Feeding Pregnant Cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's great they are getting better already! I hope it continues! [emoji]128077[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so frustrated with Lil Bit she has been so unlike her I don't know what to do. She has started to hiss and growl at us. At first I thought my son was messing with her the reason she was doing it. Then I seen for my own eyes that he wasn't. Then yesterday she done it to me. I was standing at the sink and she started hissing at me and growling. I don't know what to do. 

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know what would be stressing her the lady from the rescue thinks that she is ready for the kittens to leave and is acting out. She says once they are gone she will calm down. But she still allows them to nurse and calls them to her a few times a day to do it.

The diaherra has cleared up. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am wondering if she still feels sick. Or could it be the foster? I know you said lil bit would be pissed.

Last edited:

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am wondering if she still feels sick. Or could it be the foster? I know you said lil bit would be pissed.
I think it is the foster, she is slowly warming up to her. The kittens are doing great. They will be fixed next week and adoption fair is next Saturday. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you are probably right about her stress coming from the foster.

Which kitten(s) have you decided to keep? Are you also keeping the mom?

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am keeping Sweet Pea for sure. I dont know about Lil Bit because of the hissing and stuff. The original plan was to keep her. There is so many things to consider. The cost of food, litter, toys, treats. Right now I am spending  20-40 a week on the basics. Not to metion vet care and the cost of a health problem. I would if I had to pay out of pocket for the coccida infection they would still have it. Then we have a one pet limit here. I am so confused at what to do. Sweet pea is so attached to me and my daughter. She sleeps with us. Hunts for us and cries when I walk out of the room without her. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you rehome Lil Bit through the rescue?  

This may not be what you want to hear, but I just worry that you are giving her a death sentence if you let her go.  If you rehome an older cat with health and behavioral issues, you don't know what is going to happen.  She was your baby first.  I don't know.  I think if I were you, I would see how Lil Bit is when the kittens are gone, when Sweet Pea is spayed, and when the foster is gone.  I would not foster any additional kittens at this time.  Lil Bit clearly needs stability.  I think you need to make Lil Bit's happiness your priority for now and see if you can't get everyone back on the same page.  Maybe even try some anti-anxiety medication for her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think you should keep Lil Bit and Sweet Pea, and no other fosters for now.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sorry I am just frustrated with her right now. Her and Sweet Pea are staying. I have talked to the rescue and told them they need to go this week. I am also trying to find the other foster another placement. She is awesome but so much work. I hate to say this but I am tired. Not just with them. I also have the two toddlers and one is special needs. I will volunteer at event's but no more foster's for a long while. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy it most of the time but right now it's like having 10 kids running around. 

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You have done a beautiful job with your fosters, and taking a break is understandable. You need to take care of yourself and your human children first snd foremost! No apologies necessary!

Glad you are keeping Lil Bit and Sweet Pea. Hopefully, the shelter can re-locate the extra foster quickly, and the other kittens will be getting fixed and be gone soon. Bittersweet, but it's time!

Again, do not feel badly. You've gone above and beyond the call of duty!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am sorry I am just frustrated with her right now. Her and Sweet Pea are staying. I have talked to the rescue and told them they need to go this week. I am also trying to find the other foster another placement. She is awesome but so much work. I hate to say this but I am tired. Not just with them. I also have the two toddlers and one is special needs. I will volunteer at event's but no more foster's for a long while. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy it most of the time but right now it's like having 10 kids running around. 
It makes sense that you are tired!!  You've been through so much!  Try to give yourself a break in every way you can.

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lily went to a new home today. It broke my heart seeing her leave. She kept looking at me like Mommy where am I going. She kept meowing. I told the new owners that if at any time they need to they can bring her back.

Lil Bit seems a little calmer. But what drives me crazy is she insists on using the kittens smaller litter box. And when she does she will miss the box right over the edge. She also digs the litter all over the place. As soon as the money is there I am buying a large hooded one. To keep her from pooping all over the floors. If I knew she could do it I would teach them to use the toilet. 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Lily went to a new home today. It broke my heart seeing her leave. She kept looking at me like Mommy where am I going. She kept meowing. I told the new owners that if at any time they need to they can bring her back.

Lil Bit seems a little calmer. But what drives me crazy is she insists on using the kittens smaller litter box. And when she does she will miss the box right over the edge. She also digs the litter all over the place. As soon as the money is there I am buying a large hooded one. To keep her from pooping all over the floors. If I knew she could do it I would teach them to use the toilet. 
You did the right thing for your other babies by letting Lily go, but it's still ok to be sad.

Can you put puppy training pads under and around the litter box?  Or maybe it's time to get rid of the smaller boxes?  It does sound like there is something Lil Bit likes about them so hopefully you can replicate that.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's always hard to say good-bye. You did right to let the new owners know they can return her if need be. You could give a follow-up call at the end of the week to check up on her if you'd like.

Pee pads around the small boxes are a good solution for now! [emoji]128522[/emoji]