Giveaway: Two FREE Bergan Cat Turbo Scratchers!

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY--

Sometimes the kitties do something weird. One of them will come up to me, strike a pose, and meow insistently--and then walk away. Then another will come to me, strike the exact same  pose, meow insistently, and then walk way. I have no idea why they do this, but if I understood everything about them they wouldn't be cats.

View media item 341133

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY - Tiger :rbheart: fact: Tiger was a beautiful orange kitty, who was very fastidious and never over-ate. He kept his figure the entire time he was with us. It was a hot summer day, July or August of 1988 that we got him, still a kitten, probably a few months old. I saw him under our van that was parked on the street (I was 11 at the time), and without a thought I scooped him up, brought him into the downstairs hallway, and brought him food and water. I eventually talked my parents into letting us keep him.

Yoda :rbheart: fact: The same day that I got Tiger, someone brought over another kitten, a much younger one at that. In contrast with Tiger, who seemed very clean, this was a very dirty kitten with huge ears (which is how he got his name), and eyes that were not quite open yet. We think he may have been a few weeks old. Yeah, I had to talk my parents into letting me bring in two cats the same day, and somehow I did it. Also in contrast with Tiger, Yoda got to be quite the fat cat! He unfortunately only lived to be 8, being my very first kidney cat. But he was a very happy cat during his time on this earth :heart4:

janneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
Yesterday Boba lost his privilege of going out on the deck when he, without hesitation, took a flying leap from our second floor apartment after chomping on a couple of my seedlings. Thankfully he is a cat and landed like a pro.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY Eclipse is learning that rain means no walk.  He didn't ask to go out yesterday while it rained off and on. Today promises to be the same.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY - Delilah does not like to be held, but on days when I really need a hug she will tolerate it without complaint.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

our jaspurr, deedee, and punkin are very active during the late evening through morning hours, and sleep most of the daytime hours -- as many/most cats do! 
  so i'm seriously considering switching my sleep to mid-day to late evening, and then will be awake from late evening until around noon or 1pm the next day. 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY:

Snoop's appetite seems to be lacking somewhat today. I hope he is okay. :nod:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

I bolted up out of a dead sleep last night to the feel of whiskers softly brushing down the backs of my legs.  I narrowly avoided kicking a cat in sheer reflex!

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

ENTRY

our jaspurr, deedee, and punkin are very active during the late evening through morning hours, and sleep most of the daytime hours -- as many/most cats do! 
  so i'm seriously considering switching my sleep to mid-day to late evening, and then will be awake from late evening until around noon or 1pm the next day. 
Have you ever heard of polyphasic sleep? It's basically taking cat naps throughout the day instead of one long sleep. Some people do one long chunk of time at night and a couple small chunks in the day, some do lots of small chunks. You could even nap with the cats.....

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY--

For the most part Rose, mother of our other five cats, is aloof and only occasionally deigns to allow us the privilege of petting her. (She was a lot more affectionate as a kitten and before her kittens were born.) Sometimes though, she reverts and we'll wake up to see that sometime during the night she's decided to cuddle against us. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Sweet Thing 
once caught a garter snake and brought it into the house to play with it.  She was very offended when we took it away from her and tossed it to the other side of the little creek near our house so she couldn't get it back.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This giveaway is now officially closed for further submissions! Announcement of two lucky winners coming right up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

And we have our two winners!! View media item 340639

ENTRY

our jaspurr loves bugs, but especially loves ants. he doesn't want to play with or eat the ants, but instead sniffs them and then rolls on them with joyful abandon. 
Congratulations to our winners and THANK YOU everyone for entering and telling us all those cute things about your cats!