Giveaway: Free Amazing Scratcher By Art Motion & Sound!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY

All the kids would love to have it and it would look so pretty with the rest of their things that dominate the living room!

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
ENTRY-9

Why am I up listening to the roosters crow??? Could it be because I hear strange noises throughout my house? Sounds that I do not recognize? Quick! Grab the gun!!! Who is in my house??? Or,what ?? Ahhhhhh!

Oh ....oh.....wheeew! It's just the cats......making the most awful noises by clawing things they shouldn't be!!!

And THIS is why we desperately need this very scratcher!!!

They'd get their "claw fix" at a reasonable hour,stay asleep with mommy and daddy,and dream about the morning when they get to attack the awesome post person again!!!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY - Our scratchers aren't in the best of shape either. I know the girls would love a new scratcher!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY- I would LOVE to have a new scratcher for my 3 boys because they DO use them with more enthusiasm then seems possible in their sloth like winter behavior pattern, and  it definitely saves a lot of screaming, "NO, NO, USE YOUR SCRATCHER, NOT MY BRAND NEW COUCH!!!!"    

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY--

Why are normal scratchers made with a cardboard tube inside? They don't last long at all!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ENTRY

The good news is that she is not further destroying the love seat (and there is no new love seat in the budget, nor is there a sofa in the living room, just love seat and two chairs).  The bad news is that she is currently swinging from the curtains.  I THOUGHT WE WERE OVER THAT!

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY Mabel has decided to start using the stairs and the railing to scratch. We rent our house and I don't want to have to replace things when we move out. I think this scratching post would really help.

lmj1954

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats have 2 Turbo scratchers, for at least the past 5 years. They take the cardboard round inserts and last a long time, one side gets worn out

I flip it over as it has 2 sides. I buy replacement inserts on Amazon for cheap. The one we are all doing entries to win, I would like one to put in

my living room next to my new furniture because of 1 cat who thinks the furniture is for her to do her claws.  

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
Entry

Kitties need a quality scratcher :D

felyne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
ENTRY
My hooman sez dey should make living room fur-niture out of dese. Dis amazing cat scratcher is a gud start.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
ENTRY:  Paul and Chula are literally climbing the walls in hopes they will win this fine scratching post!

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I made several prototypes with cardboard tubes. There are really good reasons to use cardboard tubes:
1) Good quality, heavy duty tubes are available free at many warehouses (they are used in rolls of plastic wrap which most shippers use a LOT of.)

2) Using recycled materials is very appealing.

3) They are light, which keeps the shipping costs down - a concern with heavy scratchers.

Unfortunately, there are serious problems too:

1) Unless the cardboard tube is very thick, it won't last (as you stated,) even thick tubes absorb moisture over time and begin to break down and/or get moldy.

2) If a cat sprays a cardboard tube scratcher - there is no way to ever get the smell out.

3) Lastly (and to me the worst problem,) many cardboard tubes are held together with toxic glues which get into the tips of claws (even with thick sisal rope the tips of claws contact the the inner part of scratchers,) then onto paws and are subsequently ingested when the cat grooms. I found that even when buying new cardboard tubes, manufacturers are often reluctant to reveal the glues they use.

Here is an early prototype I made when experimenting with cardboard:
View media item 324873

View media item 324874

I ended up using only solid woods for durability and to avoid any possibility of toxins. Bad enough I still worry about the foods we feed Makena and Lilia (after the melamine problems in 2007) I don't want to have to worry about scratchers too.

That was a good question. I am going to include this info on the website in the What Makes Our Scratchers Different page, thanks! 

Good luck!

Eric 
Wow Eric what wonderful information! I had no idea that there were such dangers available to our cats through certain posts. This is so disheartening. I appreciate the question being asked and for your knowledgeable and timely answer. Thank you also for taking the time to care about your products being safely made and also enjoyable! Your care for felines is so refreshing!
[emoji]10084[/emoji]️Glory

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ENTRY ENTRY ENTRY-10!!!
Yay I made it! Last day to post before the big contest winner is announced and I'm just super excited !!!![emoji]128512[/emoji][emoji]128540[/emoji][emoji]128579[/emoji][emoji]128525[/emoji][emoji]129303[/emoji][emoji]128561[/emoji][emoji]128523[/emoji][emoji]128515[/emoji][emoji]128519[/emoji]

Ok so my final because......my heart has wanted to not only treat my babies with something so special,but to provide them a practical gift. They'd have a blast with this beauty and have a proper place to sharpen their claws. They've been in need of just a scratching post for many months now. And because it's all I can ever afford,I just keep buying the raggedy versions. I wanted this time to be special. For them. I mean yes,I'd appreciate it because it would be made just for that. And I'd never have to call them off of another surface. They've always been so well behaved when they've had a half way decent post. For them to be allowed to tap into their inner wild cat,let those instincts break free and release that pent up energy and wild side that just wants to "attack"! I do not want me not being able to afford a proper one be the reason they have to go without. All cats should be able to experience their feline nature without getting yelled at because it's not the "right thing" to be scratching. And I feel so bad for my babies that's it's currently this way. So I've been trying to save. Either way,at some point,my sons and my new daughter will have a very elegant but tough post! One that they can just unleash their inner lion and lioness on! I'd just be so so blessed if it were one of these!!! And it would make this mother smile so deep down into the depths of her heart to be able to provide such a special gift to the three bundles of fur that give my life such a special meaning daily. They are truly my children. And they deserve the best!

Thank you again to all who have put this together. It's been super fun and good luck to everyone trying to also give their babies the very best!

[emoji]10084[/emoji]️Glory

[emoji]128008[/emoji] Austin Taylor [emoji]128008[/emoji] Sam Elliot [emoji]128008[/emoji] Gracey May

Last edited:

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ENTRY

It would be nice to have something this nice to give to my two huge boys for their upcoming birthday. They will both be two years old April 22nd. Not really sure I could hold back until then, so... if I (we) win, it would be a perfect Valentine gift for the two loves of my life! 

Good luck to everyone who has entered!

Fyllis

Kricket & Keeker