Getting ready for kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jjbutterfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I warmed it, and did all of above. The kittens themselves weren't having it and neither was mom.

jjbutterfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went back and looked at the weights I did them out of normal order today. One kitten has gained almost an entire ounce (the one that weighted the least this morning) while the others maybe gained a 10th of an ounce or so. Or stayed where they were this morning.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
jjbutterfly jjbutterfly

If they are all around 8 ounces at one week old and no one has lost weight, they are fine and do not need supplementing.

They are only supposed to weigh one pound, which is 16 ounces, at four weeks old, so they are already halfway there. More is fine, but for now, your kittens are doing well. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How exciting when eyes begin to open and purring begins[emoji]128149[/emoji].

jjbutterfly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kittens are all doing well but I have a question, I got momma spayed yesterday (kittens are eating on their own and using the litterbox) yesterday I brought her home from her spay on Thursday and she is hissing and growling at her kittens. I know she is uncomfortable but it doesn't seem to be letting up. How long is this normal for? Or is it? They haven't tried to nurse or anything she's even hissing and growling at them when they are off playing and not trying to even socalize with her

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's probably in pain. Did they give you pain medicine for her? It's usually recommended for the first 3 days. If not, you may want to call the vet & ask to pick some up.

You also may want to put her in her own room for a couple of days until she feels better.