twix's safe return. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Was Oreo neutered? You said you had a weekend appointment. How did things go, and how is he now?

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Was Oreo neutered? You said you had a weekend appointment. How did things go, and how is he now?
He's being his normal self, he's not even acting like anything happened.

CatsFurever

elsa♡ rio♡ puma♡ kai♡
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oreo will be a bit sore and stroppy about being at the vet, but he'll soon come round.  Two years old is quite old for a cat to be neutered, so his hormones might take even up to 6 months to totally leave his body.  It's not terribly old, though, but he might have the odd bit of TOMCAT behaviour that he's learned over the years that even without those pesky hormones may still carry on.  Just ask us for help with anything and we'll gladly offer possible solutions to any problems.  As @foxden
 says, he'll still be fertile for 4 weeksish.  He'll very soon stop being stinky though, you'll all be pleased to hear.  I had my Dudley done when he was just 3 months, before he became sexually mature, and so he basically didn't even notice the surgery and was bouncing about as normal the moment he got out of his carrier.  Oreo will take a wee while longer.  But you should see improvements in his behaviour within days.  I'm so excited for you all!  

:banana1:

As foxden says don't push him too hard to love you, take it at his pace.  Just do your homework with him in your bedroom, so that he knows you're there and he feels safe.  Offer him dangling bits of string and scrunched up bits of printing paper to ping across the room when he's feeling a bit brighter.  Those all important Dreamies will certainly get him onside. 

Don't stop looking, calling, and rattling Dreamies packets for Twix as often as possible.  It's just as well the weather is nice at the moment but you know what it's like here and we get cold snaps in April.  Did you rustle up some "lost cat" posters, I'm sure you could do one ever so quickly and easily what with your student skills, and print some off. 

We're all still praying for Twix's safe return. 

:alright:
Thanks for the help!

Oreo is being his normal self and is getting playful, he's like just "play with me!!"

I'm happy he's fine but also sad because Twix is still lost.

I've done everything I could to find her but she's nowhere to be seen..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Which clinic performed his surgery? What did they charge?

How did Oreo act in the pet taxi?