Ender - Large Cell Lymphoma

itsamidge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone.  My name is Meredith and I am new to this group.  My 9 year old cat, Ender was just diagnosed with Large Cell Lymphoma.  He has a large tumor in his stomach.  We know we don't have much time left with him but we would like to get as much time as possible.  We have started him on Prednisolone and are looking at putting him on chemo (Lumostine) once every three weeks.  Can anyone with any experience with Lumostine tell me how their cat reacted to it?  I really want to give him the best quality of life possible and I'm very concerned it will make him sicker.

Also,  I have started to look into holistic treatments that may help.  Does anyone have any recommendations for those?  I have ordered the Vitality Science Advanced Immune Restoration Protocol and the NHV ES Clear.  Are there any others I should look at? 

Thank you so much for your help!

Meredith

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a member here, LDG, who had a kitty with large cell lymphoma.  Her kitty had a large tumor in his stomach that had fused to the stomach lining and therefor was inoperable.   She got chemo for Lazlo and he had I believe 4 good years in complete remission.  She went to a holistic vet as well but the holistic vet told her that his best chance was with the chemo.  I don't remember the specifics of the treatment.  I think there were multiple rounds of different chemo drugs.

ruthm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you received this diagnosis, but it sounds like you and your vet have a plan of action.  If you haven't done so, I would encourage you to join the Feline Lymphoma Support Group on Yahoo and ask your questions, there are very informative and wonderful people who have experience with this.  Here is the link if you are interested, please know that you have my support as well, I am sending my strongest healing vibes for you and Ender.

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/feline_lymphoma/info

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm so sorry to here about Ender's issues.  I also have a cat with a chronic disease, and it's always difficult

Here is Lazlo's thread:  http://www.thecatsite.com/t/234030/mega-massive-vibes-for-lazlo-urgent.  It's quite long, but might be worth the read. 

He did, indeed, live for 4 years after being diagnosed with Large Cell Lymphoma, and in the end THAT is not what he died from.   He was not on the same drugs as Ender will be on, but I do believe he was also on many different Chinese medicines for different things as he developed ulcers, etc.

Chemo for animals is much different than chemo for humans.  They tend to tolerate it much better than we do  As far as which alternataive meds to look at, I think those would depend on the cat, AND what particular issue they might be having at a moment in time.  I'm not familiar with that particular product from Vitality Science,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

itsamidge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you Ruth.  I am already a member there.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

itsamidge

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone!  I will take a look at that thread.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wishing Ender a full recovery. I am glad you are online looking for options. I am a huge believer in educating yourself so you can make the best decisions. Sady, this site has to many examples where relying on one vet's opinion is not enough. Sending Ender healing vibes 

you might want to check out this thread also http://www.thecatsite.com/t/310776/angel-isnt-doing-well

Last edited: