Emergency! Sick kitten! Cannot see a Vet!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Regarding anemia, it's the color of the gums, as well as the condition of kitten, I've just seen and dealt with so many sickies, if this kitten weren't anemic I would have been shocked.

Anemia takes time, like months to repair itself, so it's not something you will see happen fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Ha, that does sound icky, that's great that she tolerates it well, most of my cats can't stand to have their ears cleaned. Sure, post a pic-when my youngest male cat, who was a stray, first started coming around the house I looked at him and was like, yep, he's a boy. Then, my sister said he was a girl and I was like, no, I don't think so,
I tried taking a picture of her yesterday, but she kept wriggling away so that didn't go according to plan. I've been looking at pictures of butts on google though, lmao, and I figured that she's a girl :-) And her ears are getting better! There's a lot of improvement and the wound is starting to heal!

The kitten looks very much better! What a difference in a day! That little baby sure is a cutie with those eyes and big ears!!
Haha ikr! She's improving so much such a little fighter :-) I'm so proud of how far she's come! Hopefully she continues to improve!
Give him/her chicken wings. They like them but NOT cooked. Only raw
Yes, I know cooked ones can splinter in their mouth etc. She isn't too fond of chicken wings, though, I've tried her on them already. She's reluctant to chew much with her front teeth still being wobbly. She only eats if I hold it out to her and she grabs the food with the teeth she has on the side :-) She's eating lots though! And her appetite is increasing a lot. She seems to like breast and thigh more than anything else!

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Actually I'm sure it's a girl, but indiebutton will say he/him/his at times.

Or am I confusing this thread with another where a pic was posted of that area and I said it's a girl?......

By now if he is a he/boy, he will have little "jewels", if not then a girl.

Unless cryptorchid, but we won't even go there......!! TMI

Yes, it was a different thread! Sorry for that.

Regarding anemia, it's the color of the gums, as well as the condition of kitten, I've just seen and dealt with so many sickies, if this kitten weren't anemic I would have been shocked.

Anemia takes time, like months to repair itself, so it's not something you will see happen fast.
Ahh I see. And how does anemia normally come about? Is it due to not eating or? Her gums are like a pale-ish pink? I will try to post a picture, but she isn't fond of me prodding around in her mouth! And how will I know once the anemia starts to go? I hope it starts to heal soon!

Also, she's doing MUCH MUCH MUCH better today! She pooped yesterday as well, a very long sausage that was the perfect colour, and! No blood! I'm glad to know that the blood was just due to her ulcers and nose-bleed :-) Her stomach is nice and round and squishy and she's starting to run around a lot (she gallops though, it's so funny!) and scratch at the sofa's and bite at our toes, it's really cute :-) Butty and Indie are tolerating her. Indie was very curious to start with and would swat at her gently (he does this with everything he's uncertain about lmao) and sniff her everywhere, he even got a swat off of her for sniffing her butt! They're alright with each other now though, after Indie started yowling and growling at her poop. Butty is still a little wary. He's not very brave and gets scared easily so he hisses at her if she moves while he's trying to sniff her. She's caught on though and has learned that they need their space :-)

She's also starting to play with string and little balls of paper, she skids after them and swats them and rolls over, it's really cute and I'm so happy to see her acting like a proper kitten!

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Ahh I see. And how does anemia normally come about? Is it due to not eating or? Her gums are like a pale-ish pink? I will try to post a picture, but she isn't fond of me prodding around in her mouth! And how will I know once the anemia starts to go? I hope it starts to heal soon!

Also, she's doing MUCH MUCH MUCH better today! She pooped yesterday as well, a very long sausage that was the perfect colour, and! No blood! I'm glad to know that the blood was just due to her ulcers and nose-bleed :-) Her stomach is nice and round and squishy and she's starting to run around a lot (she gallops though, it's so funny!) and scratch at the sofa's and bite at our toes, it's really cute :-) Butty and Indie are tolerating her. Indie was very curious to start with and would swat at her gently (he does this with everything he's uncertain about lmao) and sniff her everywhere, he even got a swat off of her for sniffing her butt! They're alright with each other now though, after Indie started yowling and growling at her poop. Butty is still a little wary. He's not very brave and gets scared easily so he hisses at her if she moves while he's trying to sniff her. She's caught on though and has learned that they need their space :-)

She's also starting to play with string and little balls of paper, she skids after them and swats them and rolls over, it's really cute and I'm so happy to see her acting like a proper kitten!
It def sounds like she is feeling so much better already, from the grave state she was in before. Good job!

Anemia/lack of red blood cells most commonly happens from a flea infestation, fleas suck out so much of their blood, and they don't have but a couple spoons in them as it is, but it is also from severely poor nutrition, so her red cells aren't able to multiply the amt they should be.

I always ask people to choose one.

White, white with a just a slight hint of pink, pale pinkish white, pale pink, pink.

Just helps to tell how anemic she is.

I really want to see her eating canned cat food though. There is no way that you can ensure all of the nutrients her body needs, and she def. needs all the help she can get.

Oh, the comment about feeding bloody liver, that blood doesn't help hers, it gets digested like anything else that enters her tummy.

Last edited:

fairycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear how well she's doing indie-n-button!

Last edited by a moderator:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried taking a picture of her yesterday, but she kept wriggling away so that didn't go according to plan. I've been looking at pictures of butts on google though, lmao, and I figured that she's a girl :-) And her ears are getting better! There's a lot of improvement and the wound is starting to heal!

Haha ikr! She's improving so much such a little fighter :-) I'm so proud of how far she's come! Hopefully she continues to improve!

Yes, I know cooked ones can splinter in their mouth etc. She isn't too fond of chicken wings, though, I've tried her on them already. She's reluctant to chew much with her front teeth still being wobbly. She only eats if I hold it out to her and she grabs the food with the teeth she has on the side :-) She's eating lots though! And her appetite is increasing a lot. She seems to like breast and thigh more than anything else!
Try when his new set of teeth come in. Give him something to chew on.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

It def sounds like she is feeling so much better already, from the grave state she was in before. Good job!

Anemia/lack of red blood cells most commonly happens from a flea infestation, fleas suck out so much of their blood, and they don't have but a couple spoons in them as it is, but it is also from severely poor nutrition, so her red cells aren't able to multiply the amt they should be.

I always ask people to choose one.

White, white with a just a slight hint of pink, pale pinkish white, pale pink, pink.

Just helps to tell how anemic she is.

I really want to see her eating canned cat food though. There is no way that you can ensure all of the nutrients her body needs, and she def. needs all the help she can get.

Oh, the comment about feeding bloody liver, that blood doesn't help hers, it gets digested like anything else that enters her tummy.
I'm so proud with how well she's doing :-) She's eating lots of chicken all by herself and is starting to sniff around at chicken heads. Though she isn't eating them yet. Her front incisors are starting to come through! They broke the skin today, I didn't know they grew so quick! Another thing, her teeth are slightly yellow. Should I start brushing them? The only problem is I doubt that we can get cat toothbrushes over here and Mum wouldn't let me order one online :-( Would a little childrens toothbrush do the job?

But she didn't have any fleas at all! Or ticks, or worms (as far as I'm aware of, she hasn't got a potbelly and isn't vomiting and doesn't have diarrhea). She was only not eating for two days before she came to me, is this enough time for anemia to set in? Anemia sure does sound scary :-( But she's still very active and isn't lethargic at all! Her gums at the moment are a pale pink, I'd say? Not very white. If I press them, the colour comes back fairly quickly.

And canned food is very scarce over here. Mum would only get it if she can find it in the supermarkets, she doesn't like ordering stuff online etc. And I'm a bit iffy with commercial cat food myself, especially the stuff over here. Lots of horror stories have been told to me about it... the cat food is of very bad quality over here, full of grains and cereals and too little meat :-( I'm feeding her raw at the moment, which I feel is the best for her. She's getting liver, heart, the 'stomach' of the chicken, lungs, tongues, breast and thighs. As well as a little honey, buffalo's milk and yogurt. Everything is free-range and natural over here, no added chemicals or stuff that could harm her :-) In fact, I see the buffalo that the milk comes from whenever I go with my Mum to buy some! Oh and she gets some egg too, about once every other day, I mix it in with her soup :-) She also likes the 'cream' that comes off of the milk when we boil it so that we can drink it. She gets it unboiled.

Also there's been so much improvement yesterday! She did 2 healthy poops, no sign of blood :-) She did a total of 4 plops! 3 plops were in the first round and 1 in the second round :-) She wasn't straining either, so hopefully the Movicol did it's job! Her water intake has cut down a lot, she still drinks but not as much. I keep doing the 'tent-test' and it snaps back quickly. She is also VERY active, and has started to boss around my other two tom's lmao. Button isn't very impressed with how she thinks she can rule the both of them and hisses at her if she takes it too far. indie doesn't seem to understand why she won't play with him. He will run up to her VERY fast and make a really loud meowing sound (somewhat croaky, he's like a little frog!) and then run away and skid across the floor. He does this with Button and he chases him, but Sparrow didn't want any of it!! She's playing a lot though with me, she's very interested in anything that dangles and will instantly pounce on it :-) She's starting to act like a kitten should! I have noticed that she tends to pant a lot after running around for an hour or so. Well not a lot, just one or two breaths with her mouth open. It is VERY hot over here though, and we don't have an AC, just a fan. Even I'm sweating! I will put an ice-cube in her water, as well as my other cats' water to cool them down :-)
Try when his new set of teeth come in. Give him something to chew on.
And okay I will do! We do have a really large hoard of chicken wings in the fridge, Mum went on a spree the other day and brought LOADS of them, god knows what she's going to cook with them all!

Sorry, thought you were asking about my cat because of your quote.

So glad to hear how well she's doing indie-n-button!
Thankyou! I'm very glad she's alright too :-) Hopefully she'll continue to improve!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have an intact male, correct? Do you plan to keep this kitten?

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, we have 2 intact males! And I'm not too sure yet, it depends if I can give her to one of my friends (who only has another female cat) or if I can persuade Mum to rake up some money to get our two toms neutered by a private vet :-) I'd really love to keep her though! She's such a sweetheart!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I would recommend getting the boys snipped. Otherwise they may start spraying and being annoying with roaming. AND miss Kitten can get pregnant as young as 4 months or 6 months even if she DOESNT go into heat. So I would focus on getting them snipped. She can get spayed at 3 months old if you rather do that but it would be best if all 3 cats get snipped/tucked.

Have you lived with a female cat in heat? Its VERY annoying. And uncomfortable for her as well. Not to mention the chance of breast cancer/mammory cancer if they are intact. Males usually calm down and get friendlier without the hormones raging.

You can get one boy done in June and the next boy inJuly. Then the kitten done in August.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's a little hard over here to find a vet over here that neuters and spays, it's kind of a cultural thing that the people over here feel that we should keep our pets with what they have. I have found a private clinic that does it though I'll just have to go and have a look and get a feel of the staff and see if I like the atmosphere etc. Also I have another problem as Butty and Indie are both REALLY skittish around people, so I wouldn't want to stress them out :-( Indie has already started spraying, which was why we made the outdoor enclosure for him (it's connected indoors so he has access to a very large 'territory') and that's helped his spraying and yowling cut down a lot :-) He still yells a lot when he sees one of the tom's come and investigate the area, but that's it :-) Butty's over a year old and he's not spraying or yowling yet (is this normal??), though he's a very mellow cat. He yowls when a tom cat comes too, but that's it!

So I think it would be best to get the female spayed, even if it will be a bit more expensive. She'll be more used to people seeing as she's still only a kitten, hopefully it will work out!

And no I've never had a female cat before, I've heard them outside though, and they're so LOUD! I heard they bleed too? Like they're on their period? And yes I've done a lot of research on this topic so know about the threats of mammary cancer :-/ I hope that we do end up spaying her, I'll talk about it with Mum :-)

Anyway! She's doing very well and is currently sleeping :-) She's getting lots of chub around her legs and stomach and I've noticed that she seems to have a really exotic look about her? Almost like a singapura but not quite! I'll upload some pictures tomorrow, it's a little too late now to get any good lighting :-)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be important for you to make sure her new owner spays her if you give her away. You wouldn't want another situation like how you got this little one! It's also extremely likely that she'd get out and get pregnant regardless of the owner's intentions.

Do you know what came of her mom and littermate?

Anyway, I applaud you, as always, for your care. You are clearly very thoughtful and your cats are very lucky.

Edit - I do agree that you need the support of a good vet, too. There are always emergencies.

Last edited:

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do hope the private clinic you have found works out OK, even if it is expensive. It is so important to have a vet somewhere in a real emergency. I think we aree all really worried about you trying to do everything without any professional hhelp nearby. There is only a limited number of things we can help you with over the internet.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do hope the private clinic you have found works out OK, even if it is expensive. It is so important to have a vet somewhere in a real emergency. I think we aree all really worried about you trying to do everything without any professional hhelp nearby. There is only a limited number of things we can help you with over the internet.
So do I! The pictures they have on their FB seem to be alright, as are the reviews. But again, people over here blindly trust vets to do the right thing, I'm not like that. I ask a tonne of questions to be 100% sure that my furbabies are getting the best care. While asking these questions I've found that almost every vet I've gone to is underqualified and shouldn't be allowed to work with animals, even if they are considered to be the 'best in town'. The problem over here is also that people are so easily corrupted. Even the police are easy to bribe with a small amount of money and they easily forget any crime you've committed. The only good thing that's coming out of all of this is that I'm getting more experienced with home care for my babies, but I still agree that I DO need a vet just in case something happens that I can't solve, God forbid anything like that ever happens, though :-(

We did have a vet that I thought was very good. He was one of my Mum's friends. But he recently tried administering Calpol to Sparrow and that's when I backed away and haven't gone back to him since! When my other cat, Butty, had an obstruction, I also went to him and I had to triple check every single medicine that he told me to give him (I had to give him Flagyl and Entox) before I was comfortable with administering the meds. THANKFULLY, with lots of care and force-feeding and warm soaks, Butty managed to poop out the string that he'd injested. I have to be EXTRA careful around the house to make sure I don't leave anything around that they can eat. Plus, they're on a raw diet to cut down on a lot of health problems that commercial food can cause. A lot of the stuff is fresh and organic here too, so I think that helps a bit. Fingers crossed the hard work pays off and they stay healthy!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish you were local-So we could help set up a lowcost spay/neuter-the boys WILL continue to spray until they get snipped.

Get the one that is spraying FIXED ASAP. otherwise the other two will follow.

The boy is spraying because he feels he has to defend his territory-EVEN if he stays indoors-they see another cat outside on his turf=SPRAYING.

This is his way of telling the other cats=I am in CHARGE. and its just unnecessary to NOT fix the boys.-they will live longer lives  without the hormones raging...imagine how it must feel to be a cat and hormones dictate their every move.

Make sure if you have questions/concerns to bring them up to the new clinic. I really think you are making a wonderful choice to look into getting this done. Yes its a life change but the boys will be so much happier WITHOUT those raging hormones.

And miss Kitten wont have to worry about her brothers humping her. She will need to wait to get much stronger before you put her through a surgery so it makes sense to do the older kids NOW. then after a few months when she recovers-she will be much healthier for her spay. Just try to keep her contained in your yard until she is fixed-she is much too sick and young to carry a litter of kittens.

U are doing a bang up job of taking care of this fragil kitten!

Also make sure not to leave out string. They can eat it and cause issues with her colon-I went through this in January. My Honeybee in my profile ate a toy mouse with yarn and it almost resulted in expensive exploratory surgery. So try to keep string locked away unless supervised-I prefer wider ribbon type things-just make sure they cant shred and eat it.

I am sure you heard about the dangers of tinsel for Christmas trees-same idea=cats love to eat it but since its undigestible then it causes trouble in the small intestine so I tell anyone with kittens/young cats=just save yourself the aggravation and get rid of string type temptations and toys with string. It ticks me off to walk into a pet store and half if not all of the mouse toys have string on them.

Also make sure you keep any cleaning solutions/hair gel/chemicals we use for our makeup/hair/house cleaning-keep UP high lockd away=pretend you have a toddler who wants to put everything in their mouths=now that kitten is feeling better-we don't want her to eat/sniff/lick/play with something that could harm her.

And again you are a good kid. I can't even remember what I was doing at your age other than nonsense about boys and school. I had cats but I didn't stick around to take care of them other than litterbox cleaning and feed-I may not have had pets by that age-cant remember..

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry-I posted the above before I read your newest post=so never mind about being careful about string=looks like you already dealt with this crap..my kitty had to get IV fluids to help wait for the string to get into the large colon..luckily she pooped it out but she was vomiting pretty bad the two days before she pooped it out....never mind!! you got it all covered!!

I am sorry that you guys deal with corruption..its the same here..we have people who get let go if they have money to pay off the lawyers and judges. We have had people convicted of animal abuse=but the judge let it go-and we all screamed who paid you off??

That was in regards to Katniss the kitten in Chattanooga Tennessee. Who was cared for by Dr  Todd Dolen.

Now we have Tiger who was shot by a vet-who now for months has been a witchhunt looking for her-I for one don't understand why these criminals get away with what they do.

Also if you have money and big wigs then you get better treatment. Otherwise you have to pay the jail time and whatever hoops to jump through..god forbid someone accuses someone of a fake crime-their lives are ruined forever. We have some very vindictive people here who if they hate someone that bad then they make up lies and get child protective services involved...Just a real ugly mess...our legal system needs an overhaul.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I was back in England I'd get them spayed/neutered in the blink of an eye! But unfortunately over here I have to be EXTRA careful because I don't want to run the risk of an infection after the operation. And I don't want the risk of them not waking up due to a difficulty in the anesthetic -- there's very few specialised vets over here, so it's a struggle trying to find one who knows what he's doing. Most people don't spay or neuter here, either. They let their cats breed, mostly just the persians and siamese though. Sparrow is what people over here consider to be 'persians', any long haired cat, really. You can get true persians over here -- there are only 2 breeds, the 'desi' ones, that are normal domestic cats and are VERY healthy, very few health problems and diseases and are very hardy, the siamese (though I think they are more like balinese's, they look nothing like true siamese's) and then the persians.

Indie actually isn't spraying a lot, he'll do it only once or twice a day. Before we got the outdoor enclosure he would spray every single second, it was horrible! We've also managed to 'train' him to go on the mats we have for him - we give him some kibble (which he's MAD for) whenever he sprays on them and he's got the hang of it :-) He is very happy though, I admit that he wasn't happy before, he would wail ALL day and would sometimes not eat at all, and he would refuse to play with anyone too. Now he's happier and healthier and is eating well :-)

I also read that neutering can increase the risk of stones in the urine? This makes me a little worried if we do end up neutering them. Would they be alright seeing as they're on raw?

And yes the stuff I went through with Butty was really frustrating and upsetting. It only happened a few months ago! He was also vomiting A LOT, altogether I'd say he vomited more than 10 times. I made sure he was hydrated and eatig though. That's another thing I've learned - that no matter what the illness, you should always feed your cat if they stop eating for more than a day. I researched into it and apparently they can get fatty liver if they stop eating for more than 2 days? Sometimes they can go for more if they're skinny.

I didn't know about Katniss, I just had to google up on her. She looked like such a sweetheart and I'm so sorry that someone did that to her :-( People honestly are so cruel.

And yes I have such a huge passion for animals! I've been researching about cats since I was about 8, and have been looking after strays since then too :-) It's weird because cats seem to just come to me out of nowhere. I didn't buy any of the cats that I have at the moment, they just end up on my doorstep or get given to me by friends!

Also! Back to Sparrow :-) She's doing super well and is starting to play with EVERYTHING. She's also starting to get a little personality on her and will scream at me if I don't pet her, or nibble on my fingers if I stop petting her to do some work :-) She hasn't sneezed since yesterday and the pus hasn't come back since last night, I'll keep on giving the antibiotics until the course is over, though!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I was back in England I'd get them spayed/neutered in the blink of an eye! But unfortunately over here I have to be EXTRA careful because I don't want to run the risk of an infection after the operation. And I don't want the risk of them not waking up due to a difficulty in the anesthetic -- there's very few specialised vets over here, so it's a struggle trying to find one who knows what he's doing. Most people don't spay or neuter here, either. They let their cats breed, mostly just the persians and siamese though. Sparrow is what people over here consider to be 'persians', any long haired cat, really. You can get true persians over here -- there are only 2 breeds, the 'desi' ones, that are normal domestic cats and are VERY healthy, very few health problems and diseases and are very hardy, the siamese (though I think they are more like balinese's, they look nothing like true siamese's) and then the persians.

Indie actually isn't spraying a lot, he'll do it only once or twice a day. Before we got the outdoor enclosure he would spray every single second, it was horrible! We've also managed to 'train' him to go on the mats we have for him - we give him some kibble (which he's MAD for) whenever he sprays on them and he's got the hang of it :-) He is very happy though, I admit that he wasn't happy before, he would wail ALL day and would sometimes not eat at all, and he would refuse to play with anyone too. Now he's happier and healthier and is eating well :-)

I also read that neutering can increase the risk of stones in the urine? This makes me a little worried if we do end up neutering them. Would they be alright seeing as they're on raw?

And yes the stuff I went through with Butty was really frustrating and upsetting. It only happened a few months ago! He was also vomiting A LOT, altogether I'd say he vomited more than 10 times. I made sure he was hydrated and eatig though. That's another thing I've learned - that no matter what the illness, you should always feed your cat if they stop eating for more than a day. I researched into it and apparently they can get fatty liver if they stop eating for more than 2 days? Sometimes they can go for more if they're skinny.

I didn't know about Katniss, I just had to google up on her. She looked like such a sweetheart and I'm so sorry that someone did that to her :-( People honestly are so cruel.

And yes I have such a huge passion for animals! I've been researching about cats since I was about 8, and have been looking after strays since then too :-) It's weird because cats seem to just come to me out of nowhere. I didn't buy any of the cats that I have at the moment, they just end up on my doorstep or get given to me by friends!

Also! Back to Sparrow :-) She's doing super well and is starting to play with EVERYTHING. She's also starting to get a little personality on her and will scream at me if I don't pet her, or nibble on my fingers if I stop petting her to do some work :-) She hasn't sneezed since yesterday and the pus hasn't come back since last night, I'll keep on giving the antibiotics until the course is over, though!
I've read about urinary issues if males are neutered too early, though there doesn't seem to to be clear correlation. Regardless, eating only dry food makes that a lot more likely. I wouldn't worry.

In regards to infection and anesthesia - that seems like a minor concern for the boys because it's such an easy, quick procedure. I would be more concerned about selecting a vet for the girl. Regardless, you have about a month to figure it out if you're keeping her before I would be concerned.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would recommend getting the boys snipped. Otherwise they may start spraying and being annoying with roaming. AND miss Kitten can get pregnant as young as 4 months or 6 months even if she DOESNT go into heat. So I would focus on getting them snipped. She can get spayed at 3 months old if you rather do that but it would be best if all 3 cats get snipped/tucked.

Have you lived with a female cat in heat? Its VERY annoying. And uncomfortable for her as well. Not to mention the chance of breast cancer/mammory cancer if they are intact. Males usually calm down and get friendlier without the hormones raging.

You can get one boy done in June and the next boy inJuly. Then the kitten done in August.
I'd do sparrow first if possible. The boys are still capable of impregnating her up-to aon the or do after they've been done.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's a little hard over here to find a vet over here that neuters and spays, it's kind of a cultural thing that the people over here feel that we should keep our pets with what they have. I have found a private clinic that does it though I'll just have to go and have a look and get a feel of the staff and see if I like the atmosphere etc. Also I have another problem as Butty and Indie are both REALLY skittish around people, so I wouldn't want to stress them out :-( Indie has already started spraying, which was why we made the outdoor enclosure for him (it's connected indoors so he has access to a very large 'territory') and that's helped his spraying and yowling cut down a lot :-) He still yells a lot when he sees one of the tom's come and investigate the area, but that's it :-) Butty's over a year old and he's not spraying or yowling yet (is this normal??), though he's a very mellow cat. He yowls when a tom cat comes too, but that's it!

So I think it would be best to get the female spayed, even if it will be a bit more expensive. She'll be more used to people seeing as she's still only a kitten, hopefully it will work out!

And no I've never had a female cat before, I've heard them outside though, and they're so LOUD! I heard they bleed too? Like they're on their period? And yes I've done a lot of research on this topic so know about the threats of mammary cancer :-/ I hope that we do end up spaying her, I'll talk about it with Mum :-)

Anyway! She's doing very well and is currently sleeping :-) She's getting lots of chub around her legs and stomach and I've noticed that she seems to have a really exotic look about her? Almost like a singapura but not quite! I'll upload some pictures tomorrow, it's a little too late now to get any good lighting :-)
I hope you're not forgetting your A levels madame?,