Game - I've done this; have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
I had to be given blood during an emergency surgery, it was a life-saver.

Due to a cardiac condition, I can't donate blood anymore, although I used to, being so grateful after my experience that there are people out there that do.  Do you donate blood or blood products?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I'm a tall woman with teeny weeny veins. Last time I tried only half the amount dribbled out so it was aborted.

Have you ever fainted?

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have! Twice.

I chased someone with my rifle once. For real! There was a guy who flashed me his whatnots at me, so I ran back inside my house and grabbed my rifle to chase him. My boss at the moment even asked me the next day "Where were you going to shoot exactly?" Me: Well, he flashed me, where do you think I was going to shoot?

Too bad he got away though.

ANYWAY! Ever did something like that?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have no guns in the house though I would have no qualms about getting one, if needed.

Have you ever been mugged?

moorspede

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the definition of mugging is to beat someone up to steal that person's money. No. 

Have you ever knocked your head on something so hard you saw stars?

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Yes! Once not long ago, when we were doing our intro of Shortstack into the household, I whacked my head on the highest baby gate blocking his doorway. Nearly knocked myself out!
Have you ever had a concussion? I had one due to a vehicle crash.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, due to a car crash. I flipped the car twice, end over end, and, during the third flip, I hit a corner of a house. I was lucky that a concussion was all I had. That and slivers of glass in my cheek. No seat belt.

Have you ever gone to a spa?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, due to a car crash. I flipped the car twice, end over end, and, during the third flip, I hit a corner of a house. I was lucky that a concussion was all I had. That and slivers of glass in my cheek. No seat belt.

Have you ever gone to a spa?
​No, I never have. There's "day spas" all over the place, though.

Ever plant "Dutch" flower bulbs, e.g., tulips, hyacinths, etc? When I lived in Ohio I did and they were wonderful, especially the hyacinths.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
I have planted tulips and hyacinths, the tulips were beautiful, but then something ate my bulbs.  I'm guessing voles.  We have an abundance of them.

I have the best luck (flower-wise) with roses.  Anyone else plant roses?  I love my knock-out rose bushes.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have planted tulips and hyacinths, the tulips were beautiful, but then something ate my bulbs.  I'm guessing voles.  We have an abundance of them.

I have the best luck (flower-wise) with roses.  Anyone else plant roses?  I love my knock-out rose bushes.
​I planted roses, lots of them, when I first moved into my house. Now the palms have grown up and I've dug them out and given them to a lady friend. (My garden isn't sunny enough for roses any more.)

Ever grow Roma tomatoes, for sauces? SO good. A lot of work to harvest, but worth it.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I have grown different varieties. I don't remember if I grew those. They do make great sauce! I found seashell compost seems to agree with them the best but it's hard to find now.

Have you gone swimming in the ocean on the east side of US? I have in Ma, NH and ME. The water up in maine in old orchard beach maine was warmer than the water in Hamption/Rye beach in NH.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I have grown different varieties. I don't remember if I grew those. They do make great sauce! I found seashell compost seems to agree with them the best but it's hard to find now.

Have you gone swimming in the ocean on the east side of US? I have in Ma, NH and ME. The water up in maine in old orchard beach maine was warmer than the water in Hamption/Rye beach in NH.
​Back in the 1970s my family and I traveled to Delaware for vacation a couple of years in a row. A fine time had by all.

Ever gone swimming in the Great Lakes? I have, in Lake Erie. It was much cleaner in the 1980s than twenty years before then, a good thing. Lots of fish, too, though not like in primeval times.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No. I have never seen any of them. 

Ever visit Teddy Roosevelt's home in Sagamore Hill, NY? I went with my elementary school many years ago. 

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
​I've never visited Mark Twain's house, but I have visited the Edison Estate in Fort Myers Florida. Have you?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Been to Fort Myers, but never heard of it. Edison as in Thomas?

Have you ever been to Europe?

Last edited:

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could not pay me to visit China. The way they treat animals is barbaric.

Have you ever been to the
Vatican?

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes.  I saw the art works there.

Have you ever kayaked or canoed through whitewater rapids?  I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.