Does your cat play tag?

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wondering how many have a cat or cats that play tag -- reach out with a paw to "tag" you as you walk by. Mellie does that and I always get such a charge out of it.

roxy_loves_cj

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Cj plays tag. I will be getting ready in the morning and he will come in, stand on his hind legs and kinda box my legs (pow,pow,pow) and take off running. I then chase after him, pat his butt and run back and he chases me back to the bathroom and does it again. He is so cute.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
WHen i was younger 7 or 8 years old i had a cat who would chase me from the kitchen to the lounge room, i had to tap her tail and she would tap my leg.. my dad used to get so annoyed because i would ruin his News program and soccer games on tv!

Teufel occasionally does it too, he will just jump on me
and then i have to run after him but he has to attack me again

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah My cats love to tag me as I am walking by...I have started walking around my upstairs for exercise...and the cats love to sit in the middle of my walkway and hit my leg everytime I walk by...lol

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to have a little cat named Smoke that lived on the front porch. He would sit on the chair arm, grab you by the pant leg to try to keep you from going inside the house.

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gandalf plays occasionally when he's feeling frisky. He's a laid back cat though and not much into that kind of playing as much.

Samwise on the other hand loves tag. In particular, he loves to play tag with my Dad. It's so cute cause Samwise will get really wound up and start pouncing all over the place.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
JJ and Jack do it to each other, but not to me. One of our family fats, Blacky, would do it though. if you didn't want to be pulled in by him, you walked out of his reach... He'd sit on one of the retaining walls [outdoor kitty] and as you walked by, he'd reach out and hook your clothes, pulling you in.

And he wouldn't let go until you'd satisfied your AQ [Attention Quota] for the day!

Amanda

new_kitten_mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My hand is full of scratches but thats ok, my littel Kal-El he is so funny and cute, when i chase him in the hall way he will jump to attack me but put his 2 front legs out like he is going to give me a bear hug, he is so cute ...lol so yes he plays tag!

keeper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
San Benito-Harlingen area of Southern Texas
Ol'Gus, the tuxi we had growing up,, he knew better than to use claws if we had nice slacks or stockings on... and knew jeans meant he could wrap around our ankles and play vicious lion! I swear he could tell the difference in what we had on and how much force and claw he could use!!

He always had a routine w Mom... lay in wait just at the corner of the kitchen door, swipe at her-she swats at him w a dishtowel,, he runs thundering down the hall.... comes back for the next round. He never used his claws on her.

jane_vernon

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mum's kitty hides in the hallway and jumps and bites Mum's ankles when she goes walking by! And then scuttles off to the other end of the house until she gets a chance to do it again!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Misty would lurk around at the bottom of the steps, then suddely take off running and wait on the landing for me to follow her.

Swanie and Cynthia play tag with each other - up the hall one way with him chasing, down the hall the other way with her chasing. It's so cute.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not with the humans, but with each other. Ari does, however, play "Bowling for Grandmeowmy" with Mom.

miamispartan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tigger does that, but her new game is to hide behind the furniture in the Living Room, and when we walk by, "attack" us. It's all in play and she seems to have so much fun.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Neely plays tag with our dog. At first he instigated the chase but now the tables have turned and she tries to get him to chase her!

edithtippett

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I lived in a house growing up that had the kitchen connected to the dining room by a narrow pantry with a swinging door, and both rooms exited onto a long hall. My dog would stand at the kitchen door and I would stand in the kitchen and then run through the pantry to the dining room and she would run in the hall to the dining room door and try to beat me there. She would run at me, bark and then i would run back to the kitchen, where she was usually already at the door. She wouldn't go in to either room, it was like her own personal "rule" for the game to not cross the doorsill. She usually won because it was a shorter distance, but I would bug her by running from the dining room, hiding in the pantry and then running back to the dining room instead of the kitchen-she'd be waiting at the kitchen door poised to dash off again and I would stick my head out from the other door and say "hey, what's keeping you?". We played for an hour or more, probably our tenants downstairs didn't enjoy the game so much with a kid and a dog running over their head. meanwhile the cats would be sleeping on the chairs and couches to avoid being trampled, probably thinking what idiots we were.

missy&spikesmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah!! HAHAHA--And it just cracks me up!!!!!

Missy and KatyKitty sit on a kitchen chair and if I sit on the next chair over, they ALWAYS play tag, but figure I don't know it is them, as there is a tablecloth there(they figure I can't see them so don't know they are "tagging" me!!!!!!
)

Also, they play "Gotcha Last" up and down the hall every evening. Like the Cartoon, "Tom And Jerry"! Missy chases Katy first, then Katy chases Missy back down the hall!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jane_vernon

Mum's kitty hides in the hallway and jumps and bites Mum's ankles when she goes walking by! And then scuttles off to the other end of the house until she gets a chance to do it again!
mine run up and bury their claws in my butt. i think they're trying to tell me something.