First time pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Posting a better pic of the oramge one! Its went from 104 to 119 already! The other two both gained 11 grams yesterday!

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its hard to tell. Because whenever I take a peak. They're all eating, he seems to latch the fastest though, and he did gain more the the first day than the other too. So I guess so haha. I read that most orange cats are usually male, I have no idea to tell though, what that one or the other two are.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its hard to tell. Because whenever I take a peak. They're all eating, he seems to latch the fastest though, and he did gain more the the first day than the other too. So I guess so haha. I read that most orange cats are usually male, I have no idea to tell though, what that one or the other two are.
My foster cat had 3, including an orange male, whom I absolutely adored. Harry dominated his sisters from the beginning. I could tell Harry's sex almost immediately. His sisters too & I was right on each one.

[VIDEO]. [/VIDEO]

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Orange cats are all male, unless they have an orange dad and a mom with orange genes. They MUST have an orange dad to be female though. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

sunshineclare

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Mum of our Maine Coon female cat was a very beautiful full ginger, Will post a pic when I'm on my mobile :-)

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey guys, how would I know if she is stimulating them to use the bathroom? I'm assuming she is, but haven't seen her do it. I'm assuming they'd have an upset tummy and maybe more restless?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Moms lick and clean their kittens' bottoms at intervals throughout the day and night whether you see it or not.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is it normal for her to lose weight? She seems to have lost quite a bit, and isn't eating her dry kitten food very much at all, so I've been buying wet food, and she seems to like it a little better. But I though she would eat more than before because she has to feed the little ones. She is pretty vocal. And her poop is normal, she's just so thin and doesn't eat much. She is still with her kittens tons, and it looks like they're feeding a lot, my scale broke(stepped on) and I haven't been able to buy a new one quite yet to weight the babies. Theyre sleeping tons, all the time basically, and nursing often. But it looks like only a couple of her breasts are producing milk. And JM winding if stress could be it. I moved into my house 4 days ago, and it was probably stressful for her with her new babies. Could that cause the weight loss? The babies eyes are all almost completely open! And they seem to be doing good, they're clean and she is taking good care of them!

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Feel her mammory chain for lumps, then look and see if anything's leaking out of her vulva. Take her temp as well. She should be hover vaccing​ food down for the most part.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry hover vaccing? I'm not sure what you mean. I don't feel any lumps at all, except for where her milk is, it seems like its mostly the back one that have quite a lot of milk in them, and the front ones not so much. Nothing out of her vulva. I have been watching that for bleeding or weird discharge.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How many kittens does she have? She sounds a bit stressed to me. Is she in a quiet place with her kittens in your new place? If she prefers wet food, then give her plenty! How old are the kittens?

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sucking up food like a vacuum cleaner. Lol if she's got no lumps in her mammory chain, no leakage, no fever, and no diarrhea then she might just be feeling overwhelmed. Is she blinking her eyes often or sneezing? If she keeps on not wanting to eat much or stops eating all together your gonna need to go to the vet.

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
And these are pics I just took of her. I know some kitties lose weight after having kittens because they're food is going into making milk for the babies or however that works. I just don't like seeing her so skinny

annaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far she's eaten 3 cans of wet food today, and I've mixed some of the kitten dry food in with it as well, and she has just munched it up. She has 3 babies, and all seem very healthy, and have since they were born. They are a week and 4 days old today, and the orange one is a week and 3 days.