Get your bootie out of the broom closet!!!

kidsncats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't think I fit Pagan or Wiccan. I'm what I jokingly called a Heidiist when I was younger. I take a little here and a little there and call it mine. I actually had a long conversation about religion with my VERY devout espicopalian(sp?)grandmother a few days ago. She point blank asked what my beliefs were, I told her fully expecting an explosion. She really surprised me. What the conversation boiled down to was that I do my best not to hurt anyone and that's what counts. I'm still tearing up over it.

I think that Grandma has really thought about her beliefs(that pretty much leaned toward fire and brimstone) since my mom(her daughter) passed. Mom was an incredibly loving, caring woman. She couldn't bear to see an animal in pain, and helped whenever, however she could. She would do almost anything to help someone given they were making some attempt to help themselves, and sometimes even if they weren't. Grandma refuses point blank to believe that she is in Hell despite the fact Mom wasn't religious at all. (Mom was a leukemia patient who endured extensive chemo, a bone marrow transplant, and had two strokes before finally letting go.)

Ugh, now I'm really crying. Point I'm trying to make is that it is truly what we do, not what we think that dictates what comes next for us.

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, anyone making preparations for Samhain (Halloween) yet?

We keep driving by places selling pumpkins and saying, "we really need to get some soon" but haven't yet. Probably will this weekend.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Fiancee is an Irish Druid.
I was raised Christian, but used to study Wicca and really liked it, but my mom destroyed everything I had and watched me like a hawk and said I was satanic. Now I'm stuck in a middle ground not certain of what my true path is.

skykitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I fooled around with Wicca when I was very young and decided to let it go as I couldn't find anyone else that was interested in it. For the past 4 years I've been reading more books about it and I think that I would like to learn more about Candle Magick.

I've never hurt anyone but someone did put a "Jar" on me but I got help from an online friend and the "Jar" was turned on the person who put it on me in the first place. Then she constantly threatened me via email and did quite a bit of stalking on the game site that I frequent. I reported her and her friend for stalking and their regular names were taken away.

I think they got their just rewards by hurting me. Like the saying goes, "What comes around goes around." I'm not sure if this is part of the same saying, "But what ever you dish out will come back to you tenfold."

I think they got their's back tenfold.

I've mentioned before on the site that I'm Catholic/Orthodox, that's just baptism!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I personally try to avoid anything that has magic with a k. It might just be me being silly but as soon as I see that I think that it is focusing more on trying to be trending then the actually faith. As soon as i see Magik or Magick something just clicks and I don't want anything to do with it