For Women only please!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Tri-Sprintec. I think its just the generic brand of Ortho tri-cyclen. But I did use ortho tri cyclen for years before I got on my own medical plan. Both are fine for me!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on the pill forever....from 16 to 26. I had a horrific period that included severe cramps, diarrhea, sweats, and nausia, causing me to miss school monthly at least for the 1st day of it. The pill made it regular, light, and over in 3-4 days... also, I was allowed to skip it for 2 mos at a time and get it the 3rd month. So I only got my period 4 times a year, and I loved it. But like Sarahp, the one thing they don't tell you is that it will take longer for you to become pregnant when you take them for so long. Which wouldn't have been a problem @ 16, but when I consulted my gyn 2 yrs ago about conceiving a child I was told it will take about 2 yrs after I stop taking the pill. Now this may not be the case for everyone, but it is for me (my sister too). The Dr said your body is so used to not functioning in a normal way to become pregnant, it will take time for all the hormones to get out of your system, and then more time for your body to start functioning properly, then more time for it to regulate itself.... 2 years later and still no baby. So whatever you decide to go with Fran, make sure you have your future in mind... I would've stopped taking the pill when we got married had I known it would take this long to have a baby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do have my future in mind

This is why i dont want to go on the pill, because it has more down side effects for me.

I stopped taking the pill back in october, my period is normal, but its not the same as it used to be.

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was on ortho tricycline but gained approx 20lbs.. My breasts were HUGE though. Switched to Yasmin and I promptly lost 15lbs in the first month, including boobage. I just got off Yasmin 3 months ago and am going pill free. Currently am using abstinence. If in the future I have the need to ever let a man touch me again I will probably get fitted for a cervical cap or diaphragm. I don't feel comfortable with the pill anymore. My mom relied solely on rhythm for her bc method (not doing it on days she could get preg) and in 30 yrs of marriage it never failed her. She's a spaz though and probably checked her temp 30 times a day. Even when I was on bc I used rhythm loosely, not having activity on days surrounding ovulation. But I have craps during ovulation so mine is obvious. Catholics don't believe in bc
Although I guess rhythm to some extent is a bc device in and of it's own. IDK.

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

I use Yasmin (pill) and it's fine, though pricey. I've used a number of different pills over the years - really liked Mercilon (pill) too - cheaper than Yasmin. I would have to take the pill even if I wasn't interested in BC.

We also use condoms.

ETA: I may switch to Seasonale when it becomes available over here.
I used Yasmin for a while...but I had bad effects with it....so I don't take birth control pills anymore...we just use condoms..

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Alaynna

I used Yasmin for a while...but I had bad effects with it....so I don't take birth control pills anymore...we just use condoms..
I'm sorry

No type of pill is going to suit everyone because of the hormones, I think.

For me though, the only down side is the price, but my GP thinks it works better for me, so I don't mind too much.

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittyLova

my child is 1. Dont worry you did not offence me.

sorry for acting that way.
I am planning to take it next month.
because i am turning 22 this friday.
It's my birthday this Friday too! but I'm turning 31.