Diva Cup (men may wish to stay away!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As long as she's comfortable poking around up there, and your friend is comfortable with her daughter poking around up there (sorry, didn't know how to put it non-graphically), she should be fine. It's only a little more effort than a tampon, and lots of young people use tampons.

I think it would give her daughter more freedom.

buzbyjlc10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
State College, PA and Haddon Township, NJ
I agree

I just don't know if she being younger and in the earlier stages of "womanhood" would have her encountering any different experiences than what I have or have heard of... I'm not sure if the um shall we say sexual activity status has anything to do with Diva usage either (not that I know her status in that area lol)... I didn't really pry much, but from what my mom relayed to me, this girl just recently started to try using tampons and hasn't had much luck so that's another reason why it'd be awesome to find a younger Diva user for her to maybe communicate with especially since I don't really remember what I went through in junior high at that point in my life haha - but she's a competitive swimmer so she needs some option other than pads.

But if anyone has any more suggestions or input on this matter, it's greatly appreciated

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's always the chance that it won't fit but I think if shes interested it's worth a try.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been tempted to get this Diva Cups cousin called the Moon Cup but I'm not sold on the idea of having to clean it! Also, how the heck do you get it out??

Anyone notice the Ad at the top of the page is for a Moon Cup? Coincedence?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pippy-pops

I've been tempted to get this Diva Cups cousin called the Moon Cup but I'm not sold on the idea of having to clean it! Also, how the heck do you get it out??

Anyone notice the Ad at the top of the page is for a Moon Cup? Coincedence?
The design concept is basically the same. I think the biggest difference is materials. They all have ridges around the bottom of the cup and a "tail" but that you may have to trim off. Basically, you bear down (like your having a bowel movement) and that will push the cup down, then you grab the bottom, squeeze to break the seal and pull.

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, my friend recommended the cup quite highly, and I bought one several months back. used it a couple times, couldn't get the hang of it, and quit using it.

Since I am home, I have time to practice LOL... so I've been using it and must say I really like it (once I got it in right that is).

I haven't had any leakage probs, but do wear a liner in case, if I'm going out.

I just have to say though: it was a pain to figure out how to place it properly. Once you get that, its smooth sailing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been happy with mine too - once you get the hang of it, it's much better
I get really heavy periods, so the DivaCup makes life so much easier.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE mine!!! One thing that I have noticed, is less cramps... why, I am not sure

I also love it that I can change it every 12 hours, and that it is always available - I will never need to go to the market to buy tampons again... I am hooked.
But, I agree - it can be a pain to get it right, and if you don't get it, you are bound to have accidents...

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm honestly surprised at the amount of people using it. My neighbour introduced me to it bout 6mos or so ago... I had never heard of it then.

Prolly because I don't see any ads for it and it's not something I talk about to my friends cuz they are mainly guys. My neighbour moved in last summer, and her and I are quite close....anything goes LOL.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have never heard of it before, but I might try it. That is when i start having periods again. (Yea nursing!
) I really like how it will help reduce space in land fills!