Game - I've done this; have you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bing bars are cherry nougat covered with nuts and chocolate. They're only sold in the midwest---I have some customers who mail them to their friends and family on the coasts :lol3:. I don't like them, cherry nougat, bleh.

Have I ever eaten ramen with anything other than chopsticks? That's the real question. Hmm, probably not. It's just wrong to use a fork for ramen ;).

Have you ever eaten ice cream (or any treat) at an old-fashioned soda shop?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bing bars sound good

Most definitely I have eaten at a soda fountain. Love places like that.

Have you ever eaten steak tartare?

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope. My husband eats it on sandwiches fairly often though. I think there's some in my fridge right now.

Have you eaten at a 3 Michelin star restaurant?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No but we did stay at a Days Inn on notorious OBT in Orlando. That's where the cream of Orlando society hangs out. The "self employed pharmacists" and "personal companions" hang out on that street. This was during hurricane Matthew so even they took some time off. We never saw them but we did not venture out after dark

Have you ever been to a cat cafe or one that allows dogs that are not service animals?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No but we did stay at a Days Inn on notorious OBT in Orlando. That's where the cream of Orlando society hangs out. The "self employed pharmacists" and "personal companions" hang out on that street. This was during hurricane Matthew so even they took some time off. We never saw them but we did not venture out after dark

Have you ever been to a cat cafe or one that allows dogs that are not service animals?
"​Self employed pharmacists"! LOL

Never been to a cat café, etc.

Have you ever heard the love call of a mountain lion? Sounds a bit like Christina Augilera being tortured to death accompanied by sawing logs. That was in San Bernardino in 1987. Dog heard first, and she was very very unnerved . . . .

hbunny

Cat herder - Pooper Scooper
Super Cat
Purraise
No, but we have bobcats and when I was a child we had what the old people called "painter cats"...panthers...that screamed like a tortured woman.  The bobcats, not so much. 

Nothing gives me the heebie jeebies worse than a barn owl if I'm outside the house alone at night in the dark.  We have a couple of barn owls that make noises like demons from hell screeching.  Have you ever heard a barn owl?  Been spooked by one??

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

No, but we have bobcats and when I was a child we had what the old people called "painter cats"...panthers...that screamed like a tortured woman.  The bobcats, not so much. 

Nothing gives me the heebie jeebies worse than a barn owl if I'm outside the house alone at night in the dark.  We have a couple of barn owls that make noises like demons from hell screeching.  Have you ever heard a barn owl?  Been spooked by one??
Never been spooked by one, but it's easy to understand why someone might be.

Screech owls live up to their name. Great Horned Owls also let loose a scream in the night that'll chill ye' blood. They breed in the winter, when you don't expect noises like that.

I live in a place where the raptors are relatively abundant. Ever see the mating ritual of a Red-Tailed Hawk, male and female circling till dots in the sky, then plunging, claws grappling to separate and do it all again, 40 feet above the ground. Repeat, mate in a tree. (Scream, triumph, relief?)

Ever witness? Bald eagles, and other raptors do that too.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but I've seen bald eagles roosting.

On this inauguration day, I'm reminded of the first one I saw. We watched the parade from my Dad's office, which was on Pennsylvania Ave. We saw Truman's car turn the corner in front of us. Have you ever seen a presidential inauguration in person?

Last edited:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, but I've seen bald eagles roosting.

On this inauguration day, I'm reminded of the first one I saw. We watched the parade from my Dad's office, which was on Pennsylvania Ave. We saw Truman's car turn the corner in front of us. Have you ever seen a presidential inauguration in person?
Was Mr. Truman the bald eagle you saw?

LOL

I've never seen a presidential inauguration in person. I've never even watched one on TV.

Once upon a time, I climbed the Verdugo Mountains behind Burbank, California, and went to answer Nature's (very​ strident) call behind some pine trees. Ahhh, relief!

Water balloon, deflating!

Wait a minute . . .

Is that a big rattlesnake?

A hiss and thrash showed it was, and it was very annoyed at the golden shower I had just given it.

Ever surprise or annoy  a poisonous snake of any kind?

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Yes, many, many times.  We have an abundance of water moccasins, copperheads, and the occasional rattler here.  I have surprised them and they have surprised me, just luckily I haven't been bitten.  My ex did get bitten on the 4th of July in our yard one year.  It was a nasty experience for him.  Looking back, good for the snake!

Have you ever had a poisonous animal or insect bite?  I have had a brown recluse bite that I've carried a scar from for 45 years.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, many, many times.  We have an abundance of water moccasins, copperheads, and the occasional rattler here.  I have surprised them and they have surprised me, just luckily I haven't been bitten.  My ex did get bitten on the 4th of July in our yard one year.  It was a nasty experience for him.  Looking back, good for the snake!

Have you ever had a poisonous animal or insect bite?  I have had a brown recluse bite that I've carried a scar from for 45 years.
​LOL about your ex. Good riddance it appears.

Hmm. Depends on how far down the line you want to go. I've had many bee stings, wasp stings.

As for snakes, ticks, spiders, none. Thank heaven. Brown recluse is nasty, and it's benign-looking.

Have you ever literally kicked a hornets', bees or other nasty insect nest? I once tackled a kid playing football into a yellow jacket (ground hornet) nest. He ran and I heard a buzz and got stung. Ouch.

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Not kicked one...but I ran over a yellowjacket nest in the ground once with a lawn mower and was swarmed.  Pain, pain, pain.

Have you ever been "finned" by a fish?  I did as a small child.  Deep, nasty cut in my hand.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, a beastly little dog bit the back of my calf when I was delivering mail :mad:. I suppose it was my own fault; we're not supposed to go up to houses with dogs tied near the door.

Have you ever seen a bald eagle nest? I know where one is, but I need binoculars to see it because it's on private property way off the road.

Last edited:

hbunny

Super Cat
Purraise
Too many to count.  I've had 5 abdominal surgeries and multiple cuts that have needed stitches.  Just had a skin lesion removed, so there was 5 more stitches.

Have you ever had surgeries?

Status
Not open for further replies.