Giveaway: Two FREE Bergan Cat Turbo Scratchers!

caitini

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Fuzzy is on my lap staring up at me as I type this. Pierre is staring at his favourite thing - birds!

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY - Schmoo :rbheart: fact: Schmoo was truly a rescued kitty - my brother got a ladder, climbed up to the second floor window of a factory, where he was trapped between the screen and the window, and rescued him. It was a very hot weekend, and no one would be there till Monday. And it was raining that Friday night. You could hear him meowing all the from our house, he was so miserable. The guy that owned the place came by Monday after someone told him my brother had taken him. He refused to give him back. When the guy said he'd call the cops, my brother told him that he'd call the cops for animal abuse. And that was the end of that. For the next many years. He was the second cat we had upstairs in my life (we had quite a few "basement" cats, but up till then, only Diablo was upstairs). And so our pattern of rescuing kitties had started.

Tenny :rbheart: fact: Tenny was so named because she was our 10th cat. We learned a big lesson from her. For a long time, we figured it was ok to only neuter the males, and leave the girls intact. It took two to tango, and if one was out of commission, we were fine - right? Well, when Tenny was maybe... 7 years old?... we noticed she started getting bigger and a bit rounder. We had no intact males, but she definitely looked pregnant. There was the possibility that a feral had snuck in one day apparently, so that sealed the deal for us. We took her to the vet, who did an x-ray, and it even looked like she had kittens in her.

Well, the weeks went by, and no babies, no labor, nothing. We had a bad feelings the kittens may be dead. Took her back to the vet, another x-ray, and it didn't look the same at all, which led the vet to believe they had died also. Had to do an emergency spay on her that night. Turns out, there were no kittens at all, which shocked all of us. But she had a horrible case of pyometria.

After that experience, ALL of our cats got fixed. Girls included.

luna tuna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

I woke up this morning with Luna on my chest, purring. It was the best morning all week :)

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY--

Sometimes, when the cats are tired of sleeping on the floor or in their boxes, they'll steal an empty bed for themselves. 

View media item 340930
Here (from left to right) are Ra, Princess, and Asia.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY Fluffy is becoming more insistent on my going to bed at 9pm.  She sits by my feet and meows at me until I follow her upstairs.  If I get distracted she comes back to get me.

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY - The most vigorous exercise Delilah gets all day is when I open the sliding glass door a crack and she tries and tries with all her kitty might to open it the rest of the way. She does not succeed.

gothikitten

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Entry

Piston has bern super mopey sonce yesterday when i broke my leg. He keeps sniffing the cast and making this heartbreaking meow. He has even purred loudly while cuddling the leg and he isnt really a loud purring cat. God bless him for trying to heal me though.

janneb

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
Boba likes to take visits to the park in his harness.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Entry

Piston has bern super mopey sonce yesterday when i broke my leg. He keeps sniffing the cast and making this heartbreaking meow. He has even purred loudly while cuddling the leg and he isnt really a loud purring cat. God bless him for trying to heal me though.
Hey @gothikitten  , Piston is a really 'good' kitty and using some very real powers there:  aparently there is now strong scientific evidence that the vibration of a cat purring has a healing effect on bone, so much so that the sound/vibration has been replicated and used by doctors!  Our cats really do have the power to heal us. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry

For some reason the frequencies of purring are good for broken bones.  He may be doing more for you than you know.

Sorry to hear about the broken leg.  That sucks.

Margret

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

our jaspurr is enjoying his 'second kittenhood'! he plays with the girls (now just a handful of days short of 8 months old), and will make some of those cute kitten moves like they do. 

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

Sweet Thing once managed to press CTL-ALT-DEL on the keyboard of the desktop computer.  She never could figure out why she was banned from the computer room after that.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

Mouse seems to have perfected the paw action of standing on the 'on/off' button on my lap top.  
  He does it with my TV too.   
    The next appliances I buy I'm going to be checking for controls on the front / sides and if he manages to work them I will be afraid, very afraid.  

JMJimmy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ENTRY - Count yourselves lucky that that's all your kitties do to your computer... yesterday I found mine covered in cat urine.  Our kitties are still learning that spraying only happens outside.