Fighting w/ Husband (rant)

pandybear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emb_78

Thank you Felicia!! You make it sound so easy!
sometimes it is that easy

i always find just sitting down and talking works the best, both partners have to really want to talk about it though, obviously

goodluck, i hope it all works out for you both.

felicia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little update... We did not talk to eachother yesterday. It is pretty sad and irritating!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Erin, hang in there. I know it can be hard. Have you tried talking to him? I haven't read all the posts all the way through--I'm sorry, but I know once you start to open up to him things will be better for you because you will get that extra weight off of your shoulders. I use to keep things built up inside of me because I was afraid to tell my husband, but in the last few months I've learned I wanted a stronger relationship with my husband and a happier life, and you know what--it worked. If he loves you and you love him, he will make it work. I am also a very sensitive person, so I know what you must be going through. About the trust issue, why don't you trust him? Has he proved to you he can't be trusted? I really hope and pray things will work out for the better!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by caprice

Erin, hang in there. I know it can be hard. Have you tried talking to him? I haven't read all the posts all the way through--I'm sorry, but I know once you start to open up to him things will be better for you because you will get that extra weight off of your shoulders. I use to keep things built up inside of me because I was afraid to tell my husband, but in the last few months I've learned I wanted a stronger relationship with my husband and a happier life, and you know what--it worked. If he loves you and you love him, he will make it work. I am also a very sensitive person, so I know what you must be going through. About the trust issue, why don't you trust him? Has he proved to you he can't be trusted? I really hope and pray things will work out for the better!
Well last summer I found out he was talking to a whole lot of girls sexually on the internet!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My husband and I just had a fight, and he took off. Happy sweetest day to me!!! don't know what to do anymore. I wanted to stay home and have a quite romantic evening. He wanted me to go out with him and his friends. We have been fighting a lot lately and he gave me a card today with a dozen yellow roses, my favorite!!! We just went out for about an hour and then his brother invited him to a bachlor party. Well guess where he is going??? This makes no sence to me... I let him do what he wants when he wants, he doesn't know just how lucky he has it!!!
I told him to take his car and don't come back!!!
Just so you all know I am in the works to find out if he went to a strip club on Saturday!!! I am 100% againist that, and told him if I find out he went I will bring the kitten home that I want!!!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is terrible Erin!!, did you confront him about it right away??, what did he say?

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

That's not good. What did he say about that?
He denyed it of course, then told me he was afraid of being married. He said it was dumb. That is the reason we went to counseling in the first place.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

He denyed it of course, then told me he was afraid of being married. He said it was dumb. That is the reason we went to counseling in the first place.
I'm so sorry that you're having all of these problems...I hope that everything gets better for you very soon, you're in my thoughts and prayers!!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I'm so sorry that you're having all of these problems...I hope that everything gets better for you very soon, you're in my thoughts and prayers!!
Thank you!!!

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
are ya'll still going to counseling? if not, maybe you can sit down and ask him to go with you? Atleast he went, that should show you something

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My husband and I just had a fight, and he took off. Happy sweetest day to me!!! don't know what to do anymore. I wanted to stay home and have a quite romantic evening. He wanted me to go out with him and his friends.
I am very sorry that you are having this difficulty. It sounds like the day started out bad, with each of you having different expectations!

We have been fighting a lot lately and he gave me a card today with a dozen yellow roses, my favorite!!! We just went out for about an hour and then his brother invited him to a bachlor party. Well guess where he is going??? This makes no sence to me... I let him do what he wants when he wants, he doesn't know just how lucky he has it!!!
Your favorite roses! Sounds like he did try, initially, to make you happy! But then he ruined it by chosing the bachelor party over you!

I told him to take his car and don't come back!!!
I think you should apologize to him for saying don't come back. From reading your other posts, it sounds like this has gotten blown out of proportion. It sounds like he was thoughtless. It was wrong of him not to consider your feelings, but that one action should not end a 10 year relationship.

If he won't talk to you, leave him a message that you love him, and want to talk to him to work things out. Try to be the one to bridge the gap. You can try to settle your differences later, but for now, try to re-establish your marriage.

I have read the three threads, and it sounds like you are both struggling right now. If he was physically abusive, or unfaithful, or had established a record of being disrespectful, I would advise you differently. But from what I have read, you are going through a difficult time in your marriage, but not to the point of ending it.

You are both still very young. You are trying to establish what you each want in the marriage. If he continues to need more "freedom" than you can tolerate, then you can consider ending the relationship. But for now, I really hope you can work things out.

The next time you see him, make sure you are looking your best. Men are very visual, and it won't hurt your confidence to look good!

Prayers that he will soften his heart, and let you know how much he still really loves and needs you!

nebula11

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I am very sorry that you are having this difficulty. It sounds like the day started out bad, with each of you having different expectations!

Your favorite roses! Sounds like he did try, initially, to make you happy! But then he ruined it by chosing the bachelor party over you!

I think you should apologize to him for saying don't come back. From reading your other posts, it sounds like this has gotten blown out of proportion. It sounds like he was thoughtless. It was wrong of him not to consider your feelings, but that one action should not end a 10 year relationship.
In another one of her threads on this subject, she says she just found out he was having sexual relationships online as well..........plus being verbally abusive....

these threads really need to be combined...so we can see them all and give the best advice......

Bekiboo is right....but only if this was the only situation......

can you have the mods combined them so we know whats going on

I still hope you are safe and sound, and have talked to him

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

are ya'll still going to counseling? if not, maybe you can sit down and ask him to go with you? Atleast he went, that should show you something
Yes we are still going. Our next appiontment is Wednesday!

He did you to the strip club. When he does that he makes me feel like a fat slob, and that I am not good enough for him. Also he thinks I am emotionally abusing myself, not him. I have no self confidence.
Is he right could I be doin all this to myself????

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

Yes we are still going. Our next appiontment is Wednesday!

He did you to the strip club. When he does that he makes me feel like a fat slob, and that I am not good enough for him. Also he thinks I am emotionally abusing myself, not him. I have no self confidence.
Is he right could I be doin all this to myself????
Please read carefully about what I'm about to say because I'm saying it to help you, not make you feel worse. People do and say things and whatever their intentions, they can't make us feel a certain way. I think you are vulnerable and need to work on building your self confidence. Because his behavior reflects on him, not you.

I know because I'm fighting this type of what I call "filling in the blanks". You are a wonderful person and what he does has to do with him, not you.

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is a recent thing that is just getting worse... We have been married for 2 years and dated for 8 before that! I am afraid to divorce him because I am 27 and my mother went through a lot BIGGER things with my dad and they are still together... They had many, many rough years, but hey love eachother so much now!
I think you should reevaluate your relationship and decide if it's worth saving, or are you just staying because it's comfortable and it's what you're used to? If you want to fight to make it work then I'd suggest couple's counseling and if he doesn't want to go, to voice your concerns to him calmly. It's not unreasonable to want your husband to want to spend more time with you, but you have to get to the root of it and find out why he doesn't. Sometimes people just grow apart, especially when they've been together since they were younger and they have changed. I know it's scary to think about but, IMO, it's even scarier to think about living in a...troubled marriage.

I hope it works out for you...I wish you the best!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Please read carefully about what I'm about to say because I'm saying it to help you, not make you feel worse. People do and say things and whatever their intentions, they can't make us feel a certain way. I think you are vulnerable and need to work on building your self confidence. Because his behavior reflects on him, not you.

I know because I'm fighting this type of what I call "filling in the blanks". You are a wonderful person and what he does has to do with him, not you.
Thanks Katachtig!!! I called a psychologist for an appiontment next week!
Hopefully I can start to see the happy things in life!!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with everything, Erin. You are precious...don't let him or anyone else make you believe otherwise.

God bless you and good luck with everything!