Do you buy your cats Christmas presents?

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  If I have to enter a pet store for any other reason, Maia has to get atleast a little something out of it. Christmas is the time for purchasing TCS SS gifts, so Maia as well as Eric's kitties must be included! The best is receiving and opening with Maia the TCS SS gift!

We always shop safe and respectful to kitties needs

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Really? Because of bacteria or something?  I use plastic water fountains.  

Cats are known to have or develop allergies to plastic. And plastic also makes the taste and smell of water yucky. That's why ceramic and stainless steel is recommended better!
Cats can also get feline acne, which is essentially black pimples, along their chin area. Banshee had it and Mollipop got it, too. When Banshee got it, the vet told us that it was feline acne and suggested using only stainless, ceramic, or glass for watering and feeding. No plastic. We got rid of all plastics and her acne cleared right up. 

When Muffin came to our house, she had her own eating plates and water bowls, which were plastic. Mollipop would scarf from Muffin's plates whenever she got the chance. She got feline acne, too, so I got rid of Muffin's plastic stuff. Acne is gone and we'd not had any trouble since.

As much as we'd like a water fountain for the gang, we are hesitant, basically because they're plastic.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wrapped our cats pressies tonight and put them under the tree. My daughter has made them gifts too and they are under the tree in the kids room. My mother in law and her Sister also buy each cat a Christmas gift. The cats are family. I love Winchesters idea of the stockings. That's gorgeous!!

luvmyparker

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought and wrapped gifts for Parker one year and my niece LOVED watching him open them. I guess she figured he got as excited for presents as she did. Since I am taking Parker to my parents for Christmas, I think I will get him something. Not sure what though. He already has the only toys he will play with, lots of treats and catnip, lol.

alma hinson49

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
absolutely not! I have 2 cats and 2 dogs who we consider family. They all have their own stocking and we have a 4 foot tree that is just for Santa paws to leave gifts under.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm sure I'm really a crazy cat lady, but not only will Ruby be getting a gift and a stocking, she will be giving little presents to her human relatives.

fleabags mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I'm sure I'm really a crazy cat lady, but not only will Ruby be getting a gift and a stocking, she will be giving little presents to her human relatives.
Ahh, same here!! The cat has bought my fella some cat themed prezzies and are already wrapped up in paw-print Christmas paper!  Yes, I think we probably are crazy... I know I was chuffed to bits when I found a Valentines day card from the cat in a shop last Feb, just excellent.

The cat was bought so far this year a cardboard fire engine toy from Suck, but he couldn't have been less impressed when I gave it to him, so I bought him a new bed. Both given early because I can't wait to see if the cat likes things.  I also bought a new toy with flashing lights, a new valerian mouse toy and some extra fresh valerian root from a herb shop... ugggg but he loves it as much as I hate it!

Happy Christmas folks :-)

Last edited:

lillys mommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So far Lilly has gotten a new Da Bird and Elf mice (catnip infused). She's getting a kitty condo too :) My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts but I told him our "first born" has to be spoiled! Lol

luciafernanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

hahaha my mum used to get me and my sister presents from our cats, too.

wait, my mum used to get me and my sister presents? I mean Max and Billy went to the mall with their credit cards.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Santa Paws!! Oh that's excellent. My kids are still little, they will love that idea! Oh and I never thought of the cats giving to humans. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas. I'll be off to spend more money now!!!

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Psh.. My cats already got enough presents within the past month. Since I got Soren on November 3rd, I had to prepare for a clawed cat (My other two indoor kitties are declawed) in the house and I bought two cat trees and two small scratching posts and a bunch of toys and catnip...... I would say they have been spoiled enough for now lol

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
absolutely not! I have 2 cats and 2 dogs who we consider family. They all have their own stocking and we have a 4 foot tree that is just for Santa paws to leave gifts under.
We are just about to go and buy stockings to leave out for Santa Paws. I have stolen your idea and my children are so excited!! Thanks. The only thing the children are concerned about is what do they leave out for Santa paws? They thought he might be a dog? Or is he a cat?

awaiting abyss

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We are just about to go and buy stockings to leave out for Santa Paws. I have stolen your idea and my children are so excited!! Thanks. The only thing the children are concerned about is what do they leave out for Santa paws? They thought he might be a dog? Or is he a cat?
I think Santa Paws is a movie. lol I believe it was a dog on the movie, but I'm not actually sure because I've never actually seen the movie.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When Hydrox, The Old Coot, was still alive, he (on behalf of the RugCats) was always the one who gave me my Stephen King book for Christmas. When he died, Banshee, The Queen B, took over that ritual. And when Banshee died, Mollipop was next in line to give that particular gift to me. My Stephen King books have all been given to me by the furkids.

Around here, we call him Santa Claws. Years ago (before the Tacky White Tree), we had a 4-foot tree in the kitchen that was decorated in nothing but kitty ornaments and plain white lights. We have ornaments that say "Meow" and "Purr" and many other cat-related decorations. I bought a twin bed sheet with cats on it to use as a tree skirt. We put some of the cat ornaments on the living room tree now.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, I love this--Santa Paws and Santa Claws.  I have to admit, I've received many gifts and cards from the kids over the years, some complete with pawprint signatures.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
  That's about right, the puppies all lined up neatly and looking all pleased to see you while the cats delve in to their prezzies. 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli got a package in the mail yesterday from the company that makes his prescription food. It contained some treats suitable for cats with food allergies/IBD and a squeaky Rudolph toy. He's thrilled with both. There's also a Christmas card addressed to him. It's marketing, but the personal touch is appreciated. I'll definitely have to get more of the treats the next time I order. :)

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually from Walmart, Petco and sometimes Family Dollar.  I am  able to buy a cat tree this year finally for Christmas.  Bella & Thunder are going to love it.

Last edited: