Gas Prices?

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was whining about paying $2.45 a gallon on Monday. I drive less than 5 miles each way to/from work, so a tank usually lasts me close to a month in my Honda...guess I should just shut up!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its up to $2.55 here... it was just $2.49 the other day

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We pay between $3.15 and $3.95 a gallon in San Diego. It varies that much everyday and depending on which gas station you go to. We have stock in a few oil wells in texas and arkansa that my DH's father bought years ago when he was working for the oil company. The bigest check we have ever gotton was $120.00. We want to know where all the money is going. Oh yea it lining the pocets of the CEOS.

http://www.democrats.org/a/2006/08/special_interes.php
One year ago, President Bush signed the Republican energy bill, giving $8 billion in tax breaks to energy companies. Since then, the American people continue to struggle just to fill up their gas tanks, as gas prices are up 65 percent. Energy companies, who have given generously to the Bush White House and Republicans in Congress, have realized record earnings. This year, three of the largest oil companies reported nearly $30 billion in income while their CEOs made millions.

techiegirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I was whining about paying $2.45 a gallon on Monday. I drive less than 5 miles each way to/from work, so a tank usually lasts me close to a month in my Honda...guess I should just shut up!
Indeed you should!!! \t

lol

catsrnmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the last time I looked it was $2.45/gallon here..which is about $2.00 to much in my opinion..

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chichismom

When i filled up last week, it was $ 1. 49

this week it has went up to $1. 69 so I'll be topping my tank off before the weekend price gouge. I'm sure it'll be up to 3 bucks by then
Where do you live????? I haven't see that price for the last 4-5 years!!!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really not looking forward to having to have a car to drive out to my teaching job next year. How do they not have sidewalks on some of their major roads which I could use to walk from the train station?! Oh, the suburbs.