Exotic BAN bill in Ohio

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I read it, and found most of it so appalling, I just don't know what to say. I just don't understand how people that do not share their home with some kind of animal can claim to care about animals. Do away with having pets? There has got to something seriously wrong with them.
Using the plight of all the animal Katrina victims to line their own pockets leaves me speechless.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok everyone, seems like this bill nonsense is getting ready to heat up again. The state representative, along another guy who tells nothing but lies, was on TV news in Columbus yesterday, spitting out their lies and a spin on the truth. Some of you helped us a lot in the spring and we need your help again very soon. You did make a huge impact on the rest of the state representatives, that is why this bill has stalled so far.
The AR has not rested, so we need to keep up the fight. I will let you know what you can do and when. For all the people here who are from Ohio, I am counting on you the most. However, anyone and everyone can help. I think we really got the state legislature's attention, with the out of state people writing them as well. I attended the hearings and the representatives asked the state representative, who introduced this bill, many questions. We educated them and we need to continue this. I will keep you all posted and let you know what you can do ASAP

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HUMMM... We are all animals so in essense the AR idots shouldnt be allowed near other humans.. I am guessing there thought process is not of this level..

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

HUMMM... We are all animals so in essense the AR idots shouldnt be allowed near other humans.. I am guessing there thought process is not of this level..
Good point
I really don't understand where they get their thought process from, especially the one where they feel animals are better of dead, than to enjoy their life living with humans. This way off base thinking, is something we have to drive home to our state legislators. Let them know, that this bill is written and sponsored by the AR, they are very irrational and so is this bill.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/663521.htmlLooks like for now, a proposed ban on exotics in North Carolina was stopped
I said for now, because I am sure it will come back, but this is still great news. Of course, look who was backing the bill. An extremist AR group from California called API (Animal Protection Institute), who by the way, has HUGE ties with HSUS. This same radical group, is the same one pushing for a ban in Ohio. I say, lets ban this group API. I want them to know, they will not tell me what animals I can or can not own. API and others like them, must be stopped. I applaud North Carolina. I hope they keep up the good work

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

I'm glad you did, as did I. But, I think we are the only ones
No you're not.

These multi million dollar groups don't do much to fight animal abuse. For example, none of them have spoken up in support of HB 22, which would make animal abuse a felony in Ohio. They are too busy harassing responsible exotic pet parents and other people who are not doing anything wrong.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ConsumerKitty

No you're not.

These multi million dollar groups don't do much to fight animal abuse. For example, none of them have spoken up in support of HB 22, which would make animal abuse a felony in Ohio. They are too busy harassing responsible exotic pet parents and other people who are not doing anything wrong.
I couldn't agree with you more

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ConsumerKitty

I got a response letter from representative Tom Brinkman, Jr. He is very opposed to the ban. Here is an excerpt from his letter:

"I ran a platform on Limited Government and Lower Taxes and will not change. If law abiding citizens wish to own exotic animals, then so be it. It is not my wish, nor should it be the government's responsibility, to regulate every activity known to mankind."

Wow. I know I am REALLY late on this... but can you tell me where this guy is so I can move to his district?!

Wow again.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Here is a wonderful video produced by a fellow exotic cat owner. Say NO to exotic animal bans and ALL bad animal legislation!! Some of the words go by a little fast, so you may need to hit pause to read it.
http://www.youtube.com/REXANOEXOTICS
Thank you... that is heartwarming... and since I was at a meeting on how to stop BSL tonight quite pertinant

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

Thank you... that is heartwarming... and since I was at a meeting on how to stop BSL tonight quite pertinant
Some of the pictures just made me so depressed. The one of the lady hugging that cougar made me miss my boy so much. These laws and these AR people must be stopped. If you need any help with your BSL fight, please let me know. BSL is another way the AR want to eliminate our pets. They start with specific breeds and then will move on to ALL breeds. I have stated many times, it started with exotics, but it is now including our domestics. With all the FACTS out there, some people still don't believe me. I fully support you in your fight against BSL. Let people know the truth, on the Animal Rights groups who are behind these laws as well.
For those who do not know, BSL stands for Breed Specific Legislation. In other words, that is the AR's way of BANNING all pets!!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No updates on the bill at the moment
but I have a link to the Feline Conservation Federation an organization of which my wife and I are members. http://www.felineconservation.org/default.aspThere you can read about other responsible exotic cat owners, the preservation of wilcats in the wild, in which the FCF is a big part of and other interesting exotic cat stuff. You can also join this organization if you desire. You do not have to own exotic cats, but should support the purpose and goals of our organization which can be found here http://www.felineconservation.org/or...ose.asp?key=47

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please. Here is the latest update on this bill
The ODNR has come forward as officially opposed to HB45. So therefore, there will be no more hearings on this bill. We are going to make an appointment to talk to the ODNR to see if we can firm up their opposition to the bill. There are no guarantees in politics, so we will need to stay diligent about this bill. We still have another year to go and anything can happen. But for now, we can take a deep breath and enjoy our animals!!
My God, this just made my day

As stated, there are no guarantees, but this is very very good news.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I have your attention please. Here is the latest update on this bill
The ODNR has come forward as officially opposed to HB45. So therefore, there will be no more hearings on this bill..
Woo-hoo!!!!!!
That is terrific

I believe this calls for a celebration!