Face Moisturizers - What Do You Use?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What do TCS members use and recommend for a face moisturizer? My face is getting dry after I wash it at night so I'm looking to add a night moisturizer of some kind. I've been looking at some of the big name brands but most night moisturizers help with skin issues I don't have like fine lines, wrinkles, and saggy skin. I just need something to moisturize dry skin and help with dark spots. An oil-free product is a plus since my skin is still prone to breaking out in acne.

Ceracera

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive tried almost ever moisturiser under the sun- from drug store brands to creme de la mer. The only thing that *really* helped me get rid of my acne was the Foreo face brush.

I have a Luna 2, but i actually think the mini 2 is better, cause it can clean the sides of your nose easier. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018T7DHVY/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1514687580&sr=8-1-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65

I’m using a Clea de Peau moisturiser right now, which i think is quite good- their products give your skin this really nice glow, but im not sure if its the silicone doing it -.-

Lancome Hydra Zen, Josei Maran’s Argan Oil are good too.

If youre able to get Asian sheet masks, Jayjun and My Beauty Diary are really good.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I'm using this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DYBS6FS/?tag=&tag=thecatsite
because some lady was selling it at 2 for $40 at Sam's Club, my mom is a sucker for seasonal kiosks, and she was in a gift-giving mood, lol. But that's not really a bad price (most moisturizers cost at least $20 for a reasonably-sized container) and it is very nice. I'm prone to bad skin and it doesn't make me break out or itch or anything. I don't know if it works for dark spots but it certainly moisturizes.

I've used various Olay and other brands, but there's a certain ingredient that makes my skin burn, not sure what it is. It's in sunscreens too. . .I can't wear any sunscreen on my face :/. So I'm always on the look out for something more natural.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer with SPF 15. I have dealt with acne since I was a kid. This doesn't seem to make it any worse. I tend to have oily skin; but get dry skin from acne treatments too. I put this on DD's face in the summer because she's very sensitive to sunscreens. It's better than nothing for sun protection.

ETA: That link doesn't seem to work. Trying again using Target's website: Target : Expect More. Pay Less. I get it at Walmart though.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I second MoochNNoodles' suggestion. I used Neutrogena's Oil Free Moisturizer for years, up until I did a round of Accutane and my face dried up like the Sahara. The Neutrogena will alleviate the tightness and overall dryness you're experiencing without over doing things. Like you Ceracera, I've tried everything. The Accutane I took at 38 leeched every bit of oil from my skin. The Retin A that I use every night doesn't really help with that dryness. La Mer didn't do much but lighten my wallet however Jose Maran's argan oil is great. Oddly enough the best thing I've found is a Eucerain body lotion. It's called Daily Hydration and contains sunflower oil.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
For my eyes - Neutrogena Healthy Skin Eye Cream
For my neck - Gold Bond Neck & Chest Firming Cream
For my face - I switch between Olay Regenerated Serum, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Firming Cream, and L'Oreal Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition

I've tried pretty much everything that's on the market.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, I have a very sensitive, delicate, thin skin. It peels off both for cold and hot seasons, and anything in between :lol:

I use this cream, which has the benefit of been suitable both for day and night use, and I can say that, for my skin, it is a really good product, insanely affordable, that works better (again, for my skin) than all high end brands that I've tried.

Freedom Makeup London Pro Studio Moisture Cream | tambeauty.com

I think that most things from this web page can be bought in the USA through Ulta.

Whatever you decide, let us know :)

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel. Anything else makes my face break out.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
During the daytime I use Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, (Not the Lotion), there's a big difference. The Gel is oil-free and I prefer it much better. At night I use a product I buy at my dermatologist, cannot buy it in stores or on-line. I don't have an acne or skin problem but learned about it unexpectedly on an office visit.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I do a five step K-beauty routine at night. I got mine from Soko Glam, Soko Glam. In the morning I cleanse with a scrub (natural apricot fragments not the artificial beads which are a huge environmental problem) then Aveeno day lotion and No7 eye cream.

The five step routine before bed has really been a game changer. My skin is so soft and smooth. They have different kits depending on specific problem target. You can also do a 10 step if you really want to hit it hard. The product sizes are really nice too compared with US skin products. I don't have wrinkles yet either but I go first for sensitive skin and second for anti-aging. It's too late to really do anything about wrinkles once you see them. My Mom always told me to treat for the problem ten years from now so it won't be a problem.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gold Bond ultimate healing with aloe. I use it on my face and hands. Its non greasy and keeps my skin soft.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The best thing I've ever found both for removing (eye) make-up and moisturizing my face is Albolene Cream. It's a bit hard to find. Walgreens sometimes has it, but otherwise the best bets are Amazon and ebay.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've tried Olay before, in high school I think. I broke out in an itchy rash and acne flare up so I'm reluctant to try it again:paranoid:

My day moisturizer is currently a Garnier one with SPF. It works well for the most part. Occasionally I'll use Ponds Classic Face Cream or Neutrogena Hydro Boost. Those two tend to cause break outs, though, and I'm not even using too much product :ohwell: I don't need an SPF formula for night time ;)

I guess I would say my skin type is confusing: sometimes combination, mostly dry in the winter, always oily in the summer.

Has anyone tried Origins? There's two products I'm interested in, a night "vitamins" cream and a day cream that is supposed to help with dark spots. The dark spots on my cheeks and chin annoy me :cringe:

I'll take a look at the suggestions everyone has made so far :agree:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was wearing make-up, I was using Origins.. I loved it.. I still do, on occasion. It is a really good product line. I forget what I moisturizer from them, I was using.

I have been using Cetaphil lotion, for years. During the summer, I switched to Neutrogena daily facial moisturizer because it has a sunscreen in it. I always use sunscreen.

For some reason, I recently felt the Cetaphil was a bit 'greasy' for me. I tried a bottle of Cerave Daily skin cream ~~ yes, using it for my face. I really like it. Has made it really soft, without any residue. I think I am going to buy another bottle when this one runs out. I have been using it for a month..

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I love Clineque. Its in a green bottle and its step 3 of the face cleaning..i never use the other products. I got to Google it. Its a yellow colored cream and it doesnt sting or dry my face out.

Ok its not in a green bottle...that was another cream i was thinking of.

Heres the cream:

Screenshot_20171231-145803.png

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Clinique!!! OMGosh... that was one of my favorite lines, until the moisturizer was not strong enough for me.. that was all they had at the time..
and I was getting a bit of an allergic reaction to some of their eye shadows (sparkly ones) and a few lipsticks...

I switched over to Origins.. loved them.. still do..

They are all owned by the same Major Cosmetic House; which also owns Estee Lauder.. learned that through a cosmetic class I took, years ago, at the Boston Center for Adult Education...

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I also used Clinique for years, the yellow lotion. I too started to need something more as I got older. I switched to Estee Lauder Revitalizing Supreme Light. The Light is oil free and the regular does contain oil. Clinique is actually a division of Estee Lauder. The Estee Lauder does seem expensive when you buy it but it lasts for months because a little goes a long way.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
The green bottle was an avon one...its discontinued. It was a sea green flat round jar that Jon used for years. He's a red head with sensitive skin...and he noticed as he got older he needed somethinf for his face...i found it at a flea market through an avon vendor. Then found 10 bottles from this yard sale and it lasted 5 years...now he uses nothing..he doesnt like the clinique...so yeah even men have dry sensitive skin...

Ive got to find that avon one..and i ordered clinique. If you spend 45 they have a good sized kit for free. I needed exfoliating cream anyways...so i will see how it works..its been a few years sinxe2i bought any.

I did try a Revlon face cream that was $30 on sale..wish i kept the jar..that one seemed to flow on nicely. I tried ponds face cream :barfgreen: I hate the smell and feel. :headshake: