Do you buy your cats Christmas presents?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Abby will be getting some toys and some freeze-dried duck hearts. :)

meowbox

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Of course! Who cares of they enjoy playing with the wrapping paper and sleeping in the boxes more than they do playing with the toys I buy. LOL.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We did get the kids their catnip and some balls; the balls are pretty much for Tabby who still loves to play with toys. Da Bird is here, too; he's in the hall closet, waiting for Christmas morning. And they'll have Fancy Feast for breakfast and dinner on Christmas.

Around here we have catnip parties, although we haven't had a good party in quite a while now. We used to have them all the time when Banshee was still alive....she loved her catnip. When she died, I just kind of stopped the catnip thing...too many memories, I guess.

The party would begin before I'm ready to vacuum the living room. I give each cat a good sprinkling of catnip on the floor in the living room; each cat gets his or her own little pile of nip. They eat, they roll, they eat, they roll and they have a great time. They spend a lot of time rolling around in the stuff. They'll lick themserlves off. Then, once they're stoned, they get a bite to eat, just a few dry kibble to enjoy. I pick each cat up and take them back to the bedroom and flop them on the bed. They curl up and sleep it off. And while they're sleeping, I vacuum the living room. I have some pictures of the cats eating their nip and then lounging afterward. They're hilarious.

We've never had a cat yet who didn't like nip. Boo used to be able to hear me take the lid off the container of nip and he'd come running out to the kitchen, all big-eyed. "Nip, Mom? Nip? Yay, nip!" The others would hear him carrying on and they'd come running, too. They had a blast.

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kits got the following:

This is a wide scratch "box"

The toy on this snaps on, but it lasted all of about 2 minutes.  It has a feather and Spencer ripped the whole toy right off the post.  Abby has taken this mat over as a favourite place to sleep.

A banana each.  Abby loves it.  Spencer and Katie don't seem to have the catnip gene, but I see Katie somethings hugging one and licking it. Spencer isn't interested.

A new water fountain.  Abby has taken to it, but I've yet to see the twins drink from it. I want to get rid of the ceramic bowl in my bathroom.

And 2 prints of R.J.   The clinic kitty at our Vet's office.  Proceeds for the pictures went to Siamese Rescue. This was actually my kitties gift to me because they know how crazy I am for R.J.  I sometimes just go to the Vet's office to see him!  The other day I went to give him cuddles, and didn't want to seem like a freak, so I bought cat food that I didn't need!  LOL

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's Christmas morning in Australia. Santa Paws came. We left him out bacon and a drink of water..

Merry Christmas to you all and your Kitty's.[emoji]128571[/emoji]

Last edited: