Get your bootie out of the broom closet!!!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Princess Purr
And wiccan has nothing to do with being wicked. We have one main rule, to harm none.
That's why I could never be wiccan... I'm too wicked! I hope you didn't think I was implying that a wiccan is wicked. I was saying they are probably better then me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by mzjazz2u
That's why I could never be wiccan... I'm too wicked! I hope you didn't think I was implying that a wiccan is wicked. I was saying they are probably better then me!
your not wicked!
I knew what you ment, I just didn't want anyone else to take it the wrong way

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Princess Purr
your not wicked!
I knew what you ment, I just didn't want anyone else to take it the wrong way
<Whew!> Thanks! I was afraid I was taken wrong and I sure don't want that to happen!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
Hey, in New England, "wicked" is a compliment!
As in, that's wicked cool. (Think Pete's Wicked Ale, too!)
Hey, yeah! I've heard that before too! Thanks for reminding me. I must be cool!

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
An old, old song about the grain harvest (NOT about a person!)

There were three men came out of the west
Their fortunes for to try,
And these three men made a solemn vow
John Barleycorn must die.

They've ploughed, they've sown, they've harrowed him in
Threw clods upon his head,
And these three men made a solemn vow
John Barleycorn was dead.

The let him lie for a very long time
Till the rains from Heaven did fall,
And little Sir John sprung up his head
And so amazed them all.

They've let him stand till Midsummer's day,
Till he looked both pale and wan.
And little Sir John's grown a long, long beard
And so become a man.

They've hired men with the scythes so sharp,
To cut him off at the knee,
They've rolled him and tied him by the waist,
Serving him most barb'rously.

They've hired men with the sharp pitchforks,
Who pricked him through the heart
And the loader, he has served him worse than that,
For he's bound him to the cart.

They've wheeled him around and around a field,
Till they came unto a barn,
And there they made a solemn oath
On poor John Barleycorn

They've hired men with the crab-tree sticks,
To cut him skin from bone,
And the miller, he has served him worse than that,
For he's ground him between two stones.

And little Sir John and the nut brown bowl
And his brandy in the glass
And little Sir John and the nut brown bowl
Proved the strongest man at last

The huntsman, he can't hunt the fox
Nor so loudly to blow his horn,
And the tinker, he can't mend kettle nor pots
without a little barley corn

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not Wiccan, but I've studied it. I like a lot of the ideas.

One of my roommates in college was Wiccan and she'd cast love spells on guys and they worked every darn time! After that, if she drew up a circle in the middle of the room I wouldn't touch it, especially since I knew nothing about it.

One of my favorite books on the subject, though, is by Marion Weinstein. I'd always been good reading tarot before that book, but afterwards it was incredible. And no, I don't read tarot for anyone. I don't like it.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the Aquarian Deck. I've had it for almost 20 years now. I'd like another deck, but I haven't been able to find a design that appeals to me.

When I look at the cards I try to clear out my mind and let their images "speak" to me. I no longer use the "Prophetess=suchandsuch" method. I did in the beginning and I got some pretty hilarious results. My readings are so much truer the way I do it now. I actually saw that the man I dated before I met my husband would come into my life and try to destroy me, but I tried to ignore the reading. Stupid, eh?

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
But if you know your deck you already know all these. I'm sure they factor into my readings, but I don't have a book or paper sitting there telling me what they mean anymore. It took a while to get over that handicap.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really want to start doing tarot cards. I find it very interesting. My friend has a deck and she was teaching me alittle.

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, when I was actively doing readings I forced myself to learn the meanings of the cards and how to recognize those meanings using the pictures themselves. Then what I do is let those pictures and meanings talk to me and tell me what they mean in that reading.

For example (and please forgive any mistakes, I haven't actively read for about 6 years)--Death can mean rebirth, but when you're asking the question about your job--what does it mean there? New job? New career? New position? New people at work? The industry goes kersplatt? What about this question does this card actually mean? In one case it meant that I was going to move to SD and get a new job. In another it meant that I was going to resign, but the owner of the company was going to do anything to get me back (including firing my boss). On the second case I misread it and thought that it meant I was going back to graduate school on the first one, I knew I was going to get a new job (just not where).

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Found this from a link on the Compuserve astrology forum. I have edited it to take out the "technical" stuff; for those who are interested, the entire article is at the linked posted below. The notes bracked in asterisks are mine. ~Sue

YEAR 2003 FORECAST HIGHLIGHTS
Â[emoji]169[/emoji]2002 by Richard Nolle
last revised UT 01:40 JAN 1, 2003
http://www.astropro.com/forecast/predict/2003-all.html

Mars - named for the Roman warrior god and root of the word martial - is emphasized this year as never before in recorded history. When the Red Planet stands in opposition to the Sun at the end of August 2003, it will be just over 34-1/2 million miles from Earth - the closest these two planets have been in over 70,000 years. This is the culmination of a cosmic cycle which has been building toward a climax since the Neanderthals shared the planet with our ancestors. That's what happens this summer, when Mars will loom brighter in the night sky than all the stars, outshone only by the Moon and Venus.

An extreme Mars like this, in astrology, points to all things martial coming to a peak here on Earth. While Mars certainly has some positive astrological connotations (courage, ardor, competition, ambition, strength, etc.), the negatives are a bit on the scary side: war, assault, attack, brutality, violence, etc.

January 14 brings Mars to the opposition point of the November 20, 2002 lunar eclipse. Another Mars-eclipse activation follows in short order on February 4. Astrological tradition holds that, around these dates, the headlines will be replete with reports of conflict on both the personal and collective levels. From street crime to murder and mayhem, to terrorism and military posturing and outright war, these are perilous times. Danger happens not only by design, but also by mishap under these Mars configurations: accidents, fires, crashes and explosions are par for the course. Look for all of them to make headlines within a few days either way of the many significant Mars phenomena of 2003.

***On 2/1/03, the Space Shuttle Columbia exploded over Texas***

Although anyone could be a potential target at times like these, there are a couple of astrological indicators that seem to fit the obvious trend toward another US-Iraq war. For one thing, the January 14 Mars-eclipse pass is in direct opposition to the Moon in Iraq's independence chart, and right on the ascendant in the US Constitution horoscope. For another, the February 4 Mars-eclipse pass falls on the ascendant in the US Declaration of Independence chart. The combination of the two looks for all the world like a sign of Gulf War II - or else a coup to overthrow Saddam Hussein in hopes of preventing a US attack. Either way, late January to early February looks like a time of peril for Iraq and the US.

**Gulf War II started in February***

The really big Mars deal doesn't happen until the Sun-Mars opposition at the end of August. Whoever thinks a swiftly concluded Persian Gulf War II settles the world into a Pax Americana early in 2003 is tragically mistaken. This late summer super Mars thing says peace and quiet remains far away, that danger and conflict are close at hand.

Among the national targets must be counted Argentina, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Mexico (death in plain sight), Russia, the UK, the US and Venezuela. Canada is especially singled out, it seems to me, because the 1867 independence chart features a Virgo-Pisces Mars-Jupiter opposition: labor strife, a crime spree, a public health crisis of some kind. And of course there's the US, where as noted President Bush's natal Mars is in the crosshairs (also the Sun-Saturn conjunction in the US Constitution chart).

jmvito

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would have never guessed there were so many on this board. Count me in ... solitary eclectic witch.

jmvito

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Has anyone encountered their spirit guide(s)? Mine is named Abby. I saw her once when I was about 12 years old. She came to me one afternoon when I was in my room reading. She came right through my bedroom door and sat on my bed right next to me. She didn't say a word. Scared the daylights out of me. I had forgotten all about her until 2 years ago, after my husband died. Then she came back to me. She said I didn't need her until that moment in my life when he died. She feels closer to me than my own sister.

Would love to hear your stories!

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my hubby ment his when he was younger. His name is michael. He has dark hair and blue eyes. Got him out of alot of trouble when he was a kid. I'm a big chicken and don't like to "see" things. I just feel things. So i have never seen or ment mine. I can pick up when there is an energy shift though. My husband is very good at this sort of stuff. I'm still learning. he says i'm a baby soul, I don't think so!
he is a very old soul

ttmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine is Russell. Noticed him in college when I was playing around with a Ouija board (which I no longer do). Had a very spiritual experience with him about 3 or 4 years ago in which I had a wonderful epiphany regarding my own beliefs.

jmvito

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband was also a very old soul. A psychic friend of mine told me that the mortal life he left 2 years ago was his last mortal life. She told me that this is also my last mortal life.

I briefly saw my spirit guide. She came through my bedroom door and I looked up because I thought my sister, Jan, had come into my room. Well, I caught a brief glimpse of her and she vanished. She had long, golden, flowing hair, and was wearing a white gown. She glowed a silvery white and had a beautiful rainbow aura. She sparkled and radiated like nothing I ever saw before. About an hour later, I was still laying on the bed totally engrossed in my Nancy Drew novel, when I felt part of the mattress "sink" like someone just sat down. I didn't see anyone, but I just knew it was this woman that came through the door earlier. That was 28 or so years ago. I've never forgotten that moment. Like I said, it wasn't until 2 years ago when I realized what that experience was all about. I've never seen her since that day, but now I realize she's been with me ever since. She is my sister in spirit, and she guides me through the tough times in my life. I've always been an intuitive person. Some things I just know. People ask me all the time, "how did you know that?" I tell them it's just a lucky guess, but only I know the truth ... it's Abby.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a Spirit Guide per se, but my father's spirit has never left me since shortly after he died. At times, I can very clearly smell the nasty cigars he used to smoke, in circumstances where I couldn't possibly be smelling someone else's cigar. I dream of him a lot, but they're not "dreams", they are he and I sitting down talking about problems in my life, or issues with my mom and sisters, and discussing how I can deal with them. I awake feeling as if I have just been sitting having a real conversation with him, and I know on some level that is exactly what has happened. Sometimes, when my mom is particularly depressed or ill, I ask him to send her a dream. Sure enough, she calls me a few days later to tell me about the dream she had about my dad...

jmvito

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love dreaming; most of the time. Sometimes I dream some doozies. I've gotten fairly good at intrepreting my dreams. I don't like to specifically interpret other's dreams, because I believe we each have our own personal dream-lingo (symbols.) I help identify symbols, and provide suggestions for what the symbols could represent. I also help people understand what emotions colors represent, but in the end, I let them draw their own conclusions.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me and rich (my hubby) dream the same dreams alot. When we wake up we can talk about them and know what was going on. It is kinda weird. Last night we both had the same dream that we were back in eigth grade. It was funny because when he woke up he said did you have any dream, and i said yep a weird one that you were in we were back in school, and he said eight grade right?