Found pregnant cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My four kittens have unplugged my printer cord several times, chewed and ruined the charger cord for my computer, and unplugged my internet cord. Kittens love cords!

Unfortunately mine are not reading as well as Syn yet ;).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, we will be in contact, I asked to be kept up to date.
She lives really close by.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, we'll be interested to hear how they are doing whenever you check in with the foster. I hope you're heading to sleep soon!

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The babies I gave up last night are being transferred to a nursing Mom cat with newborns. The best chance they can get.
They are still going strong and have started gaining weight. It's funny how attached I got in two days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully they'll thrive with the mama cat. Since she has her own newborns I hope they know to rotate. Poor babies have really been on the move here lately!

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hopefully they'll thrive with the mama cat. Since she has her own newborns I hope they know to rotate. Poor babies have really been on the move here lately!
s
The nursing Mom only had 1 living kitten.
I hated to give them up, according to the vet they seem well and strong. They may just transfer Mom to the kittens instead. She just told me.

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok, I have a new question.
The kittens have an area set up for play out here in the living room.
Mom has moved them yet again behind the couch in the kids room.
They came running out here to play.
She is dragging them while they are screaming back behind the couch.
Holding them down to keep them from playing.
Two came running back out here, I went to take them back and she was biting one of them on his back to keep him from leaving her.
I know that she needs to mother them. But this is getting a bit extreme.
We do mush feedings and litterbox training and she drags them off the food. They are eating just fine when she does this.
She will not let them in the litterbox. At all.
I give her as much space as I can. But they want to explore and eat and play and she is not having it.
Any suggestions?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think she is confused as to what age they are due to having had the newborns. You'll need to put her in a different room to let them eat for a day or two while she forgets about the newborns. You will need to let them potty before and after they eat while mom is not around as well. Then let them spend time together. She will hopefully get past this in a couple of days. She just does not understand what is going on right now and it's not her fault, but her kittens need to continue making progress. You may want to go ahead and schedule her spay appointment while she readjusts to reality.

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I was wondering if that's what it was.
I was pretty sure it was. The biggest one cane out and climbed up in my lap, she came and watched. She ended up grabbing him within minutes.
Okay, starting tomorrow morning I will make her appointment and start feeding them away from her.
It's my fault, I feel awful.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was wondering if that's what it was.
I was pretty sure it was. The biggest one cane out and climbed up in my lap, she came and watched. She ended up grabbing him within minutes.
Okay, starting tomorrow morning I will make her appointment and start feeding them away from her.
It's my fault, I feel awful.
Nothing is your fault. You didn't do anything wrong. You took in some orphaned kittens who needed help. KitKat is a fantastic mother who is confused right now. Her hormones are probably all over the place. There was no way for you to predict what she would do. The kittens are OK. They are growing and are healthy and beautiful and it's because you took in a pregnant stray. Look how many lives you saved. You are an angel to all of these babies 

LotsOfFur

What greater gift than the love of a cat.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in agreement with Kat0121! You took in a pregnant cat and you have done more than a lot of people would even attempt. You've gained a lot of experience and have learned a lot taking on a pregnant (now mama) homeless kitty. Taking good advise from great advisors here a TCS and trial and error. They had no chance without you! ((Hugs))

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I would not have made it this far without this site!
All of the wonderful people here!!

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They came running to play this morning.
She watched for about 10 minutes.
They love to play with all the different things.
Two of them are sleeping with my son right now.
The little black one fights her all the way down the hall.
On a good note.
The newborns are all with a nursing Mom and she has completely accepted them. :)

kitkatkittygirl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You're doing a fantastic job. Those kitties are so lucky to have someone who obviously cares so much about them. All cats should be so fortunate. 
I can't stand to see anyone or anything in need.
As a child, I was always bringing home strays.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are doing a fantastic job! You have saved a litter of kittens and given another litter a chance before they moved on to a grieving mama who was left with only one baby!

It sounds like everyone is doing great including Kit Kat! Nothing is anybody's fault. You have a very kind, loving, and generous heart and that is a true gift to these cats! I admire everything you've done and continue to do, so please do not feel badly about anything :).