First time pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I did! It took an extra day because they didn't have it in stock that day, so I called an animal shelter in the area to see if they knew anywhere that had it, and that was the only place. They said basically keep the eye clean and wiped out until you can get it, or go to the vet when it opens and they can prescribe it! I don't know if they needed it because, by the time I got it the eye was staying open and it didn't close again, but I did use it on the brownish one and it cleared right up, so I'm glad I have it just in case.
I hope he just shy! I recently read about Fading Kitten syndrome and got worried [emoji]128517[/emoji]
So it's good to know he isnt doing anything not normal.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I dont understand. She was very tiny, and thin, and then she got a bit bigger, and now she looks so tiny and like starving! I don't know what to do to help her gain weight! I have her having unlimited wet and dry kitten food, and she gained some so she looked a lot better, and low she lost it again. Is it just her breasts hanging down? I can feel her spine. Does she maybe have worms?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I guess you are speaking of your mama kitty. This happens with young, nursing moms. No matter how much they eat, they get skinny.

It's because she is still growing herself, along with the pregnancy and nursing demands. Try mixing a raw egg yolk into her wet food daily for extra protein. She can also have full fat plain yogurt, cheese, plain boiled chicken and broth (no bones), cooked liver chopped up, and a daily dish of kitten formula for extra calcium.

I doubt she has worms, but worming meds are safe and will erase any doubts. I think she just needs more nutrition.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay thank you! Also, I currently have two large boxes connected together because they kept getting out at night and weren't able to get back in, so I got bigger boxes so they aren't able to get out at night. I let them out several times a day just in my room. When should I just cut a hole in the box so they can get in and out freely, but stay in my room still because the rest of the house isn't really kitten proof at all.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they are just staying in your room, they should be able to have a door right now to go into and out of the boxes.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My orange kitten has been sneezing a bit lately, is that something I should be worried about?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be the start of a cold caused by the herpes virus. Keep an eye on him in case he needs antibiotics.