• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DRIVEN

I also hope you're right!
I hope so too!

I remember last summer it dropped all the way down to $1.49 for like a week or something like that - that was awesome, but I know it'll never get THAT low again!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i just had someone email this link to me, to find lowest gas prices in your area: MSN Autos
might not work for everyone, but it did for me!

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
well in Southern California it is now $3.02 a gallon

They said last night on the news to expect close to $4.00 in the next month and higher than that by summer.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

They said last night on the news to expect close to $4.00 in the next month and higher than that by summer.
Oh goodness, $4!?

I'd be walking my butt EVERYWHERE!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Wow~thats just ridiculous!! I just checked ours again and it is up to $2.89 now......whens it gonna end!?

staciej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are times in life when there needs to be more corn grown and this is one of them!

Gas prices were 2.98 at the station I filled up, one of the cheapest in Katy because of the location, etc. I filled it there eventhough I hate conco!

The reason gas prices are so high is because there's a shortage of ethnol and it was put into law earlier that all gas as to have ethnol, which comes from corn. Mostly it's a way to "give back to farmers" and no other reason.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I just paid $3.09 in So calif
It's way out of line now

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So it was $3.02 at the local gas station yesterday. We just got home and stopped to get gas from the same store and it had gone up to $3.07. In ONE day!

We plan on getting bikes or walking everywhere in the near future. There is no way we can afford to put gas in the car anymore. At this rate one full tank of gas will cost more than rent!

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just found a new apartment that is closer to everything. We can walk to the grocery store, movie theater, video rental place, etc. It's also closer to the highway we both use to get to work and it's right on a bus line for other trips. Thank goodness! Gas is 3$ here. I'm glad I bought that Hyundai Accent!!! 45 miles to the gallon on the high way.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheesh!! I drove by the Arco station going home from work and it was $3.05 for unleaded!!! That is rediculous! How do they expect people to afford gas when they are just barely making it as it is now??

psy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was 3.10 a gallon here yesterday when i drove past the chevron. Here is the central coast of california.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Sheesh!! I drove by the Arco station going home from work and it was $3.05 for unleaded!!! That is rediculous! How do they expect people to afford gas when they are just barely making it as it is now??
Gas is going up here today (at least thats what the lady @ the gas station told me the other day!) So I'm sure it'll be up to at least $3 a gallon - as of this morning, it was $2.81 - so I'm betting by noon or 5 pm it will be at least $2.91! YIKES!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was $2.96 here on the way in to work, but that was 5:00 AM. I bet it will be over $3.00 by the time I leave.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittergirl

It was $2.96 here on the way in to work, but that was 5:00 AM. I bet it will be over $3.00 by the time I leave.
Yuck

I told my boss that I am going to start taking the Work Shuttle back and forth to work pretty soon!

We have a shuttle service that picks up customers and stuff - I am gonna start calling him in the morning to save gas $$ for myself!

Too bad that probly wouldn't work!