Emergency! Sick kitten! Cannot see a Vet!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay so Mum couldn't find any MiraLAX, but we found some Movcol. It contains the same polyethylene salt as well as sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride and potassium chloride. Would this be alright for her?

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Okay so

Searching for cat food in Lahore Pakistan

~ moist whiskas
https://tazamart.pk/shop/other/pet-food/cat-food/   found Royal Canin and Iams dry kibbles only

http://www.kaymu.pk/pet-accessories/

Would love to donate if someone wants to organize a cat food drive for this young lady <3
Thankyou for the links omg!! I'll look into them right away, hopefully I'll be able to persuade Mum to buy me some :-) They aren't very expensive either?? That's weird, they're normally sold for much more in the supermarkets...

Also Me-O is full of fillers :-( I used to give it to Button when he was a kitten but his poop was HORRIBLE with it. That's why I prefer to feed them raw, they're much MUCH healthier on it. And the royal canin and iams is very expensive (plus I've read a few articles that suggest it isn't the best for cats) but I will have a word with Mum if you think that cat-food is what she really needs! :-)

fairycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Okay so Mum couldn't find any MiraLAX, but we found some Movcol. It contains the same polyethylene salt as well as sodium bicarbonate, sodium chloride and potassium chloride. Would this be alright for her?
Hmmm, I searched "is Movicol safe for cats" and it seems because of the extra ingredients many people seem to think it could possibly be harmful, but others have given it to their cats with no problem. I don't know, maybe you could try less than an 1/8th of it? It's been three days now? My kitty went a little over four days before he went. Also, one vet said milk can help and you have been giving her that, so that's good.

Also, I think what you feed your cats is great. I don't know if you are aware, but there is a movement in America to get cats on raw/less processed diets, you just have to make sure they get all their vitamins and minerals and may need supplements to help with that.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
There still haven't been any poops :-( I gave him 1/8 of a teaspoon of the Movicol and he STILL hasn't gone. It's been 8 hours now. That's 4 days of no-pooping! I'm starting to get really worried :-( Should I give him one more dose of the Movicol?

Apart from this he's still active and I've introduced him to my other cats and he's happily playing with them. As I type this, he's scratching at the sofa and jumping up onto the armchair (and falling!). He isn't even TRYING to poop, so could it just be that he generally doesn't have to go? He's peeing a lot though, about every 3-4 hours. Maybe it's because he only has a few chicken bits a day and most of the time he prefers to lap up soup? Mum said it could be because he's taking up all the nutrients that he lost during the few days when he wasn't eating at the factory. He's only pooped twice since he's been here :-( Once on the day he got here, and another time about 2/3 days after that.

Every so often he will just lay on the floor though, flat down on his belly, could this be a sign of something?

His stomach isn't very firm, tbh, it's rather squishy if you squish the sides. The underside of it is a little firm though, he doesn't seem to be in any pain when I squish it, however. His butt also seems clean and 'normal'. He's also eating perfectly alright and keeps waking me up for food when I'm napping! He'll climb all over me to get to his chicken. If he was constipated, wouldn't he stop eating altogether? Does anyone know what could possibly be causing this constipation? And how to cure it?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's possible she's using all the nutrients and hasn't had enough solids to have to poop yet. I don't think I'd worry unless her stomach is hard or painful. When they're fed real meat they poop a lot less anyway.

fairycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, don't know if you gave her/him more yet, but it sounds like she's feeling well enough to play, so it's not making her feel unwell. Just be careful since it has those extra ingredients in it, but people do give Miralax twice a day. Based on your last post, I would wait until the next day to give more since she seems to be feeling well.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's possible she's using all the nutrients and hasn't had enough solids to have to poop yet. I don't think I'd worry unless her stomach is hard or painful. When they're fed real meat they poop a lot less anyway.
Hmm yes, my other cats poop every other day, sometimes even less! I THINK that she pooped yesterday though, I'm not sure. I found a long sausage poop in her litterbox that I'm pretty sure hadn't been there before. It was a bit firm though, but didn't crumble when I squished it. It just 'squished' a little when I squished it so I think it was fairly new :-)

Hi, don't know if you gave her/him more yet, but it sounds like she's feeling well enough to play, so it's not making her feel unwell. Just be careful since it has those extra ingredients in it, but people do give Miralax twice a day. Based on your last post, I would wait until the next day to give more since she seems to be feeling well.
And no I haven't given him anymore! He's eating and playing alright so I think I'm just being a worry-pot as usual lmaooo. Also, his solids have increased and his liquids have decreased (he still drinks water and has his soup 3 times a day but he's eating A LOT more chicken) so I'm hoping he'll poop more frequently soon :-)

Also, another thing! I checked his ear today and the pus seems to be getting lumpy rather than just liquidy. I cleaned away all the dry puss because it seemed to be irritating him and I found a wound on the 'lump' thing that's in a cats ear (I'm not quite sure what it's called, it's that lump thing that's inside the ear but you can still see it if you bend the flap back a little) It looks like something was 'eating away' at the lump, though it seems to be healing nicely and is pink and looks clean. Should I clean it with some piodine (is this safe for cats?? It's got antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties and it's a topical orange ointment thingie) to make sure the bacteria stays away from it? Another thing, eventhough I've been doing my best to get him to stop scratching his ear, he seems to have made himself bald around it. :-( The fur was all matted so I clipped it away and brushed it out a little. He has no lacerations or anything around the ear, it's just gone bald! Is there anything I can do for this or will it get better eventually? Another thing, the base of his ear (not the actual ear just below it, on his face) seems kind of squishy and if I push it pus comes out? I'm wiping away any pus that I see about every hour or so, should I continue doing this or should I stop?

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very cute! I really think you should leave the ear alone and let the antibiotics work.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is, isn't she? :-) I'm so happy with how much she's improved.

And alright! I will do, is there any way I can stop her itching it though? I attempted to make her a makeshift 'cone' but she didn't seem to like it so instead I'm just gently lowering her foot whenever she goes to scratch!

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh! And I forgot to mention, he was nibbling on my fingers today and I noticed that his two 'front teeth' (I think they're incisors? The ones on the top and between his canines!) are wobbly? There's a tooth missing in between them and then the two beside the missing one are wobbly, like very VERY wobbly. Is this normal? There don't seem to be any teeth that are pushing through them or anything :-/

I was thinking that it could be because he wasn't weaned onto soft wet food but was eating crunchy chicken feet and chicken heads straight away. Could this be what has happened or is it just him teething? It doesn't seem to stop him from wanted to eat everything I give him though!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they lose their incisors pretty young. I'm not sure what the point of that is---they only have their baby teeth for a couple weeks :dk:. Seems like a poor survival strategy, lol. It probably makes their teeth stronger to be weaned onto raw, don't worry about that. No better food for a cat than a raw chicken head ;).

fairycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww she/he's looking well
I think it's good to wipe the pus away so that it doesn't accumulate. Iodine seems safe to use if you think she needs it, maybe just a dab on that one little spot. There probably isn't much you can do to stop her scratching except trying to stop her like you have been. What a cutie!

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, they lose their incisors pretty young. I'm not sure what the point of that is---they only have their baby teeth for a couple weeks
. Seems like a poor survival strategy, lol. It probably makes their teeth stronger to be weaned onto raw, don't worry about that. No better food for a cat than a raw chicken head
I'm glad it's probably just the teething :-) He's probably about 12-13 weeks old now! And haha alright, thankyou! He really seems to like his raw chicken, he always almost bites my fingers off to get it! He isn't eating the chicken heads anymore though, is this because his wobbly teeth are bugging him? Oh well, as long as he's eating SOMETHING I don't mind what it is!

Awww she/he's looking well
I think it's good to wipe the pus away so that it doesn't accumulate. Iodine seems safe to use if you think she needs it, maybe just a dab on that one little spot. There probably isn't much you can do to stop her scratching except trying to stop her like you have been. What a cutie!
Thankyou! Her head seems to be getting rounder as it fills in, haha. And oki I will do. It's really gross because whenever she shakes her head the pus flies everywhere lmaooo. I will use the iodine on her just once or twice a day, when I see the pus starting to get all watery and annoying her :-) She tolerates it very well!

Also I was wondering if I could post a picture of her bottom to see if you guys could help sex him properly? I thinnnnk shes a girl, but I'm not sure!

He's looking better!  So cute!!
Ikr! He's starting to become really playful and loud lmaoooo, he's adorable!

fairycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thankyou! Her head seems to be getting rounder as it fills in, haha. And oki I will do. It's really gross because whenever she shakes her head the pus flies everywhere lmaooo. I will use the iodine on her just once or twice a day, when I see the pus starting to get all watery and annoying her :-) She tolerates it very well!

Also I was wondering if I could post a picture of her bottom to see if you guys could help sex him properly? I thinnnnk shes a girl, but I'm not sure!

Ha, that does sound icky, that's great that she tolerates it well, most of my cats can't stand to have their ears cleaned. Sure, post a pic-when my youngest male cat, who was a stray, first started coming around the house I looked at him and was like, yep, he's a boy. Then, my sister said he was a girl and I was like, no, I don't think so,

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it's probably just the teething :-) He's probably about 12-13 weeks old now! And haha alright, thankyou! He really seems to like his raw chicken, he always almost bites my fingers off to get it! He isn't eating the chicken heads anymore though, is this because his wobbly teeth are bugging him? Oh well, as long as he's eating SOMETHING I don't mind what it is!

Give him/her chicken wings. They like them but NOT cooked. Only raw