First time pregnant cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like they are doing great! And the babies too! Awesome! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If her nipples are dry or chapped, you can apply coconut or olive oil to them. [emoji]128571[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So this morning she is trying to move the kitties, and it seems like she wants to get in the closet? Should I move them into the closet and see if she leaves them alone in there?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So this morning she is trying to move the kitties, and it seems like she wants to get in the closet? Should I move them into the closet and see if she leaves them alone in there?
If you can make the closet safe, yes.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she wants privacy and the closet feels safe to her. Let us know if this works out.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't moved her yet, because I need to clean it out, when I let her in, there's a box on one of the shelves that she like to lay in. And I don't want her getting a kitty up there and it falling, of course. I will move her today though and I'll let you guys know!

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I moved her to the closet yesterday and she was fine for the night, and this morning she tried to move them again, out of my room to a box in the living room?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Cats will sometimes move their kittens more than once when trying to find a spot that pleases them. Perhaps try putting the box inside the closet.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Help!! I checked on the kitties this morning, and all were well and safe. I came home from work and the black kittens right eye was completely shut, so I got a wet washclothe and wash wiping it gently and it opened and pus came out, I finished cleaning it, and it didn't look red or inflamed, and I went to the store real quick, was gone maybe half an hour, and checked on it as soon a so got home, and it was half dried closed again! big seems to be taking great care of them, when I held it up to her she stated licking its eye and stopped after a second, and they other too are completely fine. They all react when I talk to them or make noise. When I was wiping its eye out, it was really strong truing to wriggle away, and had a loud meow, so it doesn't seem like weak? Any advice would help! I'm planning a vet visit but won't have the money for it, for about 2 or 3 weeks.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The pus Wasnt thick, it was almost clear and ran out very fast.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kitten has an eye infection and needs an antibiotic ountment called terramycin. You can order it online without a prescription. You use it twice a day and it will clear the eye. In the meantime, continue to gently wipe the eye clean with a warm, damp cloth.

Here is a link:

http://m.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=9675

Waiting 2-3 weeks to see the vet is too long. Infection can cause blundness if not treated.

Last edited:

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, is there any stores that carry it? I would like to get it right away. Do vets carry it? Would I be able to call a vet office and get it? I have enough to get the treatment, the vets in my area are just so ezpensive but I will definitely call tomorrow and see if any take payments.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A tractor/farm supply store would carry it if you have one nearby. Pet stores do not carry it. A vet would probably want to see the cat and charge a fee for the exam in addition to the medicine. But call around. Otherwise, ordering would get it to you fairly quickly.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is a tractor store nearby!! It says online they carry it! I'm going to call tomorrow and if they carry it I'm going to get it right away! Thank you so much!

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The kittens are all better! The brownish stripey on also had an eye shut a the day before yesterday, but after cleaning it out, it hasn't happened again, and I've been cleaning their eyes regularly. The orange one is the least active so far. The brownish one has started escaping its box a lot, and the black one is close to finding out how to as well. I have been taking them out of the box once a day to stretch their legs and walk a bit. The darker ones move around a bit but are still really wobbly of course. The orange one can walk a bit, but it usually meows to get out in the box. I'm a bit worries about the orange one not being as active yet? When its awake its very alert, and they all play together. I'm just worried about why he isn't so active outside of the box? Other than that they ate doing great!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh how sweet! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

Did you get the terramycin at the tractor store? I'm glad their eyes are better!

I think the orange one is just shy and not quite ready to explore much yet. [emoji]128522[/emoji]