Friend of Ferals Award Badge - Apply Here

catlady2013

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I would like to have a friends of ferals badge please.  I've helped over 100 cats over the past 20 years.  I work with a rescue called friends of ferals so this badge seems fitting.  I live in the country and people dump their unwanted cats in my yard and drive away.  Most of these cats are not neutered so I either try to get the DCFoF rescue to take them or I get them fixed and feed/care for them myself.  I would be honored to have one of these badges.  I hope we can use them as our signature here.

Donna

Last edited:

catsfurme

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Off and on for my entire life I have fed, adopted or found homes for stray/feral cats.  

I was always amazed at the number of pet owners who would abandon or drop their pets in another neighborhood thinking someone would pick up where they left off.  It's just so cruel.

For the past 10 years I have cared for feral, stray or abandoned cats in my neighborhood.  I try to have them neutered and spayed, get their shots and adopt them out.  This summer I had 14 kittens in one spot.  I had to call a "no-kill shelter"  who has the monies and facilities to care for them and adopt them out.  I used to have a lady come all the way from a suburb, pick them up, care for them and adopt them out.  She also brought bags of food to help me with my quest.  She no longer comes due to an illness in her family.

Once neighbours know what I am doing it is generally accepted.  However, I have had a fair amount of opposition and protest, sometimes physically traumatizing and terrorizing these poor beings.  I carry on, moving them when necessary.  They deserve better and should be cared for.  If the result for an animal owner is going to be desertion, casting away or being irresponsible for their pets, they should not own them.  Unfortunately, this behaviour is not perceived at adoption.  While this behaviour is frustrating I try to do the best I can by loving and feeding them.  

I have one feral who will not be caught; he resists any type of human interaction.  (What does that tell you?)  He will wait for me when it's feeding time and will even sit next to me but there is, so far, no touching allowed.  

Despite opposition I will continue my journey into the world of ferals.  

toniann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I volunteer with Pet Rescue in NY in the TNR program. I have 7 cats of my own and I am currently fostering a feral that I am working to socialize for adoption.

susank521

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been trying to help feral kitties since I first became aware of their existence in the 90's. Our boy Cookie was a feral kitten we found in 1997 in the loading area of a warehouse. One of my colonies (Dolly's Gang) was being decimated by illness, dogs, traffic, humans, you name it. My heart couldn't stand to lose another one of them so in 2008 I relocated the remaining cats from that colony to my property.  I have a small colony (Dumpster Bunch), these are the wildest of the wild, ghost kitties, but one of them has gone to a fantastic home and another one I brought home a few years ago because she got very sick (all better now!). Not all of these were feral, but I also have here with me 13 of 28 cats that I did my best to rescue from deplorable conditions at an empty house in 2011. That whole experience almost did me in, it was emotionally and financially exhausting with more heartbreak than I could stand. After that experience, if I could have quit I would have. Additionally, we have 4 that managed to make their way here over the years, and two sisters that were left behind in a friend's garage in 2003 when mama moved the litter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Hi,

I would like to have a friends of ferals badge please.  I've helped over 100 cats over the past 20 years.  I work with a rescue called friends of ferals so this badge seems fitting.  I live in the country and people dump their unwanted cats in my yard and drive away.  Most of these cats are not neutered so I either try to get the DCFoF rescue to take them or I get them fixed and feed/care for them myself.  I would be honored to have one of these badges.  I hope we can use them as our signature here.

Donna

Off and on for my entire life I have fed, adopted or found homes for stray/feral cats.  

I was always amazed at the number of pet owners who would abandon or drop their pets in another neighborhood thinking someone would pick up where they left off.  It's just so cruel.

For the past 10 years I have cared for feral, stray or abandoned cats in my neighborhood.  I try to have them neutered and spayed, get their shots and adopt them out.  This summer I had 14 kittens in one spot.  I had to call a "no-kill shelter"  who has the monies and facilities to care for them and adopt them out.  I used to have a lady come all the way from a suburb, pick them up, care for them and adopt them out.  She also brought bags of food to help me with my quest.  She no longer comes due to an illness in her family.

Once neighbours know what I am doing it is generally accepted.  However, I have had a fair amount of opposition and protest, sometimes physically traumatizing and terrorizing these poor beings.  I carry on, moving them when necessary.  They deserve better and should be cared for.  If the result for an animal owner is going to be desertion, casting away or being irresponsible for their pets, they should not own them.  Unfortunately, this behaviour is not perceived at adoption.  While this behaviour is frustrating I try to do the best I can by loving and feeding them.  

I have one feral who will not be caught; he resists any type of human interaction.  (What does that tell you?)  He will wait for me when it's feeding time and will even sit next to me but there is, so far, no touching allowed.  

Despite opposition I will continue my journey into the world of ferals.  

I volunteer with Pet Rescue in NY in the TNR program. I have 7 cats of my own and I am currently fostering a feral that I am working to socialize for adoption.

I've been trying to help feral kitties since I first became aware of their existence in the 90's. Our boy Cookie was a feral kitten we found in 1997 in the loading area of a warehouse. One of my colonies (Dolly's Gang) was being decimated by illness, dogs, traffic, humans, you name it. My heart couldn't stand to lose another one of them so in 2008 I relocated the remaining cats from that colony to my property.  I have a small colony (Dumpster Bunch), these are the wildest of the wild, ghost kitties, but one of them has gone to a fantastic home and another one I brought home a few years ago because she got very sick (all better now!). Not all of these were feral, but I also have here with me 13 of 28 cats that I did my best to rescue from deplorable conditions at an empty house in 2011. That whole experience almost did me in, it was emotionally and financially exhausting with more heartbreak than I could stand. After that experience, if I could have quit I would have. Additionally, we have 4 that managed to make their way here over the years, and two sisters that were left behind in a friend's garage in 2003 when mama moved the litter.
Thank you for taking the time to apply to the award and share your stories with us! And most of all, thank you for being friends to feral cats! 

Badges have all been awarded!

becca7220

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I moved to my own place about 3 years ago, shortly after I noticed a cat hanging out on my patio, I just thought he was there for the bird feeder. I started putting food out on my patio for him, he was very friendly and would let me pet him. He'd also walk with my dog and I whenever I took my dog out. Took about a year before he became a full time in door cat. There was another cat that started hanging out at my place, which I would feed too. I tried to get him to become an in door cat but that was a little more challenging, so for the most part he'd be inside but then I'd have to let him out to go to the bathroom. Sadly he has disappeared and no one seems to know what happened to him. Now there's 2 cats that I am feeding right now. A girl, that a guy in the apartment left cause he didn't like her because she didn't get along with his dogs. She is more skittish but let's me pet her. And a new one that I have no clue where it came from or if it's a boy or a girl but I feed it anyway. I would love to take more cats in but I'm only allowed to have 2 animals at my place, which I already have.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I moved to my own place about 3 years ago, shortly after I noticed a cat hanging out on my patio, I just thought he was there for the bird feeder. I started putting food out on my patio for him, he was very friendly and would let me pet him. He'd also walk with my dog and I whenever I took my dog out. Took about a year before he became a full time in door cat. There was another cat that started hanging out at my place, which I would feed too. I tried to get him to become an in door cat but that was a little more challenging, so for the most part he'd be inside but then I'd have to let him out to go to the bathroom. Sadly he has disappeared and no one seems to know what happened to him. Now there's 2 cats that I am feeding right now. A girl, that a guy in the apartment left cause he didn't like her because she didn't get along with his dogs. She is more skittish but let's me pet her. And a new one that I have no clue where it came from or if it's a boy or a girl but I feed it anyway. I would love to take more cats in but I'm only allowed to have 2 animals at my place, which I already have.
Welcome to TCS! Thank you for helping the ferals - badge awarded!

irinasak

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello, TCS!

Last spring, while doing my shopping at a near-by store, the most pregnant cat ever meowed at me. Poor girl could not stay on her feet, she was so thin. I went back to the store, bought some cat food, and while I was feeding her another three cats appeared, two females and a kitten. I kept feeding them and the final number was three females and two kittens. I saw the male too, but from the distance as he is the most feral of them all and he still doesn't approach me.  As it turned out, at least two of the females have herpes virus so, all the colony is infected.

Here are the girls soon after I met them, Verde, Meka and Jonny (these are the names I call them. Well, I have to call them somehow...). Meka, the cat that drew me towards this colony is the one in the middle.

I tried to catch her and spay her then but I failed to so on the 28th of April she gave birth. Two of them survived, Lili and Lolo. Lolo died in September. He disappeared for a few days and when he came back he was half-dead. I rushed him to the vet and the died there that night. Vet said it was a colitis. His death weights heavily on me. Lili is still on the street.

Here is Meka, figuring out if she can trust me or not:

I got her spayed eventually. She put on some weight and she has the most beautiful eyes.

Jonny, the cat with white and black in the first picture gave birth sometime in May. I only saw one kitten, and I am happy to say I found him a foster and from there the fosterer found him a forever home. Jonny is my biggest challenge. I did not spay her yet as everything fails with her - traps, carriers, bare hands and so on.

Verde (means "green" in Romanian) already had two kittens when I found them. One of the kittens had his eyes looking so bad that we decided to take him to the vet, as we felt he did not have much to live. Same day his sister entered a trap and next morning we trapped the mother.

Here are the kittens at the vet:

Unfortunately we had to release the mother, Verde, as she was feral, but we decided to keep the kittens. So here they are now, Harley and Amelie:

I go to the colony almost every day. There are at least two more people who feed them, but I am the only one doing TNR. The R part is the hardest.

Last edited:

fgslegacy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About ten years ago, I learned of a win/win situation. You see I am on my second set of 5 cats. It starts out feeding one stray who becomes impregnated before I trap and get her over to the shelter for low-cost neutering. With the crisis we have here, the shelters would not take her in. I end up keeping mom and kittens (no takers) sooo .. The feral cats in my neighborhood receive 2-3 x a day, my cats leftovers. High quality, sufficient quantity leftovers.

This became a great solution to a problem of not wanting the food sitting in the garbage pail inside, where it would smell, or outside where the garbage can would be knocked over. Also, it would clog the toilet when we emptied it there.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I tried to catch her and spay her then but I failed to so on the 28th of April she gave birth. Two of them survived, Lili and Lolo. Lolo died in September. He disappeared for a few days and when he came back he was half-dead. I rushed him to the vet and the died there that night. Vet said it was a colitis. His death weights heavily on me. Lili is still on the street.

Here is Meka, figuring out if she can trust me or not:

I got her spayed eventually. She put on some weight and she has the most beautiful eyes.

Jonny, the cat with white and black in the first picture gave birth sometime in May. I only saw one kitten, and I am happy to say I found him a foster and from there the fosterer found him a forever home. Jonny is my biggest challenge. I did not spay her yet as everything fails with her - traps, carriers, bare hands and so on.

Verde (means "green" in Romanian) already had two kittens when I found them. One of the kittens had his eyes looking so bad that we decided to take him to the vet, as we felt he did not have much to live. Same day his sister entered a trap and next morning we trapped the mother.

Here are the kittens at the vet:

Unfortunately we had to release the mother, Verde, as she was feral, but we decided to keep the kittens. So here they are now, Harley and Amelie:

I go to the colony almost every day. There are at least two more people who feed them, but I am the only one doing TNR. The R part is the hardest.
Thank you for sharing the story and pictures! Badge awarded!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
About ten years ago, I learned of a win/win situation. You see I am on my second set of 5 cats. It starts out feeding one stray who becomes impregnated before I trap and get her over to the shelter for low-cost neutering. With the crisis we have here, the shelters would not take her in. I end up keeping mom and kittens (no takers) sooo .. The feral cats in my neighborhood receive 2-3 x a day, my cats leftovers. High quality, sufficient quantity leftovers.

This became a great solution to a problem of not wanting the food sitting in the garbage pail inside, where it would smell, or outside where the garbage can would be knocked over. Also, it would clog the toilet when we emptied it there.
Badge awarded and if you need help with TNR advice for the remaining ferals, by all means, please do post about it in this forum! Thank you! 

barry12351

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Hi, only been on the site for a few weeks and haven't posted yet. Joined to learn more about ferals. Most of my life I've always had 2 cats that are indoor/outdoor. My last team, Sam & Tom, were around for 15 years. Sam got killed last year but Tom is still with us. After Sam was killed, a feral cat started coming by. Sam was very territorial and wouldn't let another cat on our block. Tom, on the other hand, enjoys being king and having some subjects.  I digress........ this neutered adult male was so gentle and nice.  Tom had pretty much quit eating and I felt bad just throwing the food out each day so I decided to give it to the feral.  Of course the yummy canned food was very welcome.  Well, low and behold, Tom started eating on the porch with his new found friend.  All was well for awhile that is.  Across the street is a colony of ferals. In the spring the kittens came. It was fun watching them across the street. Rarely would the ferals cross this very, very busy street.  Then it finally happened, I walked out and there was the mother feeding at the bowl.  The next day she was there with her kittens.  The next day the dad came. It would drive me crazy watching those cats dodge through traffic. I decided to stop feeding everyone; I just couldn't take dealing with squashed cats. Well, Mom, dad and the kittens decided to stay on the porch and forgo the roost across the street. The feeding restarted.

On a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon, with mom and dad stretched out in the sun, the kittens playing with toys, the world completely changed. The reality of the TNR came into their lives. The human was putting the nightly dinner in six different cages; well so what, I'm hungry. With the sound of snapping traps and being quickly covered, the whole family spent the night in their cells. The next morning they were whisked off to the vet for a bit of surgery.  Good timing too because Mom had gone into heat!!

Upon release the family decide it was best to return to ol homestead across the street. But one kitten decided the food was a lot better at the house across the street. He showed up and stayed and then the sister came for a visit and decided to stay. The humans got them toys and the two were a delight. Then one day the boy was dead in the street. The sister was alone.

Out of no where comes a male feral who had been abandoned by his mother the year before in the side yard.  He came by on occasion as he matured; somehow, he got caught in a neighborhood TNR activity and his ear was clipped. Upon meeting the little girl, he decided to take up residence and become her protector. The two are literally inseparable now.

So at this point, three ferals made for very enjoyable times. A grand daddy that was mellow and the boy friend/girl friend.  Well Mom and Dad from across the street decided to stop by for a  visit and decided not to leave so now we have five.  Though Tom, the domestic cat, who now won't leave the porch and reigns supreme over his willing subjects and we have six. 

All was well in the kingdom until the little Ol cat lady up the street passed away. There was no one to care for the un-neutured ferals and they decided to seek out a new feeding spot along with their three kittens.  Upon their arrival and attempts to grab the food from the established ferals there  was some commotion. The human did not put up with harassment so decided the spray water bottle would be used on the colony that was trying to move in.  After all, the neighbor down the street feeds anyone and everyone that comes by.  The trick was to motivate them to move on.

The short version is that the cold weather moved in and the aggressor colony was still around.  Out of sympathy, food was provided The traps haven't been used because of the inclement weather and the human just doesn't have the will power to deal with six ferals at this point. I know, it's as easy as herding cats............

So to the point of earning a badge, this human now has 11 ferals and provides food, water and yes  shelter. My front porch, very close to the street with lots of pedestrians, is the lounging and sleeping space for the ferals. Life is good, no need to go out hunting. For those that do live in a large city, you'll know the feeling you get when your neighbors walk by and see eleven cats on your front porch. It's just diverted eyes and them thinking.....what's happened to our neighbor......LOL.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Hi, only been on the site for a few weeks and haven't posted yet. Joined to learn more about ferals. Most of my life I've always had 2 cats that are indoor/outdoor. My last team, Sam & Tom, were around for 15 years. Sam got killed last year but Tom is still with us. After Sam was killed, a feral cat started coming by. Sam was very territorial and wouldn't let another cat on our block. Tom, on the other hand, enjoys being king and having some subjects.  I digress........ this neutered adult male was so gentle and nice.  Tom had pretty much quit eating and I felt bad just throwing the food out each day so I decided to give it to the feral.  Of course the yummy canned food was very welcome.  Well, low and behold, Tom started eating on the porch with his new found friend.  All was well for awhile that is.  Across the street is a colony of ferals. In the spring the kittens came. It was fun watching them across the street. Rarely would the ferals cross this very, very busy street.  Then it finally happened, I walked out and there was the mother feeding at the bowl.  The next day she was there with her kittens.  The next day the dad came. It would drive me crazy watching those cats dodge through traffic. I decided to stop feeding everyone; I just couldn't take dealing with squashed cats. Well, Mom, dad and the kittens decided to stay on the porch and forgo the roost across the street. The feeding restarted.

On a beautiful sunny Sunday afternoon, with mom and dad stretched out in the sun, the kittens playing with toys, the world completely changed. The reality of the TNR came into their lives. The human was putting the nightly dinner in six different cages; well so what, I'm hungry. With the sound of snapping traps and being quickly covered, the whole family spent the night in their cells. The next morning they were whisked off to the vet for a bit of surgery.  Good timing too because Mom had gone into heat!!

Upon release the family decide it was best to return to ol homestead across the street. But one kitten decided the food was a lot better at the house across the street. He showed up and stayed and then the sister came for a visit and decided to stay. The humans got them toys and the two were a delight. Then one day the boy was dead in the street. The sister was alone.

Out of no where comes a male feral who had been abandoned by his mother the year before in the side yard.  He came by on occasion as he matured; somehow, he got caught in a neighborhood TNR activity and his ear was clipped. Upon meeting the little girl, he decided to take up residence and become her protector. The two are literally inseparable now.

So at this point, three ferals made for very enjoyable times. A grand daddy that was mellow and the boy friend/girl friend.  Well Mom and Dad from across the street decided to stop by for a  visit and decided not to leave so now we have five.  Though Tom, the domestic cat, who now won't leave the porch and reigns supreme over his willing subjects and we have six. 

All was well in the kingdom until the little Ol cat lady up the street passed away. There was no one to care for the un-neutured ferals and they decided to seek out a new feeding spot along with their three kittens.  Upon their arrival and attempts to grab the food from the established ferals there  was some commotion. The human did not put up with harassment so decided the spray water bottle would be used on the colony that was trying to move in.  After all, the neighbor down the street feeds anyone and everyone that comes by.  The trick was to motivate them to move on.

The short version is that the cold weather moved in and the aggressor colony was still around.  Out of sympathy, food was provided The traps haven't been used because of the inclement weather and the human just doesn't have the will power to deal with six ferals at this point. I know, it's as easy as herding cats............

So to the point of earning a badge, this human now has 11 ferals and provides food, water and yes  shelter. My front porch, very close to the street with lots of pedestrians, is the lounging and sleeping space for the ferals. Life is good, no need to go out hunting. For those that do live in a large city, you'll know the feeling you get when your neighbors walk by and see eleven cats on your front porch. It's just diverted eyes and them thinking.....what's happened to our neighbor......LOL.
That's quite the story there, Barry! Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you decided to post and not just lurk, so welcome to TCS! 
 Badge awarded and I do hope we'll see you posting often from now on!

asherdash

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am finally getting around to posting on this forum. I hope the pics come out ok, I don't use the Macbook very often. We have been feeding this colony for several years, and also /TNR/ and taking to vet when we can for the past several years.
All my coworkers, friends and family know that I walk down the block every day and "feed the peeps" on my lunch break (except weekends when my gf is home from work and drives me).
Without further adieu, here are some of "my peeps"
Oreo looking at the camera, his dad Twinkie is the other black cat in the pic. The orange one at the pan is named THE BFF because he hangs around the orange one in front(more on him further down)
Tuxie Montague above,the one we are working on catching. Tuxie is on the property where I live, he's not part of the colony down the block
busy lunch time
his name is "the boyfriend" because my girlfriend says he's her boyfriend
We have found homes for 5 that used to be here(with very close friends we trust). We set several traps to catch and spay/neuter but were not successful. We will be trying again soon. We also got burned by paying someone who was supposed to help us, and thats all I'll say on that matter.
My best friends sis will be helping me soon so hopefully we will have better luck getting more fixed. We love our peeps and will be there every day with food, fresh water and the occasional emergency vet visit(luckily we haven't had too many).

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oreo looking at the camera, his dad Twinkie is the other black cat in the pic. The orange one at the pan is named THE BFF because he hangs around the orange one in front(more on him further down)
Tuxie Montague above,the one we are working on catching. Tuxie is on the property where I live, he's not part of the colony down the block
busy lunch time
his name is "the boyfriend" because my girlfriend says he's her boyfriend
We have found homes for 5 that used to be here(with very close friends we trust). We set several traps to catch and spay/neuter but were not successful. We will be trying again soon. We also got burned by paying someone who was supposed to help us, and thats all I'll say on that matter.
My best friends sis will be helping me soon so hopefully we will have better luck getting more fixed. We love our peeps and will be there every day with food, fresh water and the occasional emergency vet visit(luckily we haven't had too many).
Thank you for sharing the story and pictures! Badge awarded! 

I do propose Lrosewiles as a worthy bearer of the "Friend of Ferals Award Badge",

especielly as I suspect she herself wont do apply and ask - not yet anyway.

Look for example here:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/270889/little-ginger-girl

/StefanZ,  Advisor
Hey, our very first nomination by someone else! Why not PM her and suggest that she posts here? Let her know that by wearing the badge she'll be helping make others aware of this important issue. This is all about the cats 

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It's nice to see so many people helping feral cats. I two take care of a feral colony. I have mama kitty who gave birth to 5 kittens under my neighbors deck in 2009. At the time I knew nothing about the TNR program and she had another litter of 6 a few months later. I was able to get all six of those kittens because mama so so sick from having them back to back. She was bringing them to me and putting them in front of my door and would not take them back. She first brought me one kitten and then a few days later she brought me two more. I had to bottle feed the first 4 she brought me. She then moved one by itself over to another neighbors bushes and I could her it crying so went and got that one. The last one took us a while to catch. Found all 6 of them homes.

I then learned about the TNR program and had her and her first litter (all girls) spayed and released. We named them Mama Kitty, Snickers, Maddie, Tess, Sassy and Tiger, yes she is a girl named Tiger. I lost Sassy a couple months after she was spayed. She loved being held and I could pick her up so I took her to the vet but she was very sick and had to have her put to sleep. I held her the whole time, I still miss her so much. I also have a cat that started coming from a colony down the road, his name is Christopher. At first he came every once in a while but he loves the canned food I serve so he is now a regular. I had Baby boy who started out hanging out with Mama kitty when she was a kitten but he was older then her so I think he was taking care of her as they were always together. He left when she had her kittens and I thought he was gone forever. I spotted him one day down the road where another lady has 16 feral cats she feeds. I was so happy to see him and he found his way back to my place a year later. I used to talk to him every night, he slept in the shelter on my porch and he would peek his head out and listen to me. He got very sick and I had to have him put to sleep but I stayed with him so he would not have to be alone when he crossed to Rainbow Bridge.

Our neighborhood is full of stray and feral cats, where I live people like to come down here and dump cats, kittens and dogs. I have rescued a few dogs as well from the streets. Our neighborhood also has a program going on to help low income people spay and neuter their cats. I have talked neighbors into using this program and will transport if they can't.  Right now I have 6 that I feed and one is Shadow the neighbors cat because she likes the canned food better then whats served at home.

ilovecatesxoxo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I volunteer at my local animal rescue shelter and help out with TNR (the R is the hardest part) I have three adorable kitties : Kipper, Faberje(Fabby) and the newest member of the family, Bramble. :-)

Kipper's mom was part of a colony that I look after. She was the least feral of the whole colony and would follow me around but kept her distance. She gave birth to two healthy kittens, kipper one of them. We got her neutered but had to release her and the other kitten who wouldnt let us come near him. I keot kipper who is the most gorgeous tabby ever and he is so sweet and affectionate that you would never tell his mother and father and brother were all feral cats.

Oh Faberje he is a great big idiot but in a good way. His mother was rescued by the rescue shelter i volunteer at and was heavily pregnant she had her kittens just two days after being rescued. I fostered her and the kittens till they were weaned but I fell in love with Fabby who is an adorable chocolate and white tortoiseshell.
and I had to adopt him.

Bramble was a scraggly stray living around the bins up until last week. I rescued her and shehas flourished into a beautiful black and white cat. she has such a sweet nature and loves being cuddled and stroked.

The colony I feed has about seven individuals. I go down to feed them every day and have really gotten to know all of their different charachters and personalities.
Their names(I had to call them by something) are
penny, colonel, fresco, comet, Ben, jasper and Coco.
Please give ferals a second chance :-D : wavey :

joglass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I help ferals, I care for a colony that I just completed TNR on, and I am going to begin volunteering with Forgotten Cats.  My goal is to educate my community on feral cats and to initiate TNR in the area.

joglass

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I started a new job last April and found there was a colony of cats living here. I started feeding them, and then I started noticing kittens. I knew nothing about feral cats when I started, although I have always loved cats.  My mother tells me it happened that very first time I saw one as a little girl!  I have successfully completed TNR on 13 this month. I feel this is only the beginning for me on this journey.  One day I would love to be able rescue those poor feral kittens, work with them to socialize them and get them placed in homes. Until then, I will continue with TNR, I have found there is a huge need in my community for education and assistance.